I can't believe it's a grow journal!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Lionel Hutz, Dec 13, 2009.

1. #1 Lionel Hutz, Dec 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2010
    See bottom of this page for the new setup

2. I didn't get the reference, but the title pulled me in anyway, so mission accomplished.

Of the first seven plants I ever flowered, five of them were male. I got ripped off by the gods of probability! :mad: So, I figure if you get five females out of your seven then we can call it even. :D

It's FIM, as in "F*ck, I missed!" The asterisk is traditionally included. Ritual and tradition is important when growing weed. :bongin:

Typically, growers top the 5th leaf set. I enthusiastically recommend LBH's 4-Way LST Tutorial, which features that particular topping maneuver as the first step in his LST technique.

Don't tell your friends that you are growing weed.

Good luck with your grow! ;)

3. I looked at that, but I can't see the pics. Says bandwith exceeded

4. #5 Lionel Hutz, Dec 15, 2009

5. #6 Lionel Hutz, Dec 23, 2009

6. UPDATE

OK, Scratch that amateur bullshit.....

I've now upped my game a little. I have 4 plants flowering under 400W MH lights and about 15 veging under CFLS

The biggest thing is I have a grow room officially set up.

big boys.jpg

CFL station 1.jpg

Wide shot.jpg

Whole room.jpg

Attached Files:

7. 2 of the big boys are Trainwreck, 2 are Granddaddy Purple

My dad picked up the clones from a dispenser in Cali.

We got Hindu Skunk:
    Hindu skunk 2.jpg

And then a variety of Trainwreck, Grandaddy Purple, Blue Dream, and ATF

Veg station 2.jpg

Attached Files:

8. No comments?

Any suggestions to improve my Growroom setup?

I still need to get a fan/carbon filter installed, and that room get's warm as hell. I was thinking I should put the big plants a little higher, but I don't want to burn them. Is there a difference in 6 ft and 3-4 ft of distance between the plant and these 400W metal halide lights?

9. well let me just say i am diggin on what's happening here in your grow. it's so much better than watching someone that just has seedlings going:D

get the plants as close to the lights as possible use you hand to gauge heat emitting from the light

10. Alright, so I boosted the plants up a bit. It's been a day and It doesn't look like they are getting burned. Also, i took some more pics of my setup. My camera is a piece of shit though so the pictures aren't of the greatest quality...

Forest.jpg

Trainwreck closeup.jpg

Main Cola.jpg

Attached Files:

11. #12 Lionel Hutz, Feb 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2010
    More pics

buds.jpg
    buds2.jpg

The next to enter flowering will be these 3 Hindu Skunk

Hindu skunk veg.jpg

Then a month or so after that will be various clones:

Veg station.jpg View attachment 352930
    VS closeup 3.jpg

in the mix are Trainwreck and GDP of course, as well as Blue Dream and ATF.

Attached Files:

12. Looks like you are on your way! Is there a reason you are not closing in the MH light area? Seems like you are lighting the whole room instead of focusing that light in on the girls.

13. Well, the room that they are in is pretty small to begin with. And right now it's hot as fuck in that room. We're still waiting on parts for an air flow system... I don't really know the best, most efficient way to do things. But I am a little scared of it getting too hot in there and burning my house down... haha

14. Ah, was just curious. It takes a while to get the setup just right and even then you will go back and tweak it a few times. You are in for an adventure having an entire room to work with. Exciting!!

15. Your right. Me and my dad have changed our growroom design like 3 times already and I forse it changing a few more times before we get it perfect. I also have tiny clones growing in one of those clone trays. It's growing under the sink in a spare bathroom..haha, I'll get some pics of it later. But we're trying to get multiple stations going so that harvest are more frequent.

16. looking good. want to see harvest pics! :smoking:

17. Coming soon! I can't wait to try the trainwreck. GDP is badass, but I got a little sample of TW a few months ago and it was amazing.

18. update:

Moved the 3 hindu skunk clones to 12/12 station. Figure they are big enough to start flowering. Also I spent some time with my crappy camera trying to get some decent pics of the flowering buds. Most previous pics were distorted

Darrel's new pics 180.jpg
    Darrel's new pics 166.jpg

Clones are getting bigger too

Darrel's new pics 172.jpg
    Darrel's new pics 174.jpg

Attached Files:

19. things are looking good man. are you going to be looking at hps in the future for flowering instead of mh... i'm going to be watchin i just finished up some trainwreck still smokin on it. great strain.
    :hello: