chick's grow journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by 87rx7chick, Jun 30, 2009.

1. alright well i been threw hell and high water but i think i finaly got things figured out.

i have a bag seed going on with "thunderhead" soil made in austin texas. its half mixed with peatmoss/perlite soil .

i am using hesi starter kit for soil. its a 5 part nutrient system.

lights were cfl but now i am using sunwave t5 fixture. 4 t5 tubes. half 6500k, half 3000k

got a few pictures going on here. pictures showing under watering. i thought it was over watering but was very wrong. i waterd and in 3 hours i found them perked up completely.
    i have a close up of a leaf. showing healing from calcium burn (brown pits/spots)
    i also have pictures of my 3 main stem plant, it was a mutian and it is turning out great!!

i used LST on all my plants and trimmed lower fan leaves. the trio plant is looking amazing!!! notice the progress of lst.

Attached Files:

2. Nice setup you have there... keep it up!
    Sweet ride too, if it's an 87 that's an FC, right? An RX-7 w/ boosted LS1/2 motor is on my wish list!!

3. :) yep ur right. i did a tii swap 2 years ago and i been building up and i am finaly "stage 2" with programable ecu. i'm where i want to be!

4. 649 members and 1360 guests online right now

and yet no one ever comments on anything i post

5. I'm checkin' in! Nice to hear about the swap, I've got a swapped Subaru myself.

I think you should take some shots of your plants now that they're perked up...

6. well those pictures were taken yesterday. i think about 3 more days and i'll have some great progress and alot of lst branching goingn on:hello:

7. Don't feel like the Lone Ranger! I know the feeling.

Hello there Chick,:wave:

The last 2 pics are nice looking. They were kinda droopy there for a while, huh?

I'm running with a 4 lamp T5 setup too. Same tubes also.

Good luck. I'm on my first grow, so I'm no help w/LST. Plenty to read here though.

TT

Here's what I've been up to:

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/417775-first-grow-t5s.html

8. i agree lets see them now...
    dont get discouraged... takes a minute for us stoners to notice....LOL

9. ya the first couple pics looked under watered, but otherwise they are looking good.

and while on the topic of cars. i gotta 96 civic with a JDM GSR swap...

10. #10 87rx7chick, Jul 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2009
    i got about 3 pictures of the same plant. its extreamly leafy, more so then the others. its the only plant that didnt get much damage from underwatering.

the rest of the plants that had the most damage, are the ones with the best LST going on, fastest growth.

i have cut all the fan leaves off except for the very top most newest fan leaves. is this a typical thing to do with LST? should i limit the cutting of the fan leaves? i find it makes it easier for me to LST and it reduces the amount of stretching on the side branches. i cant tell yet if it stunts the plant though.
    edit:

dudes look at the stem on the 3rd picture :) also, in the 5th picture, or 1st in the 2nd row. the branching out is kind of mutated. its alternating instead of 2 coming out at the same point.. odd?

Attached Files:

11. the offset nodes is generally a sign of the plant being mature, can you see signs of sex?

That is one fat stem, plenty of braching on all your babies... Thats kickass..
    More braches= more buds......

Looking good chick;)

12. ya, alternating nodes mean the plant has reached maturity. And this would be the earliest time to flower. Not that you should, but you could...

13. wow thats pretty cool!
    i was thinking of flowering next weeek or week after. i do have some straglers and i'd like to wait for them to catch up.
    the one with offset leaves is the one that had calcium defic. and mag def. it was the most unhealthy plant at one point and after i fixed the problem the leaves healed themselves and it wound up being the biggest plant i have. wierd hu?

14. about 3 of them are showing that mature trait. pretty frecken cool

15. Nice stuff man! If you want your stragglers to catch up, you can fim the larger ones. If you don't know how, here's a good thread: \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\tHow-To : Fimming and Topping made Easy

BUDSLiNGER is right, sometimes it takes a while for us stoners to notice!

Keep up the good work!

16. Those are some nice looking plants you got there, its nice to see that one perked up. Can't wait to see those babies full of big full buds. I think you should defintaly give topping or fimming a try, it will help increase your yield and let your smaller ones catch up to the bigger ones. Good luck on the grow, can't wait for updates. :smoking:

17. Nice start, Looks like the LST is working great. Nice save on the watering!
    I'll be watching this grow too

18. Subaru Chick.....:wave:Sweet, an other girlly grower, hope u don't have a stick??? unless its a stick shift.... Ur plants r lookin good for all the light they get ...:rolleyes: If they could talk they would say that they want an other lamp(pertty please);)Sorry about that...:smoking:been smokin.....
    All i can do is to say that u need more light.....I know u can do it...:hello::cool:

19. O & it takes us Journal Kids alittle time 2 surf around:D Welcome 2 the City

20. lol i been topping and feming. only i been accidently femming instead of topping and slowing down the growth of a few. but now i figured out the difference and i understand it. i dont like femming. it takes to long to recover. topping works alot better!!

lol i dont think you looked at the pcitures closely or further down :) i been topping and LST the first chances i got after i got them back healthy. and it was about 4 plants that almost died... not just one :(

8000 lumas is just plenty for this stage of growth. when i toss into flowering next week i may add some more CFL to the undersides and lower areas so the leaves get the light from above and around. but theres no way i need more light. the t5 work great and i have no issue with small bushy plants. i dont want tall streached out plants from some HPS or MH bulbs. i dont need that at all obiously!!!! my electric bill was 330 this month and i dont need some 1000w bulb that does the same as 94 wats is doing right now. besides heat is a huge issue with me and i have a room ac unit running when it gets to warm. thought the t5 bulbs almost eliminated my heat issue :)

look at myles' grow. he doesnt need it either does he :)