8 strain 1br Apartment Grow! 2x 400w Tents!! Check It Out!!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Buddha88, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Ok so I ran into some equipment issues after my last grow and it shut me down for a minute. But we got some new ballasts, new bulbs, and some new fans and things are back in business. For this grow were using 2 grow tents, 2x4x5 and 2x4x7. Each is rigged with its own 400 watt dimmable Lumatek ballast, a 400 watt hortilux hps/mh, and its own hydrofarm blower and scrubber. Im using happy frog potting soil straight out of the bag and the full array of pbp pro soil minus the sweet. For strains weve got quite the selection here. Nirvana Aurora Indica, White Rhino, Northern Lights, and Blue Mystic. DNA's Kushberry. TH Seeds MK Ultra. Barneys Farm Vanilla Kush. And finally im doing a test run on 2 feminised seeds i created from my Indiana BubbleGum cutting. We had a good seed crop on it that im confident about but the real test is scheduled for this years outdoor grow. Just checking to see if these 2 plants herm or not. Anyways today were 10 days in. Im going to try to update this journal atleast everyother day if not everyday. Heres the report so far.

Planted all of my seeds directly into soil. Went 15/16 minus one vanilla kush. Youll notice one side is smaller those were planted about 5 days later. Plants are getting water/liquid karma every other day and seem to be doing great. Real nutes will start in about 5-10 days. plan is to veg to about 1 foot then repot into 3 gallons and break them into groups of 8 for each flowering area. Usually takes about 30 days veg to get to that point so hopefully not too much longer. I tried to get pics of the whole op and all the gear to answer any questions but if i left anything out let me know. Im glad to answer any questions and i want this to be like a guide for apartment renters out there. I see alot of interest in apartment growing and i hope this covers anything youd wanna know. Ill try to explain everything im doing and why i do it that way. But again if you have question let me know. Thanks for stopping by and i appreciate any and all feedback.

Attached Files:

2. few more pics

Attached Files:

3. Nice dude, everything sounds great except for the whole "we" deal,

where did you get those black curtians?

4. Nice looking set up man, I'm a legal grower and have recently been thinking of stepping up to a bigger operation much like yours there, Looking forward to how it come out.

Subscribed

5. Looks great man, how do you like the Happy Frog? I have some little girls almost their age :D I'll be watching to see how this turns out. Happy growing!:smoking:

6. Well thanks for coming by man. My op is no bigger(plant size) than alot of others out there but ive managed to pack it into a pretty small space. The best part is though i use a constant, steady stream of electricity, so for an apartment i look normal. Youll see what i mean though glad to have you along!

The happy frog is amazing! Im all about the beneficial bacteria and it paired with liquid karma and PBP has done wonders for my plants. I dont think happy frog is enough but when you pair it with yucca extract or humic acid it seems to do wonders for MJ! Highly Recommend! Its also cheaper than FFOF and imo much better!

LoL "We" is my girlfriend and since she lives here and helps tends the plants the grow is a "we" thing lol. As far as the curtains go The rod is made from 1/2 pvc held up by 3 cheapo hangers(like $3 a piece). The actual curtain came from JCPenney. JCPenney : Robert Eclipse Black-out Energy Saving Coordinates . Recommend these or something like them. Make sure you get ones with tab top or you wont be able to slide them around the hangers. I attached some pics hopefully you see what im talking about.

Attached Files:

7. This looks great, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Your situation is very familiar, I too am stuck in a 1 bdrm apartment living with my plants and girlfriend. I like how clean and neat your set up is, I am looking to forward to seeing your results.

8. Does your old lady complain about the plants too? lol glad to have you on board though. i clean constantly im very fearful of pests and what not.

9. Looks great man!:D What are you doing to be stealthy? I just moved into an apartment and need some tips on being nonchalant.

10. Well reality is the 16 sq feet of grow space is pretty hard to just tuck away. I do have them in grow tents so you just cant see in and there is a curtain as you can see that blocks the grow boxes from being seen. Other than that i did place a new lock on the door to make sure that noone but me and the gf could get in there. Pretty much all you can do with this many plants... oh and obviously our bedroom is like totally off limits to everyone.

11. Yeah.. unfortunately my girl complains because we're already cramped in to a small apartment -- so living with plants in both veg and flower is very difficult -- gotta love listening to my inline fan and oscillating fans all night! However, after harvest she is usually a-okay with everything :p

12. Lol yeah its funny how they complain right up til the buds in the bowl lol. i looked at your setup though thats pretty cool. I thought about running mine like that once but in the end ive found i get more just running two boxes seperately.

13. subscribed. I LOVE THE drape setup bro. excellent sh!t. I have been deciphering what to do since the flowering closet I was gunna build is a little to small for my liking. I might branch off with this idea for my perpetual. SUBSCRIBED. +rep for a cool idea.:hello:

14. I want to play with your toys! My nutes have been in the mail for over a week :(

15. Well thanks for the rep bro! as far as closets go though i totally recommend grow tents. got both of mine on ebay shipped to my door for about $90-95. Never had a problem and ive run quite a few grows in them.

www.cheaphydroponics.com this is where i get about %50 of my gear(the rest from a local shop) but its by far the best place online ive ever found. The prices are as low as youll find em and i get most of my stuff next day in the midwest. The part is though this website is linked to a real life chain of retail stores so the service and what not is a little better over some sites. Anyways what are you using on your girls?

16. Thanks for the link, I will definitely be hitting them up for some stuff soon :cool:
    I will be using Fox Farm Grow Big, and depending on what I think at flower I may change brands but I like what I've heard about FF for sure.

17. Im in a 1-br apartment as well and have been wanting to start a grow for a while. The grow boxes off of ebay, what was the seller? Or was it a one time thing? Your set up is awesome man. Ill definitely keep an eye on this thread.

18. Ive used foxfarm before and its definately good stuff. The simplest formula out there i think to use. It does tend to be a little potent though so you might wanna start it off at 50%. Thats why i switched off of it, was having a lot of nute burn issues.

Well for awhile i was buying the Secret Jardin Darkroom boxes but they run pretty expensive. Then i started getting these little jewels. This is what i got for my smaller box(2x4x5)NEW REFLECTIVE INTERIOR GROW TENT CABINET HYDROPONICS R - eBay (item 160407738685 end time Mar-02-10 19:35:31 PST)

this is the one for the bigger box(2x4x7)100% Reflective Interior Grow Cabinet Tent 2 x 4 x 7 - eBay (item 180475975737 end time Mar-03-10 05:30:11 PST) THIS IS THE ONE I RECOMMEND!!! its nicer cause you can get taller plants in there. i frequently have sativas that outgrow the 5' and have to be swapped with a shorter plant into the 7'. Also if you want to use it as a veg room you can turn the upper unused part into the "clone area". This way you can have more room for vegging plants and mothers on the floor below. Im going to post an update tonight and ill be sure to throw some pics of my clone setup in. Cost an extra $30 MaYbE and it works great. I always hook up cuttings of my plants to some local guys so ill also be posting info on all of that when the time comes. Any more questions let me know and thanks for stopping by and your kind words. I take a lot of pride in my boxes and its always warming to hear others appreciate it! :smoke:

19. DAY 12

Ok so today i started the plants on 50% nutes. theyve been growing pretty well so i figured they might like the little kick. Pics below so you can see the progress. If anyone wants pics of particular plants your watching let me know and ill get them all side by side.

Attached Files:

20. They look so healthy, such uniform growth! Mine are at day 11 and look completely different :eek:
    Is that a DIY carbon scrubber on top there? Do you have another fan inside the box or does that one provide enough ventilation? Is there just a vent or something at the bottom for an intake or does it intake everywhere? Sorry, I love your setup, just trying to visualize how it works and steal your genius!