DIY Stealth grow Cabinet (cfls)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by RawNZ, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Hey guys this is going to be my grow journal also my very first grow so i'll need some help with a few things. I've done months of research on cfl growing so I think it's time to start, also one thing i want to point out is that i have never smoked weed in my life nor seen it. Walter White never did meth but he was the best at producing it. (i will have to try tho)I am in the process of building a grow cabinet I painted the inside flat white now i just need to cut some doors out I already have hinges for them (4 of them) that will be done tomorrow.Measurements are as follows H-800 mm D-470 mm W-600 Seeds i have:- 2 regular Sleestack skunk (1 has been germinated and in soil for about two days sitting on my window sill and sometime outside in the sun with no sign of sprouting)- 1 Feminized SUPER SILVER HAZE - 1 Feminized Lemon kush.For lights I will be using Cfls. I will probably TWO of those 1 to 4 adapters (it screws into a normal light fitting with 4 fittings with a max of 45 watts per fitting)So two of those should be enough for one or maybe two plants, i only want to grow one plant at a time as i have my seeds hidden, just in case the people I live with find the grow cab and destroy my plants.I'll be buying the lights shortly, might just buy 8 (4 6500k's for veg and 4 2700k's for flower) and mix them together while vegging and maybe flowering????I have some tomato fertilizer i'll use, the N.P.K is something like 8.5.6 (not to sure, ill find out)So that should do the trick.For ventilation I have a large fan from a air hockey table, it plugs straight into the wall and i moves a lot of air should i use it as an outtake fan?I also have a few pc fans with a old phone wall wart 9v output, i'll find another one or a 12v one.Stay posted and give me tips can we have lots of discussion in this forum post pictures of your stealth boxes and setups.

2. Planing on using Ona buckets to neutralize odor  :confused_2:

3. #3 RawNZ, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014
    20140929_190729.jpg 20140929_190746.jpg

Not to pretty but it will be in my closet.
    I was thinking of turning it into a two part grow box so having a veg and flower room, thought i could leave the shelf in and the top part would be for a mother or two and the bottom part for clones? or should I put a piece of wood in the middle vertically and have that as veg and flower rooms?

4. Hi, to answer your question I'll be using a Phresh filter!

5. Thanks, do they work well and also have i tired ona buckets?

6. Yes they work well but they are massive. I think they would be overkill for your closet grow as they're made moreso for 3x3x81 tent sizes or above.

7. I have a DIY ONA bucket right now and that shit is not working, my whole apartment still smells like dank, save your money buy a carbon filter.

8. #8 RawNZ, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
    I want to buy a carbon filter but there so expensive here in New Zealand.. Around the 200 mark. How did u make your bucket?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Attached Files:

10. #10 DazedAndStoned, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
    I think come flower time if you don't get a carbon filter and go with just ona. You'll be smelling some dank ass buds mixed with fresh linen, gonna raise a few eyebrows. I say use BOTH the carbon and ona bucket, that way all smell will be taken care of, and when you open up the cab to check on them, at least the ona will be there to cover up the smell. You can always make your own carbon filter for around 50$, check out the DIY section there are a couple different ones. If its the difference between everyone smelling it, you getting caught, or being completely stealth. I'd spend the 200 just to ensure the safety of the grow. :bongin:

By the way, cab looks great so far, I'm subbed. A cab that size will be great for some 12/12 from seed and some LST

Sent from my Spaceship using the GrassCity App.

11. Well from my experience I would either go 12/12 from seed or veg then preform some major lst'ing.....

sent to you using my decoder ring

12. Lights fans and all that good jazz....depends with what you want to do .....making separate chambers takes a lot of effort....

sent to you using my decoder ring

13. Thanks for the info man, I'm think my best bet is a diy carbon filter and ona buckets.I'm on a pretty tight budget as i'm in the middle of buying parts for my gaming pc so i'll do my best to get the grow cab up and running and out of the way.

14. Just finished making the cab air tight and light proof, still haven't put the doors on yet, any ideas on how i should put them on to make it light proof? I have 4 hinges ready to go.

15. I would make it as tight and flush as possible. After the door seals fairly well, put a strip of weather stripping around the box between the box itself and the door. There are many sizes of weatherstripping to choose from depending on the size of gap between door and grow box.

16. Subbed! nice choice of strains! the box may be a bit small though. Keep in mind plants tripple in size when they flower. Your gonna want to start tying down those seedlings after their first 2 weeks from sprout and LST the shit outta them the whole way to harvest