Ed's Coconut Grove - California Hash (Dinafem)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by AskEd, Dec 23, 2009.

1. #1 AskEd, Dec 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2010
    INTRO

High all! Got a surprise grow today, Christmas came early along with some family from Cali, and ol' Ed got turned on to a nice clone. Sounds like a great candidate for the Coconut Grove series....

=================================================

GROW INDEX
    *Note: All updates have pictures

12/22/09 Day 01 - Planted in 3 gal pot ..... Page 1
    01/05/10 Day 14 - Update "Sun and Stride" ..... Page 2
    01/09/10 Day 18 - Flipped to 12/12
    01/10/10 Day 19 - Update "Ready to Flower" ..... Page 3
    01/16/09 Day 25 - Update "FEED ME!!" ..... Page 5
    01/17/09 Day 26 - Pistils spotted. Flowering begins, Woo-Hoo!
    01/20/09 Day 30 - Update "Flower Time" ..... Page 5
    01/26/10 Day 35 - Update "We've Got Bush!" ..... Page 6
    02/03/10 Day 44 - Update "Fat n Hairy!" ..... Page 7
    02/17/10 Day 58 - Update "Sticky & Stinky" ..... Page 8
    02/21/10 Day 62 - Update & Harvest "Chopped" ..... Page 10
    03/03/10 Smoke Report ..... Page 12

=================================================

GROW DETAILS
    Lights: CFL (162w 6500k) @ 18/6 for veg .:. HPS 600w 12/12 for flower
    Medium: Coco (fiber coir) & Coco (piece coir) & perlite (equal parts of each)
    Nutes: Fox Farms Trio (Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom) plus whatever

STOCK
    Strain: California Hash
    Breeder: Dinafem Seeds
    Source: Clone (late flowering mother)
    THC: 8-12%
    Height: Medium
    Flower Time: 45-50 days
    Type: Indica
    Genetics: 90% California Hash Plant X 10% Northern Lights

Breeder Notes: California Hash Plant is a pure east Indian strain. It comes from a region well known for producing some of the finest Indica in the world. By combining two sisters of the of the same genetic line, Dinafem were able to develop a fast flowering, high yielding plant that is resistant to mould and offers a very good yield with good quality of cannabis. When used medicinally users can expect a very soothing effect akin to a sedative. Very mellow and never overwhelming. Dinafem Seeds California Hash will calm users like a good hashish.

Grower Notes (that's me!): We will call her Amber Lynn, our California girl who was the pioneer in taking it on the road.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LET'S GET IT ON!​

She seems to be taking to the transplant well, keeping a close eye on her for now.
    [​IMG]

I'm trying a new type of coco - a piece coir type. This should loosen up my already loose coco mix, I hope that results in some crazy growth.
    [​IMG]

She's got a couple of CFL's on right now, after a day or so I'll lower the hood and add in another 100 watts or so.
    [​IMG]

2. What a day! 11k views on your first journal with the 420 post. Two seeds of good stuff sprout and a clone. Damn, could you ask for anything more for Christmas? :p

3. Subscribed!

4. DAY 5 - STILL ALIVE

Lights {18/6}: 4 x 27w @ 6500k ~~ Nutes: 390ppm ~~ ph: 6.0 ~~ Temps: 70-78 ~~ rh: 41%

-------------------------------------------------------------

Not a whole lot to report, she's still getting over the cloning and transplant and all that came with it, but she is doing fantastic. Today I gave her some nutes for the first time, though she doesn't really look hungry. I mixed up a weak punch with 1 gal aged water + 1/4 tsp Grow Big + 1/2 tsp CalMag (to correct coco's calcium hogging early). I hope this doesn't burn her, but really I think the coco will absorb this first feeding and let her draw on it as she needs for the next few days. She'll get water next round and see how she's doing after that.

She's perked up and seems very happy. The 4 CFL bulbs hovering close over are keeping the temps just right.
    [​IMG]

5. Damn I love your mediums Ed. The plants must just love that shit bro. You definitely know what the girls want! Mrs Ed must have been hooked from the moment she saw ya. :D

Much groove abound in here.
    Good luck to your Hashplant mang!

6. She's looking good Ed!

7. Ha! Thanks everyone, and yeah I had MrsEd hooked early LOL

8. Man I am digging your medium. Does it root well? How easily balance is you ph in it? I'm curious as I just learning the whole indoor thing. She looks healthy btw.

9. Thanks man, so far I'm loving the medium. It dries out on the top pretty fast but still holds moisture well. The run off ph is exactly what I put in - 6.0 right on the money. It seems to naturally lean toward 6.0 as I discovered when I was rinsing it before the transplant. 5.8 going in was around 5.9 coming out. 6.5 going in was about 6.2 coming out.

There hasn't been a lot of growth lately, and I usually see that when the roots are spreading out. That means a big spurt of growth is on the way (I hope!).

10. #12 AskEd, Jan 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2010
    DAY 10 - End of Year Pics

Lights {18/6}: 4 x 27w @ 6500k ~~ Nutes: 486ppm ~~ ph: 6.0 ~~ Temps: 70-80 ~~ rh: 41%

-------------------------------------------------------------

A few pics to end the year and small update. Not a whole lot of impressive growth to look at, but she appears healthy and is slowly getting her bearings as she creeps back into veg stage. Her root system is developed however and she's ready to take off.

The brown crap on the bottom leaves is a little dried up Big Bloom I gave her the other day, it really perked her up.
    [​IMG]

You can see her roots coming out of the drain hole, this medium rocks
    [​IMG]

Amber seems very happy, she's about to get big I can tell
    [​IMG]

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :hello:

* Jump to next update *

11. She is living up once again to her namesake who left the movies and then ended up coming back again. Too cool how these girls take on the persona.

12. How's Amber?
    Is she showing the little pistol hairs on the new growth?

13. 2 at a time...i love it!

14. she's coming along real well ed. that thing is gonna take off soon:smoking:

15. Thanks everyone. Yeah she's got pistils on her new growth, but I believe she's gotten back into veg stage though and seems to be picking up a bit. The clone had some real purple stems, but the new growth has been coming in very green and healthy looking. I've topped her so she's kicking in the branches now.

I moved her into my flower space and I'm giving her a taste of 600w HPS, think I'll veg her for another 2 weeks under this (maybe adding some 6500k CFL's for some blue) and then flip her to 12/12. So far she seems to like it.

Not the best pic, but you can see the hairs on the new branch, but it's stretching now, I don't think there will be many more until the flip begins
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Looking super awesome! Think this one's a winner!

17. how many threads do you all got going on at once??

18. at least 3 -- 4 if you count his grow with no more plants :)

Ed -- she's beautiful, nice and bushy! You can definitely see the hairs in that photo :)