GreenCamo's first grow! (bagseeds)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Greencamoflaugh, Apr 29, 2010.

1. #1 Greencamoflaugh, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2010
    So I decided to start a grow journal :)

The seeds came from bagseeds from some real good smoke. Decided to pop one in the dirt and it popped out on 4-11 :)

This plant has already been through hell with the mistakes I made in the beginning. Transplanted very gently 3 times, had spider mites, and had Ph problems from buying the wrong soil. But, true to it's name it still is growing like a weed ;)

Lighting is 2 x 23w actual 6500k CFL's Will be adding more. I also have a universal ballast for MH or HPS up to 400w with a 400w MH bulb and a hood\reflector. But I think that is overkill and not very cost effective for 1 plant. Maybe next go round if I get a female and clone city :hello:

Soil is now my own special blend after trouble with pre-mixed crap brands. No FF around here :( So I looked into recipes from a bunch of different people and did some research. BAM!! my own special mix :cool:

So here are some pics of her from about 20 min ago:

She is not very tall but already has 4 sets of leaves and is working on pushing up the fifth.
    Grabbed a tape measure and she is 4.5" wide and only 2" tall. I'm thinking LST would be great with this one.

Day 17 (from breaking soil):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Great pics!! I was surprised at how short and sturdy it is but that is a good thing. I'll be following this grow!

3. Yeah, she's really short and stocky. Now I just hope for a female :)

4. you should top her(hopefully). and she'll bush more

try shopping online
    for the grow supplys

5. Topping would be really interesting! Sending some vibes your way for a fem also man :D

6. Yeah, I'm gonna top the next set that comes out. She's loving the new soil and larger pot along with a proper Ph. She's gonna be a great plant as long as it's a female.

My next pics will be just before I top her, so probably like 3 days. But who knows, looks like she's gonna take off now :)

I'm gonna have to get a couple more bulbs soon I think. Does anyone know if it's beneficial to add a 2700k bulb during veg? I'm running 6500k right now. Thinking 3 6500k and 1 2700k. Unless you guys think I will get more out of her with a 2700k thrown in.

7. I have a 2700K running with my 2 6500k bulbs. My opinion is the more the better. I'm not sure on how effective they are during veg state but I'm giving it a try.

8. Yeah. I just went and bought a couple more 6500k bulbs. No point changing something that is working so well.

9. Here we go. Some new pics of the lady. Got her under her own 100w of CFL's 6500k now. 2x23w and 2x26w.
    Watered again yesterday and topped of the soil in the pot.
    This lady has some serious growth from the main stem. Everywhere that the fan leaves branch of there are already sets of 5 finger leaves growing from the same node.

Temps range from 72f to 82f, but mostly stays about 75f.
    Some of the pics make it look really light green, but you can see in the other that without the flash on it really is dark green.

Let me know what you guys think please!

Day 22 from breaking dirt:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. looking really good!!! cant wait to see how topping turns out are u gonna lst it? and what u gonna do for nutrients?

11. Looks absolutely amazing!!

12. Yeah, I'm gonna top it soon. Not sure about LST though. Since this is my first grow I kinda just want to let it go. I am working on getting my medical MJ card so I can have a real crop without so much worry. This grow is kinda like a dry run to get the hang of it and acquire the supplies needed.

As for nuets, I have no clue what to use or when to start it.
    Anybody have any recommendations on something cheap for veg? And when should I start?

My buddy has his Medical card and I am growing for him at his house about 12 plants. I just have the 1 at my house.

My kid graduates high school this year, so once he is gone and I get my card I will be much more serious in my growing.

13. Well, looks like I had an Aphid problem. Much thanks to Antigen for the help in fixing the problem.
    Going to be looking around for some nutes soon. Looking to grab some FF grow big. When is the proper time to start feeding?

14. #15 Greencamoflaugh, May 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2010
    I am going to get some experience with EVERY problem on my very first grow :):rolleyes:

So I have to run right now:smoking: so I will get pics up in a few, but I am having very slow growth on top and the new leaves coming in are very light green\yellow.

15. they sound hungry ... hurry up with thos nuts

16. #17 Greencamoflaugh, May 10, 2010
    Here she is anyone tell me what the yellowing and strange growth from the new leaves is?

Day 26 from breaking dirt:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. #18 stoned_bunny, May 10, 2010
    they look fine..

let them grow out alittle then if they stay yellow then worry

but if i was u i would start up the nuts lol

just my opinion

18. problem is getting a little worse. It's spreading to the new growth farther down the plant some:confused:

19. From what I read I understand you are not using nutes yet. Correct? Then I would say the problem is lack of nitrogen. Your grow is 26 days in from breaking ground (same as mine:D) you should definitely be using nutes by now. Other than that your plant looks good. Start nutes off at 1/2 to 1/4 strength and then build up until you get the slightest of nute burn on the tips of your leaves. That way you know they are getting all the food they can handle.