All CFL tent grow, 2nd timer

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by gsxrkid750, Mar 14, 2010.

1. #1 gsxrkid750, Mar 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2010
    This is my second grow. Im using a small secret jardin tent with 250 watts of CFLs. Espoma organic potting soil with mycotone. This soil has no nutes and I will be using FoxFarms trio of nutes, and I just started a small dose of grow big. Every watering will have a tiny amount of superthrive. Temps are 74-82F, Ph of water going in is 7.0 and runoff is 6.2. I have a fan on top of tent pulling air through the bottom vents and out the exhaust stack on top. My first grow went ok considering I didn't have enough light nor the correct light for the first half of the plants life, MG soil, fungus gnats, Ph lockout, nute burn and I slightly snapped the main stem...LOL. Lesson learned :eek:. The ones in front broke ground around 25 days ago, they are from an indoor variety pack from a UK seed distributor so I dont know the strain, supposedly they are either chrystal, white widow, big bud, or northern lights. The ones in back broke ground around 17 days ago, on the left is a pure afghan which looks a little small, and on the right sour diesel. I just watered them and they are droopy so I will post new pics right after they perk up. I plan on putting a second pot underneath them with the same soil to increase the amount of medium im using because a bigger pot wont fit. Any suggestions, questions or reps are appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Nice man. Looking very green! always a good sign. Like you said they look a little over watered but no biggy, keep it up.

3. what size is your tent?

4. Its small 17x17x48.

5. nice. i have the same tent. ill be watching this grow. what are you using as you fans intake/exhaust?

6. To be honest I bought a small heater with fan at home depot because its winter in new england and fans are not in abundance, also didn't want to order a fan online. I turn the fan on only lay it down over the vent hole and it sucks enough air to keep things very cool with only 2 of the 3 bottom vents open.

7. oh i see.. im guessing odor is not a problem for you then

8. no, its in a closet in a locked room. maybe some ozium if im having company just in case.

9. I guess if this grow goes well i might have a smell problem. i guess ill cross that bridge when i get to it. any suggestions on smell control on the cheap?

10. Right now im more concerned about noise than smell. how much is the fan?

11. around 75 bucks..the fan is pretty quiet

12. So are you using an inline carbon filter or something else?

13. Sorry didn't read everything, I was a little high. Love sour diesel....Anyways I like the set up but I just dont have space for a set up like that. If smell becomes an issue, which I guess I hope it does, then ill try that ONA stuff in a jar.

14. Wassup, new pics today a day after watering, still a little droopy and my sativa in the back right corner is giving me headaches. Im giving them all the nutes they can handle and maybe too much. Ill back off a little and see what happens. I cant see ANY bugs but i see some strange edges on a few leaves of my sour diesel.

Attached Files:

15. can you show me how your intake and exhaust fans are mounted? and what size and stuff like that..thanks

16. Very simple and cheap. One fan on top of the tents exhaust stack. I may at some point get a 6in clamp fan for the inside to create a breeze, they even have models that oscillate for $20-25. Two of the three bottom vents are open, the closet has double sliding doors that i leave cracked and temps do not rise above 82F. Sorry didn't know how to rotate the pic.

Attached Files:

17. Hey hey, new pics. I fed them yesterday with a full dose of grow big(2tsp/gal) for the first time and they seemed to like it. Its about day 29 for the ones in front and a week less for the ones in back. left front is sour diesel, right front unknown strain from variety seed bag, left rear pure afghan and left rear unknown sativa dominant strain from same indoor variety seed bag. The sativa is looking unhappy and is taking up alot of room, she may get put down soon. Im going to wait at least another 7-10 days before flowering, id like to see them a little taller. I also will be doing the double bucket/pot thing I saw Socks do here http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/484081-socks-cfl-madness.html. I plan on doing that this weekend. Things could look better open to suggestions. I did a full dose of growbig yesterday cuz I saw some yellowing of the fan leaves and 28 days is old enough for nutes full strength after I started them off slow. They got 1/2 tsp/gal last week for the first time at 3 weeks old.

Attached Files:

18. So I just transplanted the sour diesel(1st pic in the rear) and the unknown strain(1st pic in the front) to bigger pots and the afghan(2nd pic) I stacked on another pot half filled with my soil mixture after drilling out the bottom of the pot to allow the roots to stretch down. The sativa was put down out of space concerns and I was having trouble keeping it happy. They were watered lightly with superthrive and light dose of grow big and big bloom because of all the yellowing on the fan leaves. Their old pots were small but they were not root bound. Now with only 3 plants I can drop the lights lower and get more lumens to the sides of the plants. Flowering will start next week. Any advice on when to start tiger bloom?

Attached Files:

19. looking so good this morning I will start flowering in a few days. I expected some unhappy plants after transplanting. Hell they look like they grew over night! Post new pics later.