Indoor Hps Bag Seed Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by foolmelt, Aug 24, 2014.

1. 20140824_105944.jpg 20140824_105957.jpg 20140824_110031.jpg _MG_9238.JPG _MG_9239.JPG _MG_9241.JPG

Started a batch of random bag seeds a little while back. Most plants are 8 weeks in, just moved to flower and around 18in tall. The small plants in the middle are some questionable dwarf plants and rejects I kept short from the last batch. Currently using a 150w HPS and a 100w HPs for flower, and a CFL grow tent to veg, but I have a 1000w HPS with 19in reflector coming this week. Using big fan for cirulation, havent had too much problems with heat yet. 2 plants look female so far, 2 looking male but hard to tell at this point. Good quality pics were from the second week, phone pics are current.

2. Re potted the smaller plants and moved things around a bit. Also thought I would show you my simple CFL grow tent with 2 6400k 60w cfl and 2 32w 48in daylight bulbs. Using bathroom fan for circulation. When my 1000w HPS gets here I will be sectioning off a 6x8 area for the flowering room and redesign my veg box. I was thinking of adding the 150w hps and mounting the cfls in a permenant fixture, along with some small ocilating fans. Better pics this time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. 2 weeks into flower and only 2 plants are showing pre flowers. First non autoflower grow, so I'm not really sure what to expect as far as wait times. Am I not supplying enough nutrients? I use a diluted 25-8-16 solution every other watering. Still waiting on my 1000w HPS so I can see some real growth, current setup isnt very effective on so many plants.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Changed nutes and fixed some of the light leaks in the room, hopefully this fixes my problem.

5. Ordered a 400w MH light for next grow. Going to couple with 150w HPS for broader spectrum in veg.

6. Decided to order a proper 96x48x78 grow tent since I already spent $600 on lights this week. Hoping it all gets here around the same time so I'm not setting the lights up twice. Also hoping these plants start to flower so I can weed out the males. Any suggestions on how many CFM this tent will need? It has 8 4in round vents, 2 6 in round vents and 4 3x16 square vents. So I was thinking 4 170cfm inline fans, with 2 on the either side on the bottom drawing air in, and two on top drawing air over the lights and out through carbon fitlers. And then a small ocilating fan on either side for plant stimulation.

7. My grow room is finally starting to smell like weed, so I'll take that as a sign they're starting to flower. Think I'll get some good fem seeds for my next grow, I'm constanly worrying all my plants will be males.

8. #9 foolmelt, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
    1000w HPS arrived and has been installed in my temporary flowering room. Hopefully this speeds things up a little bit.

9. Updated picture of the flowering room

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Temps with the new light hit 95, so I installed a 5000btu AC unit in the room.

11. Is this a male?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. #13 TheAnswer121, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
  13. That was fast haha. Sick of wasting space on these fuckers.

14. #15 TheAnswer121, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
    generally, your males will stretch like crazy and show sex before the females

15. 6 out of 15 plants now showing pistols. Plants are loving the 1000w HPS. Might couple with 400w MH for this grow to see if I can improve the yield.

16. Tent and 400w MH arrived today so my flowering room got re arranged yet again(hopefully the last time). The company I ordered from didnt send any corner connecters for the tent so I had to make my own for now, and the reflector for my light was mangled during packaging. Despite all that I did get it set up for a total of 1400w or 200000 lumens in my 4x8x6 tent. Will post some picture tomorrow when the lights are on.

17. Plants are loving the addition of the 400w MH. Lots of new growth, and the smell is unbelievable. Having trouble keeping the heat down(at least 85) during the day, but winter is coming. Getting down to 65 at night. Ordered a 4" exhaust fan, 4" carbon filter, some ductwork, PH meter, PPM meter, a better thermometer/hydrometer and dynagrow nutrients because why now gow all out, right? Cant upload pics at the moment, too bright in there for my camera to handle without a filter.

18. Finally got around to taking some pictures. Lots of pistols on the plants now, not that you can see with my shitty lense. Since the first picture I split the tent in half and moved some of the plants back to veg with a little LST action. Temps are getting a little high in the day right now, but my fan and filter should be here sometime this week. One of the plants in my flowering room is getting really pale, so I upped the nutrients. Could my soil be over saturated? I read flushing with epsom salts might help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Doing good, looking healthy :metal: