Fall 2009 Organic Grow / A Few Pics

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Chunk, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Hey GC,

Had a few members asking to see what I'm up to recently, so I thought I'd share some details and a few pics. Most of you that know me here know that I have experimented with a good deal of the various methods here.

I did the bubble bucket thing, starting with a single bucket, and graduated with a 6 site RDWC system.

I followed _numb's_ Hempy Bucket protocol and learned Hempy's through and through......

About a year ago, a member here showed up with this encyclopedic knowledge of Organic Farming, and all that it encompasses, and since then I've been hooked.

This grow, I re-used my soil from my previous organic grow. In the organic world, re-using your soil is the norm, and the soil can get better the second and third time around. This thread, by newgrowNY, details soil re-use. NewgrowNY caught the organic bug like I did, from the same guy too.

When I re-use my soil, I use the biggest tote Rubbermaid has to offer, the Roughneck Jumbo (50 gallons). I empty 7-8 5 gallon pots/rootballs into the tote and chop them up with a garden hoe. Into this mix I add two 3 gallon buckets of fresh EWC, 5 cups dolomite lime, 5 cups glacial rock dust, 2.5 cups DE(diatomaceous earth) and 8 cups Dr.Earth for Tomatoes and Vegetables.

All of these dry ingredients are thoroughly mixed into the old soil mix. There are dead roots throughout the mix at this stage. To this mix I add a home brewed AACT that contains fresh worm castings, molasses, and pond enzymes. I hydrate the soil until it clumps when I grab a handful. The lid goes on, and the soil sits for 4-6 weeks until needed.

When it's needed, the soil is rich, and earthy and loaded with food and microbes. The roots are almost all digested.

When I transplant my clones or seedlings, I add a Tsp of mychorrizal fungus spores, and water in with a worm tea. That's it....there is food and nutrition for several weeks. Just water, and an occasional dose of AACT.

I grew five of these girls from seed, and 3 are from MTF clones from another medical grower. The seeds are from an earlier cross I made crossing a Purple Hash Plant male with my Train Wreck and my Perma Frost females.

Here's a pic from day 17 after a feeding with a fungal flowering tea:
    MTF...WTF And moments later when I couldn't believe my eyes: Holy Plant! and here's the gals 9 days later: Fall Organic09 PF x HP PF-TW x HP PFxHP

I'll post up some more pics in a week or so.....y'all take care.

chunk

EDIT...... a shout out to LW from another forum for the photoshop........

Attached Files:

2. #2 Jaysew313, Nov 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2009
    Thats some good lookin shit dude, I tried to do one organic plant and i ended up with fungus gnats flyin everywhere, im real interested in that perma frost, and hashwreck, keep growin good dope. I see why they look so good, you got JC watchin over em, its almost unfair, im gonna set up a buddha guy in mine and see if mine comes out better. tried to rep you but i gotta spread some around. peace chunk

3. Very nice chunk I read your post on the fungal tea earlier this week. Then i went and made me a fungal tea and my had a tea party with some ladies. I really like the organic way of gardening. I will have to try your reuse soil method sound interesting.

4. Chunk, you got some nice ladies there...I have really enjoyed the organic side of growing lately, gonna try and do a organic hempy grow after this batch makes it way thru. But in due time.

_Numb_

5. Thanks for the kind words Jaysew.......after talking to you yesterday and seeing your grow, I figured it was time to step up, get off my ass and share what I'm up to....good lookin out bro! Have a good weekend.

6. Thanks for the kind words burntwood......glad the teas are helping you out......I'm amazed at what can be done without buying bottles of fertilizer at the "hydro" store.

Take care bro....

chunk

7. Thanks _numb_..........I've been reading up on a hybrid organic/bubble bucket on another forum.......I'll have to send you a link. They've been using an airstone and hydroton in the bottom of the bucket, with organic soil and a super-charged, highly oxygenated microbe environment for the plants to thrive in.

It's looking like a form of organic hydro without all the problems associated with organic nutes in hydro reservoirs.

Take care bro.....

chunk

8. how old are they?

9. Super nice set up, and your ladies look very lush!
    Rep.:)

10. About 10-11 weeks from seed/clone.............switched lights to 12/12 on Oct. 19th.......tomorrow will be day 29 of 12/12.

Thanks DaDego............they are very happy right now.

11. some lovely looking girls there chunk, your truely an advocate for organics, i do have a love of organics myself although i cannot say my grows are 100% organic lol, anyway great job on those girls

12. Hi mills.....thanks for the kind words and checkin' out my girlies. I do like the organic thing, but I'm really an advocate of the whole grow thing.

I have grown using several different methods, mainly for personal knowledge and to improve my skills. I think all new growers should be open to explore the different methods, and find the way that is easiest and most productive for their skills/experience.

There's no way I could ever get the yields growing organically that could be had growing hydro, but I'm able to get enough to keep my wife medicated, which is why I do this. She has MS and Trigeminal Neuralgia, and MMJ is a lot more effective than any of her Rx meds.

I'm comfortable knowing that there are no chemicals in her meds when growing organic. And...it's nice to be able to grow without having to visit the "hydro/grow store"....most everything I need is available at the Farm and Garden store or a local nursery.

anyway, take care bro.......

chunk

13. i can really appreciate where your comming from, im currently trying different things with growing MJ just to gain personal first hand knowledge with all aspects of it

i have a friend with MS i cant pretend to know alot about it but MJ really does help her & i can see the impact(positive) its had on her life, i wish u & ur wife a painfree day chunk(thats not ment to sound patronising lol)

14. Attached Files:

15. #15 Jaysew313, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2009
    Lookin real good bro, how long should you veg for before taking clones? Keep growin good dope. Peace 1

16. If I'm growing from seed, I will wait until they can be sexed........usually 5-6 weeks, and if I'm using clones, I'll take them at 3-5 weeks, as long as there are enough nodes so as not to significantly strip the plant.

Thanks for the props bro...........chunk

17. grow looks amazing. looks very promising

18. Thanks R.E.............Look in Organics for the final bud shots.

19. Very nice Chunk

_Numb_