Noob's 2 plant CFL grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by PeeDee420, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Hi all! :wave: So this is my first stab at trying this whole growing thing out and so far IM HOOKED! My plants are only 10 days old and I am already attached to them lol. I am growing in 1 gallon plastic buckets filled with Miracle Grow Organic Choice Potting Soil. I know many of you will say that I should not use that, I know, it was a rookie mistake. I have some FoxFarms Ocean Forrest soil to transplant my plants into when they outgrow the 1 gallon buckets. I am using 2 27W 6500k CFL bulbs right now, but once my plants get a little bigger I have 4 more that I will be adding for the veg process. Me and my wife have named them Adam and Eve lol. The names just sounded right for our first grow but we are hoping that Adam is gay. Our closet is kept at 73-75 degrees and a humidity of 46%. So far I have watered Adam Once since he was planted and Eve twice. Eve has small brown spots on her leaves that just appeared today and I am thinking it's from nute burn from the MG soil. Also the tips of her leaves are slightly yellowish and curled up a little. Everyone feel free to comment on anything in my journal. The more help I get the better. And please tell me how my plants look for the age that they are. Thanks!:hello:

Attached Files:

2. And here is Eve.

Attached Files:

3. #3 Creeps, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2009
    I would have to agree with you on the nute burn, I made the same mistake my first go around. Now I use FFOF and well I'll just show you...these plants are 12 days old in the FFOF...the ones in front are not seedlings, they are clones so dont mind those. A definite worthwhile investment. Best of luck:p

Attached Files:

4. Thanks for the input. I am going to let that soil really dry out. I guess even though I have only watered them once in 10 days that perhaps I watered them too much when I did. I just figured that since it had been a week with no water I should water them until water leaked out the bottom drain wholes. I really am nervous about transplanting them lol.:confused:

5. Here they are 12 days into veging.

Attached Files:

6. lookin good! Keep it up man, its a lot of fun growing, as i'm sure you've already found out :D

7. Sweet plant man!! look forward to see how it goes!!:hello:

8. Thanks for the comments guys! And ya growing is a whole new world of fun! I love it. Here are some pictures of day 15 of veg. Adam fell over last night so I picked him back up and packed some dirt in around his stem now he is fine. His first pointy leaves he got are now starting to get brown spots just like Eve's did. Eve on the other hand has gotten a lot worse but only on her first 2 pointy leaves. All her new growth looks great to me. I think I will wait a few days and clip her bottom 2 leaves off because they are getting bad. Should I wait or just clip them off now? Also should I clip them right at the main stem or out aways? I have added a piece of cardboard covered in mylar over the lights to reflect the light back down. I also added 2 more 27w 6500k CFL today.:smoke:

Attached Files:

9. Here are some pics from 18th day veging. Adam seems to be very unstable. Just the slightest nudge will tip him over for some reason. I added some more soil the my pots and tapped it down around him to keep him more stable.

Attached Files:

10. Here are pics from day 23 of veg. I did some LST just before taking the pictures. Last night I re-potted both plants into a mixture of 75% Fox Farms Ocean Forrest and 25% Vermiculite. I put them in 3 gallon buckets which I plan to finish them in. I am a little nervous about my LST. The plants just looked so much healthier when they were standing up right. I hope this LST thing works and that I did it right.

Attached Files:

11. when you say 23days into veg do you mean from when you planted seed or when they broke out of the soil??

look very nice tho mine are only out of soil 6days now!

12. sorry never actually looked at you last pics! fuckin hell man what did ye do?? :confused:

13. LOL I tied them down in the last pic. I tied the stems down creating a 90degree angle so that the stem will grow sideways. This way I will have multiple colas and my CFLs will not have to penetrate deeply into the plant as I will keep them probably below 1' tall. The plants are 23 days from actually breaking the surface of the soil.

14. ahhh i see very good, so youll have small plants in height and then all the buds will start to grow up towards light? think ive heard of that before!

I was just wondering about the grow date as im only on my first grow and they broke the soil 6days ago so wanted to know if mine are doin alright!!

Thanks

PS: have a look at my grow journal and see what ye think!

15. 24th day veging! All I can say is, "I LOVE LST!" lol I can't believe the change in my plants since I did LST just yesterday. I tied my little ones down yesterday and they looked really sad after that. But look at the pictures from tonight. They are both growing a lot faster now and the side growth looks great. I can't wait till they grow big enough to tie them down again lol.

Attached Files:

16. 26th day veging. I gave them both a 1/4 dose of Grow Big and Big Bloom last night. They looked amazing when I got home from work today and they had grown enough that I felt it was time to tie them down again. The pictures were taken just after getting them tied down so they look awful but just wait till you see tomorrows pictures! I am posting pictures right after strapping them down so that everyone can see the dramatic difference a day makes after doing some LST. I really hope these 2 are females lol. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. Day 30 of veg. Eve is just exploding. The more I LST her the faster she grows. Adam is growing good except he is just so dam short and stocky lol. I really think I am having beginners luck here.

Attached Files:

18. Whats up man! You're doing well so far, I like it. The LST looks to be going well, as well as the growth. I am doing the same thing as you. LST with some CFL's. Have you looked into FIM/Top methods? You should if you haven't already. There is a sticky in the beginners section.

I feel like I have the beginners luck too lol. My plant is such a bushy lil monster! :D

19. Well the plants are 40 days old now. I turned the lights off at 8PM last night and that was the start of flowering so today is day 1 of flowering. I really think Eve is a male but I am still hoping I'm wrong or that she is just a hermy. And let me just say LST makes plants freakin HUGE! I look down at these two and cant believe there are only 2 plants there.

Attached Files:

20. looks real good
    im interested to see how these flower