New member and first indoor. Ghettofabulous style.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by sakerocket, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Hello everyone, I thought maybe I would start a thread following my adventures with my janky, yet well done janky if there is such a thing. Well let's just say it is homemade with a lot of time in it so far. 

First my goal is to have a perpetual grow setup that may yield decent amounts for myself. I built a cabinet 62" wide x 22" deep and it is 42" tall. I split that in half with one side for veg (206 watts CFL) and the other for flower (338 watts CFL+HID). All lights are mounted to downward facing mirrors that I can raise and lower. On the flower side I also wired 2 12v 35 watt HID 3000K lights in. Keep in mind everything I did this with is stuff I already had. 

Right now in the veg side I have some seedlings of Timewreck that I will let go for a while. They are no more than a week out of the dirt and some are still popping now. The flower side I have some decent bag seed that is my trial run just to see how it is working out and to adjust lights nutrients etc. I started them 12/12 from seed and they are already looking pretty active and fast growing just 3 weeks in from burying the seed. I'll get some details on the light combos on each side soon. So let's see how this goes. I'll add more info soon. 

2. Also as a background I used to have a few Bonsai trees so I am familiar with a lot of training techniques. And also the reason I have a ton of stuff for indoor growing already. Most trees need to be outdoors all of the time (unless subtropical) and I didn't have outdoor areas at my old apartment. here are some of my old babies ( My grandmother overwatered everyone of them to death while I had no place for them for a while) 

Attached Files:

3. Here are a couple pics. First 2 veg side last 3 flower side 

Attached Files:

4. Looking good so far man. Ill have to keep my eye on this one.

I wish i was able to rig something up with my lights like you have. Unfortunately i have no skills in the electric department.

5. #5 sakerocket, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2014
    I unfortunately don't either lol. Well I can do it I just dont like it. Especially when I don't have all of the right tools to make it easier.  I was only shocked with 110v 3 times that day haha. I am my own multitester. 

6.     The first in my update for today. 

I have had a nutrient problem and what one member said was nute burn. I flushed them today and my buddy dropped off a bunch of his Fox Farm stuff ( Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, Microbe brew, Kangaroots, and Open Sesame) that he's not using right now. I'm starting with the week 2 schedule on both sets of plants.

My other buddy is bringing me a few things he's not using now including a 2x2x5 tent with a 150w hps, carbon scrubber, and fans. My thinking right now is that I may move my veg section into the tent. Redoing the lights for a 4th or 5th time now. lol I think I may add the HPS into my cabinet and supplement that with my CFL's etc. Right now without the HPS I have a total of 554 watts and 35,150 (advertised) Lumens. 221 watts Veg and 333 watts flower. I may split it different once the HPS is here.

I really built this cabinet with SCROG in mind. I made the screen already too. It seems to make more sense to keep the tent as a separate veg and the box as the flower area. Maybe around 300 watts in the veg tent and 400watts in the flower. I'm still thinking about this some so any suggestions would be very welcomed.

Attached Files:

7. One of my lights came off today and fell on a youngin. I think it'll be ok though. I saw it within a few minutes of it happening. I ended up re attaching every light on there though and hopefully it will stay on there now. Once I decide what to do with the setup once the tent comes I'm sure I'll be redoing all of them again. 

8. #8 sakerocket, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
    The one the light fell on seems just fine. And the first few plants have recovered well from the toppings. I topped some of the Timewrecks tonight also. We'll see how they recover. Within a few minutes all their leaves perked up and went up some I don't think they liked it much at first. They have relaxed since and went back to normal. We'll see how they look tomorrow.  

Attached Files:

9. :( my wire I had holding my lights up broke while I was gone. Not one made it. shit I'm pissed as hell.

10. Damn sorry to hear that man.
    But on the bright side you got a bunch of mass good free shit like the hps and tent. Don't get too bummed, ik that obviously sucks a ton but you can start fresh and now you'll have an hps to work with along with some free nutes (although I will say 100% organic kicks serious ass).

Hope everything works out man.

11. Maybe I'll try again when I have some money that I can put in to doing it right. IDK