First Cfl Grow In Progress To Finish

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Team Imp, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Hi all this started as a joke not sure if it would even work, These are just mid/high grade bag seeds  2x different strains germinated in paper towels, all of them had a little bit of mold on the roots. Here is the rundown of this simple setup.

Lighting : 234 watts 6500k  9x/23 watt....5x on a hanging bathroom fixture + 4x free standing and can be adjusted as needed for side light.
    Soil : MIRACLE GROW!!!!
    Nutes : MIRACLE GROW!!! lol i know its not near ideal please be nice :p

This thread will be updated every few days as the grow progresses its a few weeks in already so sorry for the jump start into veg ect... any advice is welcome.

Thanks for looking

Early veg 03/31/14

early veg.jpg

8 days into veg

8 day veg.jpg

14 days into veg  left to right....  (left nut, center nut the runt, and right nut)

14 day veg.jpg

22 days into veg (today) left to right ... (left nut, right nut, center nut the runt)

22 day veg.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nice job! :smoking: Now it's time to get some larger pots to transplant them into, and some more lights.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Those plants look excellent. id transplant them into 2 gallon and flower them under a 1,000 watt and grow some big donkey dicks.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Looks nice mate my friend done cfl grow and they turnt out amazing im just truing my first ever grow in a 1m x 1m x 2m tent hope it turns out fine lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. So stupid question but maybe get a SMRT answer :p Left nut (left) and Center nut (right) both have a smell that makes my mouth water even in the next room sometimes I catch a wiff of it, while Right nut ( center) has no smell at all. Could any of these be pre signs to sex?

23 day veg side.jpg

oh ya the two that smell are different strains if that helps at all

• Like Like x 1
  6. I wouldn't count on smell to guess sex.. Only time will tell.. They look good, grew fast.. I used mg soil and nutes my first round.. When I tp'd I used the hyponex cheap ass Walmart soil.. Fory first venture I could not believe the results. Lookin good..

Sent from my XT1030 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  7. Nice picture mate looks good and healthy

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lookin good dude, I like your CFL setup more than what mine used to be. Miracle Grow isn't ideal... But honestly that's being picky. The plants will grow with what they've been given. Lookin good man :)

Sent from my Galaxy S III

• Like Like x 3
  9.  Everyone getting us stoked on the positive feedback, total setup price was 5 dollar light fixture from salvation army, 21 bucks in bulbs so far, 5 bucks for soil, MG food was free and 6 bucks for the double sockets so 37 bucks to get the girls rolling. Im lucky that my space is nearly unlimited and can add another 4 foot of height to the 4 foot thats there already so going to keep them in veg for a long time and grow some real "trees" =)
    Side note germing 6 more of these bag nug seeds will send them to flower when these 3 are ready for flower for a little bigger harvest.
    Loving this forum everyone here rocks

• Like Like x 2
    I think the simple answer to that is "NO".

• Like Like x 1
  11. If you want to grow some "trees" you will need minimum 5 Gal bucket sized pots. 10 Gal pots would be even better. If you are using the same lights, I'd say 10 per plant should do it. Keep all the lights within 2 inches of the plants (top and sides), and raise them up as the plants grow.

Just a little advice but flowering shorter plants is better when you are not running high powered lights.

See the light is very good for 2 feet at the most and when you grow a 5 foot plant you wasted time growing 3 feet of plant that just produces leaf and stem that goes in the trash.
    Plus the time you wasted growing a 5 foot plant.

I grow buds more than leaf and stem by flowering @ 12" to 20 inches.

• Like Like x 1
  13. question then, is there any rule of thumb how big they will get in the flower process.? For instance if I went to flower now with my 14 inch what size would I expect it to jump too? Also is there a happy medium like 2 foot 3 foot ect for best yield and least trash?

14. 2-3 foot plants are ideal most the time.. Most plants will double in size in flower but u never really know till u flower the first time.. Some can triple while others hardly stretch at all.. I would venture to say that u should flower by 20" for sure.. I started out with a 400,watt mh and hps and 25-30" was max veg height or I was wasting time as mentioned previously. I grow 5' plants now but I flower with 1k's now too.. Keep the lights as close as possible to maximize use if the plant you have. If your too.close they will start to curl up on the serrated edges.. Then just ease the lights back.. With good.airflow and cfl lighting you should be able to get within 2" of the plant but when you start adding lights it gets warm.. I have only grown with cfl in my breeding box but close light is your best asset with them..

• Like Like x 2
    Iv seen that a plant will get 2 to 2 1/2 times the size after the flip. Not always as it kind of strain dependent and environmental factors play a major role. 

huge trees are better off in greenhouses and outdoors. Hard to beat the big light in the sky. :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. ok thanks guys its settled then I wont go much higher then 2 foot max and that will give my new girls a little veg time before I force 12/12 on them

• Like Like x 1
    LOL you will end up with big plants anyway. Some strains just go crazy.

18. Hi Curbhead419,
     Unfortunately smell is no indication as to the sex of the plant, however males will tend to stretch and grow a little faster than their female counterparts as they like to get their sacs emptied into your room as the females are maturing, and pollon once airborne can stay active in the room for ages.
     The best way is to preflower them by giving them 12/12 lights for about a week or so just till you see the female flowers appear of male sacs start then seperate them and put the lights back on to 22/2 and veg till your happy to go into full flower.

Xen

19. Also referred to as monster cropping. Usually it.keeps stretch minimal when you flip.back to.flower..

• Like Like x 1
  20. As I can see you got a great grow going... One thing i recommend trying is going to Home Depot 2$ for Y splitters for light series you have above.

Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1