Hey Gc: First Time Grow 2 Afghani #1 And 2 Cheese

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mclovin-420, May 1, 2014.

1. Well, Ive just started my first grow and i thought i may as well share it with everyone here on GC as browsing forums is basically how I've learned everything i know, i feel its only right to give back. anyways enough of this mushy stuff and on to the goods. I picked up some beans in vancouver this year and just got em started.

Ive got a 2x2x5 cab with a 2x2x14" veg chamber above a 2x2x3'10" flowering chamber. 
    VEG
    2 - 2' T5's
    seedling tray / humdity dome / and heat mat
    12 site 2"net cup seedling/cloner bubbleponics setup with air pump with 2 airstones
    6 inch fan
    FLOWER
    Kind LED L300 light and 2 - T5's for side lighting support
    two 8 site 3" net cup blubbleponics with top feed hydro drip and 2 airstones each
    1 - 6" fan 
    2 - 4" exhaust fans with carbon activated scrubber
    it all plugs in to a heavy duty power bar and a gfi plug.
    using techna flora nutes 

DAY 1
    sowed 2 afghani and 2 cheese seeds i picked up in vancouver at 4/20 in some pre conditioned rock wool cubes. place these little cubes in my veg chamber in the seedling tray with humidity dome and all vents shut. i have my heat met set on 80 degrees. I'm excited for my first grow. follow along with me for the journey!
    PH 5.5-6
    PPM 09

The pic is the cab i got, a little bit of setting up left to do but I've still got some time :bongin:  IMG_0379.jpg

2. Day 2
    I peeked in the rock wool and 4/4 seeds are cracked! 

3. #3 mclovin-420, May 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2014
    Day 4
    96 hours since the seeds have been germinated!
    1 cheese and one afghani have broke the surface! Ive decided that now is a good time to drain off some excess water in my humidity dome and give the babies a breath of air. I also decided that id turn my 2 T5's on 24/7 today.
    \nPS noob question!!! Im having trouble figuring out how to attach photos if anyone would to help a newby out, i got some pics with some sweet cotyledon pron! A few sexy first fan leaf pics as well.
    \nEDIT::::: Figured out how to make an album, heres the first shots!
    View attachment 138490
    View attachment 138489

4. #4 mclovin-420, May 2, 2014
    Day 5
    the remaining seeds broke ground today, first sight of some baby fan leaves on a cheese and an afghani!
    Seedling dome is at approx 80 degrees. I took the two side vent covers off the humidity dome of the seedling tray to let the babies start getting used to a little less humidity! baby steps for my ladies!
    Suzy
    View attachment 138491
    Beverly 
    View attachment 138493
    Jenna
    View attachment 138494

5. #5 mclovin-420, May 2, 2014

Day 6
    I removed the seedling dome all together today and propped the seedling tray and mat up of the shelf a little closer to the T5's to help with stretching. I have 1 afghani not looking so good, total runt, keeping a close eye for signs of mold/rot. I really don't want her to spoil my other babies! I decided to give them a little thrive alive b1 red. i took my original water of 09 PPM up to 100 PPM with the nutes added. I know its not recommended i just want to experiment because they seem to be lacking a little and look a little limp. PH is still 5.5 - 6.
    Group shot
    View attachment 138496
    Group shot
    View attachment 138497
    Beverly
    View attachment 138499
    Suzy
    View attachment 138500
    Jenna
    View attachment 138501
    Gail
    View attachment 138502

6. #6 mclovin-420, May 2, 2014
    Day 7 
    The seedings definitely did not like going closer to the light, I set them back on the shelf and let them recoup for a couple hours. I then propped them back up about 2-3 inches from the T5's after they bounced back but this time with a 6 inch fan on them on a timer on for 15 off for 15. hopefully this gives my babies some added stem strength. the cup of water i gave them the day before is gone so I fed em again this time my original water was 11 PPM and i added some root 66 to get it to 88 PPM then added some thrive alive b1 red to take it to 111 PPM , hopefully this stimulates those little roots to take off. PH is 6 temp is around 75 - 85 now depending on fan cycle. i named these girls hehehe!

big girls             runts
    fem cheese          beverley                Jenna(after askEd's LSD), the journal that got me started!!!!
    fem afghani          Susie                     gail

Group shot
    View attachment 138503
    Group shot
    View attachment 138505
    Beverly
    View attachment 138506

7. #7 mclovin-420, May 2, 2014
    Day 8
    Plants are really responding well to the distance from the light plus the fan to help alleviate the heat. Starting to really see the beginning of the fan leaves on Beverly and Susie. Gail and Jenna are still working on getting their helmets off but are showing signs of getting close, I'm thinking tomorrow will be the day that i can say my babies all made it through germination and are now triumphant little seedlings. YAY.
    so all my water in the tray was pretty much evaporated but there was a faint grey/white film left on the tray itself which I'm assuming would be some trace nutes from the evaporation so i decided to just put some good PH'ed H2O in there and wait for them to tell me they want some more nutes. maybe a day or 2 more and i can feed em again! temp is between 75-85 with the fan on and off. things are looking good so far!!
    PH 5.5-6
    PPM 11

Beverly
    View attachment 138507
    Jenna
    View attachment 138508
    Suzy
    View attachment 138509
    Gail
    View attachment 138510
    peaking over the top
    View attachment 138511
    Group shot
    View attachment 138512
    Group shot
    View attachment 138513

So am i posting to much? is there anything else anyone wants to know or that i should be covering and I'm not? 
    This first time just has me so pumped i guess I'm just eager to share!

8. Subbed you seem to have everything going well I have only done hydro once 1 plant blue venom 5 n half oz

Sent from my SM-G900F using Grasscity Forum mobile app