A very classy grow! Auto-flowering White Dwarf, bagseed, CFL, LST

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by FuckingClassy, Jan 23, 2009.

1. #1 FuckingClassy, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
    A-hoy hoy! Welcome to the second edition to my grow - or you can call it my continued/second grow! :hello:

The line up includes:

1 feminized auto-flowering White Dwarf from Buddha Seeds
    1 Bagseed from some fire (indica dominant strain)

i have 5 G-13 Power Skunk seeds and one feminized The Church, but i'm waitin to start those :D

Now for the specs!

Medium - Fox Farm Ocean Forest - no added perlite or anything.

Lighting - CFL's baby! one 60w, two 42w. All soft white spectrum. Total of 144w, and approx. 9,000 lumens
    ---NOTE: I have two 27w daylights and another 42w soft white, but i'm waiting to add those in

Temp - fluxuates between 75º and 84º (working on fxing this)

Humidity - stays around 37-40%

Nutes - Earth Juice Grow for vegging, Fox Farm Grow Big for flowering. Looking into molasses for flowering too.

Background: In the beginning, i started 4 plants. One in which i gave to a friend to grow (its flowering atm), the second died early on from being in the MG soil & never recovering. The third i kept to grow, and failed the first week into flowering :( The FOURTH is the one i got going right now :D This bagseed plant i started back on November 16-ish. It stayed in a dixie cup up until almost 3 weeks ago because i was too focused on my main plant to do anything with the other one. As a result, it stayed very small & weak but still thrived. Once my previous plant died (see first grow) i decided to re-pot this one and grow it out. Ever since, its been growin rapidly, gaining strength and lookin beautiful!

what else, what else....

I am using LST on the bagseed - i am not using this on the WD. I'm putting the WD on an 20/4 light schedule from sprout.

I think that about covers it! Any questions, feel free to throw em my way. Other than that, enjoy the grow - i know i will :D

1st pic - White Dwarf waiting to sprout
    2nd pic & on - bagseed as of 1/22

Attached Files:

2. bump before i'm gone & without the internet for the weekend :D

3. Looks nice and healthy, keep it up. Autoflowering strains are fun to watch :)

-C

4. indeed they are! I can't wait to watch my own finally grow :D

SOOOOOOOOOO i was just on the phone with my girl, and the WD has sprouted!! Thank Jeebus, i was afraid that me not germinating it first would backfire on me lol.

My other baby is lookin bushy green & healthy! Just a mess of leaves & nodes! Crazy shit lol. I'm definately pleased with my LST this time around :D

i'll have pics up tomorrow morning

5. #5 FuckingClassy, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
    UPATE UPDATE UPDATE

Happy humpday everyone....i never understood why its "hump" day. Yeah its the middle of the week, and in a metaphorical sense its the hump in the middle of the week you gotta get over before reaching the end of the week....but still. I can't think of anything better, so fuck it :smoke:

Anyways, i don't know WHAT day to consider my big girl at seeing as how she technically started really growing about a month ago. Either way, i'm thinkin about puttin her in 12/12 pretty soon here. Check out the pics & tell me what you guys think. She's lookin real good - so many damn leaves and stems and nodes and whatnot. I gotta make sure shit doesn't get all tangled up n shit! Gotta look pretty. A couple leaves are having some discoloration at the tips. I don't think its nute burn, but i'm not an expert lol :p

The White Dwarf is growin pretty fast. On day 3. I need to put my other light on it. Gonna do that today. I'm thinkin about puttin it on 18/6, but should i wait till its a little bigger? No nutes yet obviously. Watered the soil before planting and watered again yesterday.
    I wanted to think of a name for this bad boy....or girl, actually lol. My girl wants to name it "topanga". I hate that name! She actually wanted our daughter to be named that. But its only a plant, so i GUESS i'll name it Topanga lol.

Anything else i left out, let me know & i'll answer it :D

On to the pics!

SOOOO the first one of the attached pics is of the WD as of about 5 pm on Monday. Second is the WD 5 hours later, third is 8 hours after that.
    The second to last attached picture is of the leaves i was talkin about. What does it look like?
    And the last picture is our "bud" pizza. Lol. Just for shits n giggles

Attached Files:

6. bump for the afternoon folk :D

7. im posting this in here in hopes that someone will answer. no one's replied in the General Indoor Growing section

Whats the best lighting schedule fo Autoflowres? I was thinkin of doin 18/6, but someone said 20/4 is really good for em too.

any suggestions? And should i start that timing once its transplanted and its alternating nodes 3 or 4 times?

8. i run 20/4 to me notrthen lights.. autoseed

9. Im watchin man :p Nice pizza, nice plants too! Mine are starting too look nice :D

10. UPDIZZLE

its been a couple days. Not too much has changed since then. My bushel is getting bigger & more beautiful every day! The WD is growin slowly but surely lol. Gonna repot it this weekend, then hopefully it will EXPLODE into growth!

Day ? on the bush

Day 7 on the WD

my bush got a slight nute burn, but its very minor and only on a couple leaves that i saw. Nothing serious at all. I also pulled back a few branches on it to let in more light to the center, which seems to be helping.

blah, blah blah, nothing exciting lol.

I think i'm gonna put the bush into flowering this weekend. I'm gonna watch it for the next few days. I haven't checked for preflowers in a week or so, so it could be time! :D

piktchurz!

1st - from above w/ flash
    2nd - from above w/ no flash
    3rd - side shot w/ flash
    4th - side shot w/ no flash
    5th - burn on one of the leaves
    6th & 7th - the WD :hello:

have a good one everybody! Smoke one!

Attached Files:

11. Much love man! She looks lusho! :D:hello::smoke:

Updizzle...lol

12. Looking very good indeed, They grow so fast.

-C

13. Goddamn your bush looks nice (thank god that NOT what she said :p... bad joke ><) I cant wait til you flower.. lets pray no balls

14. I like what im seeing man, keep it goin! :hello: She's very green and lush:smoke:

15. That is a pretty sick setup I just ordered my White Dwarf Seeds from The Attitude, this will be my first grow. Is this a fairly easy grow for a first timer, and what kind of lighting should I use if I just want one bulb? And did you germinate using the wet paper towel method?

16. thanks freedom :D i love how big and green she is lol. pretty good for never testing the pH :rolleyes: I'm thinkin i should definately buy a pH meter soon just to be safe from now on though. Once i get my tax return check i'm gettin one!

yeah man i can't believe how quickly it grew once i repotted it! Makes me wonder how big it would be if i repotted it from the beginning :eek:

lol can't say i've ever said that to a female before! Prayin no balls, man! I got 2 women in my place so maybe their female hormones will pollute the air my plant breahtes lol :p

thanks bro! I'm lovin her color

thanks man, cheapest set up ever, but it works like a charm :cool:

I'm not sure how easy it is so far, but from what i read it seems like a good beginning grow. As long as you watch it, it should be fairly simple to grow :) If you wanna just use one bulb, you can get one of those large watt cfl's. You can find em online on hydroponic websites n shit. They're usually 100w and above, kinda pricey, but it would be worth it. OR you could just get a 400w hps bulb & ballast. Thats close to 100 bucks for both, depending on where you go. I know at Home Depot the bulb is like 25 bucks or so and the ballast is 60 i think.
    as long as you have at least 100w or 2000 lumens on a single plant, it should be good :) as for germinating, i used to have the seeds germinate in a paper towel, but a lot of people on here (mainly cantharis) is highly against germming because it can damage the taproot when pulling it off the paper towel. So i simply dropped the seed in the soil, and it grew :)

17. So instead of germinating the seeds you just popped them in the soil? I've never seen that method before so I'm hesitant to try it I mean is there anything that I should make sure I do if I'm just going to pop them under some nice soil or is it really as easy as it sounds..

18. So i noticed yesterday that some of my nodes/upper growth is more of a faded green/yellowish color. Not terribly yellow, but enough for me to notice a difference in color. I have pictures taken, but i forgot to bring my camera today, so i'll have em up tomorrow. Possible Nitrogen deficiency? Idk lol. Also a slight sign of nute burn on some leaves, but it really isn't that bad at all. Watered the bush last night w/ water only no nutes, so hopefully that will help flush out some of the excess nutes. Sucks cuz i don't have a pH tester. Once i get my check in the mail i'll buy one. For now i guess i'll continue to play the guessing game lol. It seems fine to me though :) still healthy as can be!

Repotted the White Dwarf last night & put it in its new area. Also bought a 100w 6500k CFL last night @ Home Depot....only to find out it needs a specific fixture!! :mad: gotta go back today & get the right one lol.

i'll have pics up of it tomorrow

19. #20 FuckingClassy, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2009
    Here's the pictures. max of 10 uploads so i put the last picture i was gonna attach as the first big one lol

First picture is (the big one) is 2 bud sites that seem to be battling for that spot! Lol
    2nd picture is the WD after being repotted. Day 11
    3rd through 6th pictures are a few shots of the bush
    7th through 11th are where you can kind of see the lighter color to the nodes & leaves.

The color of those nodes & leaves doesn't look real bad, but i wanted to make sure it was alright. I'm sure the only real way to tell is if i had a pH tester :( i really need one of those lol.

My bush has preflowers, so i'm thinkin about flowering her tonight :D i heard that plants CAN show sex before going into 12/12, is this really true? My plants gettin pretty big so i'm gonna start it this weekend regardless lol

have a good friday everyone!

[​IMG]

Attached Files: