cfl newb grow!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by selfmedication, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Hello City!
    I think I've done my research and ready to give this another try
    I starting my 2nd attempt at growing and this time indoors!
    Outdoors has to many conditions to worry about in my experience and i like having full control of my lady's!
    So....
    August 15th I planted a few bagseed and over the past month have narrowed it down to just one
    Also planted 2 more bagseed but better strain, just a couple days shy of two weeks now
    Now i plan to veg the biggest one just as long as the little ones to get more yield out of it, also plan to try lst with it
    Now im using (3) 23wt 6500l cfl's, and (1) 42wt 2700l cfl and usually keep them about 2-3 in. from tops/sides
    Although im not a fan of outdoors ill be putting the weakest one of the two seedlings outdoors and check on it occasionally, just to get more light exposure on my two best lady's:)
    Im currently using miracle grow organic temporarily, but have ordered ffof for when i decide to transplant due to the time release ferts mg has
    I have one 9in fan i bought from walmart blowing out at the top of my grow box, and one intake fan duct in on the bottom
    Now my girl's have been through some rough times due to transplanting and overheating issues earlier in the grow, but seem to be holding on strong so far
    I have not given any type of fertilizer so far because im scared of burning them with the slow release ferts mg has
    But this is my grow and im definitely open for any suggestions you guys might have ill be giving updates throughout my grow until harvest!:smoke:
    Wish me luck! heres pics of my baby's so far, tell me watcha think!

Attached Files:

2. #3 selfmedication, Sep 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2008
    Although that seems like a good deal, I think I might just get the mg 24-8-16npk for vegging and schultz 15-30-15 for flowering
    thanks for the tip though ill keep in mind!

3. #4 selfmedication, Sep 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2008
    I decided to go ahead and try lst with my oldest one
    heres some pics i just took 24hrs after..
    its already turned toward the light for the most part!
    keep in mind that my plants are under the light and arent really this pale and discolored
    But i am seeing a sorta light green tint on the top but it could be nothing:cool:

Attached Files:

4. Ok so alot has been going on lately, but i wanted to keep you guys updated.
    There has been a dramatic change in the grow..
    I've invested on a new grow cabinet, and Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil as well. The new growth since has been amazing besides a few minor problems here and there
    But My oldest plant is now one month 2weeks, while the smaller one is just around a month old. I plan to veg them all the way to early november to get a larger yield
    I started feeding them about a week ago for the first time and results have been great.
    But ill stop rambling and let the pictures do the talking! Enjoii:smoking:

Attached Files:

5. Also im pretty sure these are both indica dominant. What do you guys think?
    And does anybody know what the weird yellowing around the edges of my youngest ones leaves?

6. Looks like a hybrid to me.

The leaves go through wierd shit like that in the MG. It happened to me my first time with it, and I figured out it was from PH drifts, and salt buildups from time to time.

No worries man they'll be in FFOF in no time and then you can just watch em grow.

7. did you ever find out what the def was and get it under control?

8. #10 selfmedication, Oct 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2008
    Whatsupp Cityy:wave:,
    Things have been going pretty good so far for Mrs. Bush
    And the exact opposite for my other lady yet shes still hangin in there
    I upgraded my lighting in my new setup, I now have (8) 26wt blue spectrum cfls hanging over Mrs. Bush and (3) 26wt blue spectrum cfls and (1) 42wt red spectrum cfl hanging over the smaller lady (I hope)
    Still on 24/0 vegging Its been exactly 2months 1week since Mrs. Bush joined us and not exactly positive on the smaller lady. Plan to veg another 2-3weeks to stabalize my plants health, mature the smaller one a little more, transplant her (if in fact it is a her), and continue to do maximum lst for maximum yield on both!
    Im also going to be planting another bagseed or two in a couple of days (germinating as of now) just for experiment and maybe a little extra..
    plan to veg them under 24/0 lighting for about 3 weeks or so and then switch to 12/12 to flower and harvest with the rest. Im still not even sure if the smaller one is a girl yet, thats why i want to go ahead and start a little extra.
    But anyways questions, comments, suggestions, seriously anything would be appreciated!
    Heres some pics I just took of them about an hour ago
    Enjoii:smoking:

Attached Files:

9. Oh yeah, one more question..
    When i decide to flower my ladies should i do the 36hr dark period prior?
    What exactly does this do?
    And will my other future lady adjust well switching to 12/12 in week 3 or so?
    I know i wouldnt be yielding much but I have some extra good quality seeds layin around so why not!

10. I've never heard of a 36 hrdark period for inducing flowering. 12 hours off is enough to do it. Also, you can start 12/12 as soon as the plant shows it's sex which I think you said it has already done.

11. I've read in many places its crucial to atleast do a 24hr dark period prior to flowering.. Triggering the plant to flower quicker and increase potency or yield? Not sure whats true or not but it does make sense that it would trigger it to start flowering quicker.
    And also I know i could go ahead and flower, but im looking for maximum yield and I gots all the time in the world.
    Plus my other little lady hasnt shown sex yet and if it does turn out male im going to be veging another plant or two for a few weeks and then flower with my main lady!
    Can anyone else chime in on this and help with these questions?

12. Wow so its been a while since updating this thing..
    Although I've still been practically glued to this site to get every piece of knowledge I can.
    I am very happy with my ladies and I will be taking no credit for their dankness.
    Ok since updating their has been alot of changes happening..
    Mrs. Bush and Mrs. Nugz have been flowering for the past week now, but 2weeks of 12/12 so far. Also I have 2 more ladies now, one of which is flowering along with the rest at 3weeks old and just started 12/12. And the other one is a Blue Cheese Feminized seed and is now a week old in a seperate grow space.
    Expect to get my first harvest in early January:smoking:
    Ill let you guys see for yourself
    The first two pics are of my oldest Mrs. Bush, the 3rd and 4th are my 2nd oldest (Mrs. Nugz), and the last pic is a bud shot of Mrs. Bush under the lights
    Tell me whatcha think guys, this is my first successful grow.
    And if you want to take a guess to how much ill be yielding go ahead, and we'll see who gets close! Im gonna say 3ounces total dry weight:D
    And again I've never gotten this far so im really not sure how much I could be possibly yielding here, but i do know i vegged the hell out of my oldest plant so I expect quite a bit in return from her:p

Attached Files:

13. niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

14. bit of plus rep for u !

15. #18 selfmedication, Nov 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2008
    Ok so heres a little pic update for you guys
    So here ya go..
    Pic 1-3 Ms. Bush (2wks flower)
    Pic 4-5 Ms. Nugzz (2wks flower)
    Pic 6 Noname Bud (1week flower, but will be just a month old tomorrow)
    Pic 7-8 Is a top view of my ladies under the light:)
    I've been using ffof Tiger Bloom every other watering and will start using blackstrap molasses in a couple weeks all the way until harvest.
    All bagseed btw^^
    And pic 9 is the newest addition to the family (1) Feminized Blue Cheese;):D
    It is now 2wks old and very healthy!
    Any questions or suggestions would be appreciated!
    Tell me what you guys think..

Attached Files:

16. All your plants look really good. LST is the way to go. Are your girls stinky yet?

17. #20 selfmedication, Nov 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2008
    Oh yes my friend! Almost like a lemony citrus sort of scent, but still sweet! Lst is definitely effective when using CFL's. Im hoping to get 3oz from my biggest lady.. Am I off or do you guys think its possible by looking at the pics? I did veg this baby for almost 2 and a half months and have lst'd it to its fullest potential. no room whatsoever to tie down more growth, I've already been tying branches down to other branches, main stalk, or even under and through other branches.. lolll