Mr G's First Grow, CFL Rubbermaid.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MrGreen352, Aug 22, 2009.

1. #1 MrGreen352, Aug 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2009
    Alright so i've got some bag seeds germinating atm.

Heres my supplies atm:

I've got a 49 gallon rubbarmaid storage tub. (Plan on getting a second later on)
    Taped up the interior of the box with metal repair tape. (Read it off of Nomel's journal)
    4x 23w CFL 6500k
    3x Y Light Bulb Sockets
    Digital Temp Gauge

3x 120mm PC fan (2 for side exhaust, 1 for intake)
    1x 200mm PC fan (Possibly for some more heat dissiapation through the ceiling of the box)
    ^^^
    The fans are from my Antec 900; Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred + EA650 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 650W Power Supply - Computer Cases (Top of the case is the 200mm fan.)

For my medium i'm using MG Organic Choice.
    Nutes i've picked up some MG Bonemeal, and Blood.

I'm germinating with the water technique, then planting into a plastic cup, from there i'll transplant it into a 3 gallon, from there i'll transplant into its final home a 5 gallon.
    *I plan on topping and LST'ing with this grow.*:hello:

*Shopping List*
    -Some more CFLS
    -Another 45 gallon bin

I'd love any advice or opinions :smoking:

2. Good luck man! Newegg is a great siite! I got a rubbermaid grow (my first) in progress rite now. Stop by and check it out if ya get a minute, it's on my sig. it sounds fairly similar to your setup!

Best of Luck on the grow!

-Kyung Yi

3. Good luck. Got any pics of your grow box? I'm in the planning stage of one right now.

4. I'll have some up when I get home. Its nothing much atm, just got all the tape up and around it.

5. Hey on your exhaust you made, does that eliminate light with the pvc pipe? I want to do something similar like that.

6. On the original version of the box I spray painted the plumbing pieces of the exhaust black to help block incoming light. It did a fairly good job but I coulda made it better. I don't use that exhaust anymore, but when I start a new cab, I'll spray paint the insides of the exhausts again but add 1 more bend to the plumbing to reduce the light even more, the more bends, he less light.

Hope this helped man!

-Kyung Yi

7. I went out and bout myself a temp/humidity meter the other day and I like it!:hello: Was wondering though, what percent humidity does the girls like? My rig has been around 79 degrees.

8. Heres the bins i'm using for my rig.

[​IMG]

Dimensions (W x H x L): 23.25 IN x 19.50 IN x 39.25 IN

9. I'm on day three waiting for my girls to sprout. I'm so anxious its ridiculous:bolt:!

10. GL with the grow man. :) You'll be so chuffed when you get it. :D

I'd like to say patience comes with time, but that would be a lie. I still get way over excited about my beans sprouting. :p I nearly had an orgasm the other day just cos my clone got roots!:hello:;)

I'll be watching, holler if you need help and I'll find you someone who'll give you a sensible answer. :smoke:

11. Still no sprouts yet. Yesterday I went ahead and did the paper germination trick just to have another plant to test. Woke up this morning and I had a nice strong solid tap root coming out of the seed. Planted it and placed it with my other seeds. We'll see what happens in a week... Also planted two others outside that had tap roots from the paper towel method; just for shits and giggles. :smoke:

12. Got home today and it looks like that same seed I germinated today has sprouted and is about a half an inch tall! :hello:

I've got to admit big moment right now. :cool:

13. 10 days old. Can't find my friggin camera! Using this to keep track of how old they look. They are looking wonderful.:hello:

14. Show us some pics man! :D:smoking:

15. Iknow I really want to there looking so good! Just gotta find the damn camera.

16. #17 MrGreen352, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2009
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Nice looking Bush, Move those lights in closer though.. How far are they from you baby?