Second Stealth Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by vinnyfraser, Mar 25, 2014.

1. #1 vinnyfraser, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
    Hello everyone :smoke:
    This is going to be my second grow of all time! Im just going to keep updating this post and the post underneath 

Current Set Up (many changes)
    3/24/2014
    IMG_20140319_192954.jpg
    3/26/2014
    3.26.2014 2.jpg
    3/27/2014
    IMG_20140327_132851.jpg
    3/28/2014
    Room.jpg

Lights
    23w x 3 CLF day light
    I do have 2 40w CFL but i cant seem to fix my heat problem so the 2 23w's will have to do

Nutrients
    IMG_20140327_134313.jpg

For plant updates please check forum post below ill be updating it as much as possible :) :smoke: 

Attached Files:

2. #2 vinnyfraser, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014
    **UPDATES**
    <span style="font-size:14px;">This will be a quick way for people to see my day to day progression of the plant growth without having to scroll through the page :) </span>

3/25/2014
    2014 - 1.jpg

3/26/2014
    3.26.2014.jpg   3.26.2014 1.jpg

3/27/2014
    3.27.2014 1.jpg   3.27.2014.jpg

3/28/2014
    3.28.2014 1.jpg   3.28.2014.jpg

3/29/2014
    3.29.2014 1.jpg   3.29.2104.jpg

3/30/2014
    3.30.2014.jpg   3.30.2014 1.jpg

3/31/2014
    3.31.jpg   3.31 1.jpg

4/1/2014
    4.1 1.jpg   4.1.jpg

4/2/2014
    4.2 1.jpg   4.2.jpg

4/4/2014
    4.4.2.jpg   4.4.jpg

3. Box
    3/26/2014
    I have changed the set up of the box around to try and get better hot air venting, before my exhaust air was to low and it was only sucking cold are out. I have now changed it to the very top and I have noticed the exhaust air be much warmer so i assuming its going a better job.

Plant
    3/26/2014
    The plant has started growing its second level of leaves, they are very small but you can clearly see them coming in. The temps in the room are about 78-82ish i am aware of this being a little to hot and im trying to find a way to keep the temps down. I'm thinking about moving the intake so i can vent it from outside of the box.

Questions
    Im really considering switching to LED just because of all my heat problems. Would anyone have an recommendations on a brand to buy and maybe even the wattage i should be looking for. My box is around 1.5 feet by 1.2 feet so it is very small and i only plan of maybe growing 1-2 plants in it.

4. ok so i found your problem  that mini fan i did the same thing as you thought and i relized that its not a real good idea  i urge you to buy a 80mm and 120mm  , put the 120 mm as your intake on the very bottom of your box and the  80 mm right near the lights as your exhuast  , when you do that u will defintly notice a huge deferance in temps and you will notice that u could probs add in 1-2 more of those 23 watt bulbs  and still have temps at  70-80  like i have  it will cost u around 15-20 dollars for both fans but its defintly worth it  and it will give you ALOT more space in your grow box then having the mini fan in there threw out your whole grow  i thought  i could do that  but know how  my plant is today im glad i switch to the 2 pc fans then to just keep  the mini fans as i would probably still have temputure problems till this day if i didnt switch to the pc fans, keep me updated on what ur going to do  kinda seems like you had the same idea as me in the beginning but learning from experince your definlty gunna wanna listen to me   as i have been threw what u are goin threw now, as well please dont switch to led lights  if your looking for a more cost effiencent  grow go with cfls and as well you will have alot more  light in there then u would with a led , i was gunna switch to led but its defintly a waster of money as i se the the cfls are def alot better and your gunna get a better grow then you would with a led system 

5. Ok im confused how how making the intake bigger will lower the temps. Shouldnt i make the exshaut bigger so it can take more hot air out of the grow box??? I dont understand how pushing more air in will lower the temps

6. Yo ... Had to chime in here...

If temps are too high, then ad more air flow of coarse...

I had one exhaust 120mm and
    2x 80mm and 1x 120mm INTAKES

3 in , 1 out...  4 total fans.

Just a clone box now... But spending a few extra bucks on the 120mm Intake fan with a 3 speed switch was nice.

Temps too high, I would turn the fan up... If temps were fine and humidity low, I would turn the fan down.

L8r
    :smoke:

7. #7 vinnyfraser, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
    Box
    3/27/2014
    I have changed the box yet again. I installed a 120mm fan which you guys have recommended and so far my temps have been perfect! My box is now sitting at 78 which is alot better then 85. I have also be able to put another 23w CFL light in so thats defiantly going to make my plant happier. Oh and another thing i have started to slowly take out the emergency blanket i was using at a reflector because i think its a reason for why my temps were so high. I have started to put white printer paper instead which you can see in the picture in the top post.

Plant
    3/27/2014
    So my plants second pair of leaves are finally starting to come out and they're looking healthy. I have added nuts yesterday and the plants seems to have accepted them fine. I didnt add anything strong just the 1/1/1 Miracle Grow Foaming nuts (Picture at top of post). I haven't noticed any burning and the plant still looks very healthy from what i can see. 

Questions
    3/27/2014
    1. How do you think my plant is looking and do you think i should give it another shot of nuts??
    2. How often should i be watering the plant? I have been just watering when ever the soil looks dry should i continue doing this?
    3. Are you liking the format im doing with this grow? Im trying to make it easy to see how the plan grows everyday so a person wouldnt have to keep looking through the pages to see the plant updates. Let me know if i should keep doing it or not

8. UPDATES 3/28/2014

Plant
    The plant is looking extremely healthly and the second leaves have grown quite a bit from yesterday as you can see in the pictures on the second post. I gave her another squirt of nuts last night but i think im only going to do that maybe twice a week now.
    3.28.2014 1.jpg   3.28.2014.jpg

Box
    I've changed the box around once again but im finally getting the temps i want 75-79. Im so happy! I've changed the exshaust fan from 2 80mm fans which were really loud to one 120mm fan that i got from best buy for $11. This thing is also completely silent and is moving a great deal of air. I have also added a C0[SUB]2 [/SUB]maker im not sure if i actually need it but i figure it wont hurt lol.
    Room.jpg

9. what nutes are you usin and why u using it this early in the grow

10. I was using the miracle grow foaming nuts. The pictures are in the first post. The plant seems to be taking them fine. Im not sure if i should continue on not.

11. i wouldnt recommend it one mistake could kill or really badly defect or stunn the growth, just something to keep in mind  your soil should def have enough nutrient on its on to last 2 -3 weeks of growth with out u adding anything to the soil

12. UPDATES 3/29/2014
    Plant
    The leaves are starting to grow extremely quick, i cant believe the difference from yesterday to today! Im going to take "" advice and stop the nuts until the plant is older. I really dont wanna hurt it in anyway. And im also going to slow down on the watering im just really scared of not watering it enough!
    3.29.2014 1.jpg   3.29.2104.jpg

13. with soil and a good drainage system you should only have to water max every 3 dayys execpcailly because of  how old she is 

14. shes doesnt need to drink that much as if she where the size of my plant shes drink half a gallon every watering  and thats every 2-3 days which is rediclous LoL a good watering every 3-4 days make sure the water drains out the bottom that is at least my rule and if u want some really strong roots give it an extra day of dry soil  make the roots search for water making hem expand and giving a better growth, just some good advice, over watering is one of the main problems with begginer cuz they always think they need water everyday when they really are good so just keep this in mind as well bro

Keep High Brotha :smoke:  :smoke:  :smoke:  :smoke:  :smoke:  :smoke:  :smoke:

15. ok im going to water every 3 days and would you recommend me doing any topping or low stress training?

16. oh and another question i've been reading that using tap water is bad because of all the added chemicals they add to it. Should i consider using distilled water or just not worry about it?

17. ok to answer your first question it donest have to be exactly 3 days but just about  cuz  u always wanna give her a peroid of dry  soil so like i said the roots will strech in search for  water and   i have never had any good experince topping  BUT LST IS A MUST not this early but def when she starts to  streach  or grows more bushy.

Question #2:
    This is what i do  and it has work wonder , and it was advised by  buddy uwill3  and so fill a jug like a milk jug or anything really i use milk jugs hence more water instead of having to do it everyday  is fill you jug up  of tap water and leave the cap off letting the cholrine and all those other bad  chemicals that will hurt your plant  ,and leave the cap off for a MINIMUM of 24HOURS i useally do 36-48 hours just to be safe but 24 hours is good enoough and  its leaves you with distilled water instead of having to  buy jugs of distilled water which in the end will cost more then what youll get out of your plant , (and yes tap water is bad)  but if u do what i said in the discription  you wont have a problem  TRUST ME

If you have any other question i will  freely answer them and will respond on that day im useally on about every 1 or 2 so ifi dont hit u up in the first hour   ill will defintly get u within then day  

Keep us UPDATED  doing Really good so FAR man keep it up  
    Remember Patience is key and trust me its hard i know i wanna chop my plant down already but  trust me in the end it will all pay off 

Stay High ma Peeps  :smoke:  :smoke:  :smoke:  :smoke:  :smoke:  :smoke:  :smoke:  :smoke:  :smoke:  :smoke:  :smoke:  

18. Im not sure, but do you have moss growing on top of your soil?? It looks kind of green?? Im not bashing you or anything, i was just curious. That little seedling in that little pot really does need to be dried out. Dont be scared of under watering, be more scared if over watering. Pick up that pot when its wet, feel how heavy it is. Then let it get good and dry, to the point where her leaves are drooping but not dried up and crispy. That little pot, shiuld take 4-5 days to get to that point. Then lift the pot and feel the weight. Thats when you shiuld water her, when its good and light. Within 24 hours, those leaves will be perked right back up and you will see just how fast they've grown. Keep at it and best of luck to you.

19. Thanks for the advice man! I'm loving the feed back from everyone :) How do you think she looks so far?

20. #20 VTyanky, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014