First Grow/ CFL/ OG Kush

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by BluntedAtBirth, Apr 28, 2010.

1. #1 BluntedAtBirth, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2010
    Hello all, This is my first Grow! Here is my setup...

Currently running two 6500K 23watt CFL bulbs and one 2700k 23watt CFL bulb for Veg. Bumping that to 4 6500ks soon.
    Pro-mix
    Tap/bottled water
    I'm going to SCRoG and top/fim it.
    18/6 light schedule

I got the seed from a friend and he swears on his life that it is an OG Kush seed. I doubt this is true but it will be fun to examine the plant and determine it's strain. I started the germination on 4/20!

Let's hope for a Female *fingers crossed*

Attached Files:

2. Right on man,
    I'll grab the 1st seat.
    It's just the 1 seed you're going to grow?
    Hope it turns out female for you
    Good luck

3. Yeah, just one for now. Since it's my first grow I want to experiment a bit before I get more plants. If it turns out Male I will just get rid of him and start a new grow.

I had a thought, if it turned out male maybe I could put him outside and let him grow to get more seeds.

4. Negatory there partner.... it takes two to tango and two to make seeds.... if you put that male outside by itself then all that will happen is that boy will blow his load on a whole lotta nothing and thats exactly whats going to happen.... nada... but i wish a girl upon you and can wait to see it alll happen

5. Ah yeah very true. Well I've got a few more seeds from my friend in case this one turns out to be a male.

I have my lights on a timer set for the 18/6 cycle by the way.

6. Day 6 (above soil): day6.JPG

7. Lookin good man!

8. Day 7 (above soil): The true leaves are starting to develop but they look a bit funny... what do you think?

007.jpg

Attached Files:

• 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      338.3 KB
      Views:
  9. It'll be fine

10. It will straighten itself out. No worries!

11. Day 8 (above soil): a lot of growth happened overnight.

5.1.10 006.jpg

12. Man, just wait till it starts to grow :) Mine grew a whole 1" taller and 2" wider overnight!

13. Lookin good bro. Hope it turns out to be a girl. Will be keepin an eye out for updates :hello:

14. Day 9 (above soil): The tempature in the grow space has been up around 90F with the lights on lately. Ive been keeping the fan directed toward the lights and the plant hoping to lower it but no luck yet. I noticed a little yellowing could it be from the high temp?

may2.jpg

Attached Files:

15. If you are talking about the lower set of round leaves, then don't worry. Those are supposed to turn yellow and fall off\die. Now if your regular leaves start to yellow you may have an issue.

16. Yeah I was just overly worried about those little leaves. Here is day 10...

may3.jpg

When should I transplant into a big pot?

17. So whats your soil? And what are you watering with?
    Looks pretty good.
    If the top of the plant is below the rim of the cup you can get stagnate air inside that cup. I used party cups and had to pull the plant and soil out like I was transplanting and put some more soil in the bottom, then put the plant back in so it's above the cup.
    You have drain holes in the bottom of the cup right?

18. Very good point! I never thought about the air that could stagnate beneath the rim of the cup. I just cut away the edge making it even with the soil level.

The soil I'm using is "PREMIER Pro-Mix Ultimate Container Mix 1-2-3" PREMIER® Pro-Mix® Ultimate Container Mix - 1 Cubic Foot

They were all out of Sunshine Mix when I asked but they said this stuff was "the same thing" so I bought it.

I've been watering with regular Deer Park bottled water.

and yes there are drainage holes.