My first Monster Crop

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MJsGirl, Apr 6, 2014.

1. #1 MJsGirl, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014
     in·trigue
    verb
    past tense: intrigued; past participle: intrigued
    <span>inˈtrēg/</span>
      arouse the curiosity or interest of; fascinate.
    "I was intrigued by your question" "I'm intrigued by the idea of monster cropping"
    synonyms: interest, be of interest to, fascinate, arouse someone's curiosity, arouse someone's interest, pique someone's curiosity, pique someone's interest, attract

Clone clippings were taken from my flowering skunk female 12 days ago. **** She's getting harvested next Thursday so before that process takes place, I decided to try this "monster cropping" idea and see where it takes me. I have a small space to grow, a small apartment and that's why I only have 3 clippings. Wish me luck.

I didn't pull the other 2 out in fear of ruining any root action that may be going on. I'm hoping that I didn't f*ck up the rooted bud that I did pull out. (That's me... a newbie, I didn't know any better - sheesh! but it is what it is, too late ... I read in a few places on the internet that I should not mess with a clone while it's trying to do it's thing)

**** Next Thursday will be the 8th week she's been into the flowering stage. It's true, buds that are clipped during flowering can root, even in the later stages.

:smoke:

<div> View attachment 138659

View attachment 138656
    View attachment 138655
    View attachment 138654
    View attachment 138651
    View attachment 138642
    View attachment 138641
    View attachment 137220

</div>

2. Nice work!

Red stems

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #3 MJsGirl, May 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014
  4. these will turn into HUGE bushes, it takes alot longer, but you will be rewarded nicely! I have some pics posted in my journa, l if you want to see what to expect go & check it out

5. From a previous post I made on Magic M's journal, I was asking advice on trimming. This is what I posted:

My monstercrops started rooting in the beginning of April which means they're about 2 months old. Could you please take a look at these photos and tell me if I should trim something? The leaves are not getting big at all and I didn't know if it's a good idea to start plucking those so called "fan leaves" .... actually, I'm not sure it has fan leaves, it's just a bunch of leaves everywhere. See, take a look:

View attachment 139969
    View attachment 139968
    View attachment 139967
    View attachment 139966

I was advised to start trimming.....

.... and I was going to

it's just that,

well,

I'm not sure exactly what leaves to trim so I....

left 'em alone - even though I was instructed on how, I just couldn't do it. I need someone to either do it for me or to point to the leaves that need removed. I swear, I'm NOT a dizzy blonde - just a cautious/nervous brunette!

DANG. IT. ALL. TO. HELL.

I don't want my 3 pride and joys to turn up looking like their mother due to my lack of trimming skills. I could of yielded way more from her if only I knew what I was doing.

Take a look at how spindly she ended up being:

View attachment 135549

6. #7 MJsGirl, May 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2014
  7. well done..

just took monstercrop cuts off every plant in the room..few days ago..

8. #9 MJsGirl, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2014
    Ok, so this is what I did. Re-arranged my grow room (third time this year and it's only June) to accommodate 3 five gallon buckets each containing 1 plant. Then I waited all day Sunday and all day today then I finally trimmed up some leaves a few hours after work. It may not look like a lot, but In person I think it was a lot.

I'm intimidated by these plants because they're spindly and weak looking.... with so many different branches coming out here, there and everywhere.

View attachment 140167
    View attachment 140168
    View attachment 140169
    View attachment 140170
    View attachment 140172
    View attachment 140171

:hello: Hurray, I did it!!!!

9. angusbeef, please send me a link to your photos. I'd like to check out your plants.

;-)

10. #11 angusbeef, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2014
    I don't post like that here any longer..

There are some journals from the past somewhere.

The clone got swarmed by spider mites only a few left shitty deal.

11. *shivers* I'm afraid of spiders, even the littlest ones! I'm sorry to hear about the invasion. Were your plants inside or out? Do you grow on a regular basis and just don't keep a journal? What's your advise on how many CFL's I have. I have 12 for 3 plants... think that's too many? Its up in the mid 80's now and it's only June. I've been keeping my A/C on a lot lately and to make matters hotter - I live in an attic converted into an apartment. TTYL ;-)

12. oops my bad - I just went back and re-read ... your plants were inside

13. Ahhhhhhhhhh Haaaaaaaaa  So here you are.. If I had known I'd have thrown a house warming party for you..
    Some nice action going on.. I'll drop in from time to time and keep an eye on your progress..

14. Is that sand or diatomaceous earth as top layer ?? In either case I'll go out on a limb here and go with the fungal gnat control.. You've either had them or using it as an IPM against getting them ??
    If I'm on track may I suggest scraping off as much as you can and trying Mosquito bits and dunks.. 
    http://www.arbico-organics.com/product/mosquito-dunks-bits-combo-bacillus-thuringiensis-israelensis-bti/pest-solver-guide-mosquitoes?gclid=CKyCooDs4r4CFRNlfgodxCoA4Q
    Bacillus thuringiensis v. israelensis is a variant of the BT most of us outside growers use to control bud worms.. AKA Oak Moth Caterpillars and the rest of their friends..
    I had a nasty little case of gnats and the BT-I knocked it right out.. I sprinkled some bits on the soil.. Swirl a dunk in the water bucket I'm about to use.. No sign of them.. Both Lowes and Home Depot carry it.. OMRI (organic materials review institute) listed for organic use

Pests and IPM:  Invasive Pest Management
    This product works as a biological control for the following: Black Fly (Simulium vittatum Zetterstedt), Fungus Gnats (Bradysia impatiens), Mosquitoes (Culiseta longiareolate)

Happy growing.. BNW

15. (((((BrassNwood))))  -  I'm happy to be bumping into you over here, Sweet! No house warming party needed, however, It would be nice to burn one together but since you live on the West Coast and I live on the East Coast.....

Man, am I glad you shared your information. I had a small breakout with compost gnats (or fungal gnats as you're calling them) back when I had 1 plant, the mother of my clones, and kept her in my small apartment from start to finish. Sand was the only thing I read on the internet that would really help and I didn't trust any pesticides to use. But now since you're telling me about this info, I'll totally stop by Lowe's on my way home and pick up some. *****I HATE watering through sand!!!!*****  It stirs up with the dirt and sorta tries to mix together while you're pouring the water. I've tried a funnel but that didn't work out so well. Afterwards  I'd have to keep smoothing the sand back down where the watering disturbed it.

I don't have anywhere near as many gnats as I did last year. I don't have any other house plants either. I read house plants can cause trouble too! I'm excited for this because here before too long, it's gonna be watering time. 

Super Great!

;-)

16. #17 MJsGirl, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2014
    Over the weekend I this is what I did:

Lowes only had the mosquito dunks so I bought a pack. After reading the directions It was best for me to let one soak for about 24 hours. I soaked one in 8 oz of water and mixed 3 equal portions to my watering schedule. I scraped off a lot of the sand but there's still a lot on the surface too. I'm thinking about baking some of my compost to pasteurize it before putting a layer back on my plants. No sense in getting rid of gnats only to re-contaminate, ya know.

View attachment 140536
    View attachment 140537
    View attachment 140538

I still want to get a hold of some of these bits somewhere, I'll buy online if I have to.
    Mosquito Dunks® & Bits Bti Combo Pack,

Now I must go mingle ...

:smoking:

17. those dunks work like a dream I put 6 in a 50 gallon rez and they lasted over a year.....I put them in a nylon and just toss em in there and it works excellent....

brass and wood is right on with that post....its fool proof controll for the gnats.

18. It's only been a few days so far but so far so good! I still have to get rid of the rest of the sand then put down another layer of soil. I didn't end up pasteurizing it after all - I just watered it with the rest of the mosquito dunk water.

View attachment 140637
    View attachment 140638
    View attachment 140639
    View attachment 140640
    View attachment 140641
    View attachment 140642
    View attachment 140643
    View attachment 140644
    View attachment 140645
    View attachment 140646
    View attachment 140647

19. takes about 2 weeks to see a Gnat free soil but then it lasts a long time.....