LED GROW TEST. 126W hydro grow led VS. 180W pro source LED LIGHT

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by irishboy, Oct 25, 2009.

1. #1 irishboy, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2009
    well folks the time has come to test out these two differnt led lights. i have one 180w pro source world wide (jumbo ufo) testing agianst a 126w Hydro Grow led light. both lights use some differnt color leds. their has been alot of debait over witch light is better! well its time to find out.

every thing is equal on both grow areas, same feeding out of one bucket, both have equal mylar. same room, fame fan, same size pots same soil. every thing the same but the light.

i have 2 hindu skunks, and 4 blue dreams. split equal between both lights. the hindu skunks are at both point of the triangles. both will be veged for the same amount of time 24/0.

today is the clones first day and their all a little streesed out from the drive home. the hindu skunks look both more stressed then the others. but give them a day or two and they hopfuly should bounch back. (i just transplanted them.) since i am a medical patient and all clones where from my medical center, to help me for my medical conditions.

so let the test begain!!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. No wall im between to light tight each LED light?

3. no wall is needed yet ive checked and no light is crossing each others grow area yet. once i have to raise the light higher then i will put a wall up.

4. WOOT WOOT! This rocks dude. But I already told ya that. lol.

Subscribed!

Peace hOmie
    pf

5. Interesting. I wish this was sidebyside 150w HPS vs 180w LED. That'd grab my attention more.

This does pretty well though, a full on high-powered LED grow of quality strain and care. Still a good ground to compare HID and LED. :p

6. Cool I'll be watching this one

7. #7 irishboy, Oct 25, 2009
    every body please lets keep this thread peacfull i dont want to deal with the led war BS. i hate that BS. ive seen more led thread become flame war then i can count. ive always have had a clean thread and thats how i like it.

just rember i am doing this grow for you guys not me or i wouldnt even post it! i just want people that are wanting to grow with leds to beable to buy good led lights and not waist their money, when they could get the better light.

lets just grow some dank!

8. Appreciate it there Irishboy! This will definitely help out

9. I'd like to check that out, can you turn off 1 of each and take a pic, with out a wall to divide from day 1 your cross conataminating each with the other.
    Would you flower & veg in the same box with out a divider to make it light tight?
    Sorry guy, I just want accurate sampling of each light from day 1.

10. i took a pic of each light already it on my other thread check it out. it should be on the last page
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/436515-90w-led-ufo-tri-ban-grow-22.html#post5890091

11. Oh noes! Any business man knows once you have someones money you dont give it back!

I hope you get your money back after this. Ive read hydros rants in a bunch of peoples threads and hes definately an intelligent person but I dont think his customer service would be very good at all. Hopefully his product is.

I dont know what the pattern of the leds is on the lights but I can say that when growing in a rectangular room it does make more sense(to me at least) to have a light that is putting out a rectangular footprint.

Im gonna have the giggle shits when both groups end up weighing out the same lol.

Gl to each company and irish ill be tagging along for the show!

12. $hit i dont care if both companys weigh the same as long as the weight is big.lol. at the end i am the one who suffers off of the yeild. wish me luck i hope for some good weight.

13. I have seen those pics, and you do have light bleeding into the otherside from each light,
    not a lot of light but its there, don't discount it because its not from above it, the light on the left is throwing light as far as the wall on the right and vice/versa.
    Until eachside is light tight both sides art benefiting from eachothers light, so if your trying to determine which light is better, the test is not accuate, come on do a better test than the F.D.A. :)

To me this test is like buying a shotgun and never buying the shells or a V-6 Mustang or Camaro, why do it then.
    I'm done, I won't comment on this issue any more, all this thread will prove is that you can grow with LED, and we all ready know that it can be done.

You should change the title to growing with different MFG. LED lights side by side, until you light tight it up.
    I'm done and look forward to seeing how well they do together.

14. irishboy,

Good luck and thanks for running this comparison. The more information we have on LEDs the better.

15. #15 Viper, Oct 25, 2009
    Subscribed! Where's my popcorn. This one will be fun to watch. Go get e'm Irish. V
    p.s. Seymor is right Irish, both plants are receiving benifit from the other plants lights. Early plant development might show differently if there were just that itty bitty wall. Last I'll speak of this too. Now go grow that Dankity Dank Mango!

16. #16 irishboy, Oct 25, 2009

here you go. their is a wood wall lite proof from each grow area. i actuly put a wall up because i had to raise my 180w lite up for a little bit, the clones dont like it close at all, so i moved it up to 15" over the nite and moved it down to the recomended 10" with half led power turned on.

the hindu skunk that i thought were going to die came back last nite. both of them are standing up, but the one on the 180w side was looking like it was dead then she just stood up and it taking off now since i raised the lite last nite.

on the 126w side i have the lite @ 6" and their seems to be no stress from that. they are all standing like they should be. that just shows the diff between the lites one you can have close and one you cant when their just baby clones.

Attached Files:

17. i will post some pics today since i count it the first day since it will be 24hrs. then ill post pics once a week from their on, i like the once a week because its always a big change and you guys can see the differnce better. (like i did last time)

18. #18 irishboy, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2009
    here are some updated pics of both lites. check out how much better the Hindu skunk is doing now with the 180w. i thought she was going to die, then i woke up this moring and she was standing up alot better. i have the 126w at 6" and the 180w at 10" and half of the leds turned on, like PS told me to do.

Attached Files:

19. I went with the 126 watt had it about 2 weeks now and love it. but I'm still interested in this I wanna see how the other one keeps up with the 126... should be interesting. :hello:

20. I'm already lookin forward to next week!