Very first grown... elephant bud? 2x 400w HPS

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by donkey12, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Hey everyone i am about 8 and 1/2 weeks into flowering and i really wanted to start a journal before but never really had a lot of time. My friend has a few seeds of elephant bud and give me a few, he cant grow them at the moment so i decided to get two 400w HPS and give this seeds a shot. I looked at the site where he got them from and it says that they should flower with in 45 days. here are some pictures let me know what you think. Should i change the water in my buckets to ph water only at this point? I am growing with deep water culture using organic nutrients.

By the way has is anyone familliar with this strain?

Attached Files:

• A.JPG
      A.JPG
      File size:
      313.8 KB
      Views:
    • B.JPG
      B.JPG
      File size:
      487.7 KB
      Views:
    • C.JPG
      C.JPG
      File size:
      441.1 KB
      Views:
    • D.JPG
      D.JPG
      File size:
      452.9 KB
      Views:
    • E.JPG
      E.JPG
      File size:
      366.6 KB
      Views:
    • F.JPG
      F.JPG
      File size:
      504.1 KB
      Views:
    • G.JPG
      G.JPG
      File size:
      434.7 KB
      Views:
  2. This are some more pictures of the same 2 plants.

Attached Files:

• 035.JPG
      035.JPG
      File size:
      401.3 KB
      Views:
    • 028.JPG
      028.JPG
      File size:
      519.8 KB
      Views:
    • 036.JPG
      036.JPG
      File size:
      415.3 KB
      Views:

3. Too bad you only started this journal at the end, would have been curious to watch these, never heard of the elephant before

Check out my first grow with the link below. Curious to think what you have to say with producing these 2 ladies

Is this really your first grow?

Anywho, if you have time make a small history lesson on this grow, clones or seeds? what products for soil, nutrients, that kind of good stuff
    :wave:

4. #4 donkey12, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2010
    Hey so two of my plants are almost ready to be harvest i am going to give them one more week and after that is going to be chop time! They look pretty nice and fat to me but what do i know its my first time doing this.

I had two clones vegging for about 50 days i thought they would be short like the sisters but they have turn into monsters. They were about 30 inches tall when they were moved to 12/12, now 3 weeks later they are huge. They are about 5 feet tall and 4 feet wide, plus much stronger than the 2 sisters. I wonder why that is though... does the amount of time i veg them affects their size?

I water them every time the water in their 5g buckets runs out or gets very close to running out. For nutrients I am using the Nova Flora and Nova Bloom series by General hydroponics and Monster Bloom by Grotec. I give them about 5 tsp of Flora and about 2/5 of monster bloom every 5 days... that usually then they ran out of water.

Anyways what i wanted to show you guys today is the difference between the plants that i veg for 25 days and their clones sisters that i vegged for 50 days. I am very exited to see how this plants turn out. They look like nothing like the sisters

Attached Files:

• 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      546.8 KB
      Views:
    • K.JPG
      K.JPG
      File size:
      673.3 KB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      677.9 KB
      Views:

5. You can see one of the older plants to the left of the big plant.

6. i had some bud before called elephant haze

7. Has anyone ever heard of BCseeds.com thats where my friends got this seeds. they got some seeds that cost over 3000$?!?!?! wtf? do people actually pay that much for seeds?

Anyways this is the strain info... some of it seems a little weird
    Plant height: \tMed
    THC level %: \t34%
    Flowering times: \t42-44 Days
    Yield: \t1230 g/m2
    Grows: \tIndoors/Outdoors/Greenhouse
    Strain Genetics: \tIndica/Sativa Proprietary Hybrid
    Grow Difficulty: \tEasy
    Plant Odor: \tmed
    Smoke Flavor: \tAdd mollasses during Flowering to create a smooth smoke

I really do not see this plants giving me more than 150 g (each) but that still pretty good... i think?

8. Hi everyone so they have been flowering for 9 weeks and i started the flush 7 days ago. i decided to chop one of them down and let the other one go on for a week more. I just want to see what gives me best results. I think this plants did way better than what i was expecting. Is 443g wet... she still needs to dry. Does anyone know how much weight will she loose once dried?

I found some signs of root rot... AGAIN! :mad:. Does anyone know of any good products that i can use to prevent root rot.

Attached Files:

• 025.JPG
      025.JPG
      File size:
      278.3 KB
      Views:
    • 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      351.6 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      247.2 KB
      Views:
    • 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      256.5 KB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      373.8 KB
      Views:
  9. Have You tried Cannazym? Also maybe a peroxide wash in between cycle's! Looks Good, nice and taste. Make sure to Make a Smoke report so we know how the elephant was!

10. you should expect around 100-110 grams dry for 443

11. would you guys say that good for one plant?

12. thats roughly 4 zips.. yeah thats good.

13. your not counting the branches in the total weight are you

14. ya what you see on the last picture to the right is what i weighted

15. youll prolly loose alot of weight form them extra branches :p

16. thats all good the second one looks like a fatty too! ill post some pictures soon

17. yeah BC seeds is one of best sites for seeds
    and wow very pretty buds you got there

working on getting my grow op things here in next few weeks but got one question for you... whats difference between normal seeds and clones? do they grow differently or are they the same things but just grown from the original mother

18. I didnt not about BC seed until my friend give me some seeds but they turned out ok. not the 3 lb that it said i was going to get but its my first time growing conditions were perfect and i did have a root rot problem 2 weeks into flowering so i am happy.

With clones you can pretty much pick a plant that you like make copies of it... lol thats how i see it. the clones look a lot stronger than their sisters that grew from seeds but that might just be because its my second go at it and they vegged for 2 weeks longer.

19. Thanks for showing your elephant grow. I have ordered from Bc seeds before and have received my seeds each time but I'm only just starting to germinate my upstate and elephant outdoors for this coming summer. Right now there are I think 6 different variations of elephant that you can purchase. The elephant outdoors offers the biggest yield.

There are many people out there who want to know if the high prices are worth it. Some say no and some say yes.

You're not going to get pounds of weed if you only grow out of a 5 gallon bucket. I'm using 21 gallon buckets with holes in the bottom for drainage.

Showing us your pictures really helps us understand what the elephant strain can do so thanks for doing that!

Definately count your first grow as a success!

Good job!:yay:

Boobs

20. Donkey its been 2 weeks since cropping the plants. What is the updated smoke report? How much did everything weigh total, trimmed and without all the stems?
    How is the smoke?

You need to get AN WetBetty, Canna Cannazym, and AN Nirvana to avoid the root rot. Plus about 5ml of Hydrogen Peroxide per Gallon of watering water.

check out my journal for all that stuff

I am very excited to hear about your final report? where have you been?