Cheechs First Grow. Coco/FF/CFL

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by CheechinSwishers, Feb 21, 2014.

1. So i did my research and learned a lot from all of you hear on grasscity. I have 2 bagseed planted 36 days ago and switched to 12/12 8 days ago. I have the full FF lineup, i fed them open sesame the night before switching and they blew up.. and i found out yesterday that they are both FEMALE so i said ok worth a journal i guess.

Heres the progress

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    6.jpg
    7.jpg
    8.jpg
    9.jpg
    10.jpg
    11.jpg
    12.jpg
    13.jpg
    14.jpg
    16.jpg
    download.jpg
    download2.jpg

2. 4 weeks of veg.. Looks good for first grow right?

3. No1 interested In mini tent coco cfl grows I guess lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. looks good but yea cfl grows dont get much love...you get your seeds yet?

5. nm that was only 3 days ago lol

6. They look great! I'm currently vegging with CFLs and I like the results so far.

Subbed in

7. If you look close at the first pic..theres a smiley face lol

8. Update : Day 10 of 12/12
    Day 37 since Planted

Did some lollipoppin had a bunch of good potential clones i thru out and a couple i just threw in some coco to test out since i have no room anyway i figure id try try and learn.

download2.jpg
    download.jpg

9. Nice bro! U should said something I would of gave u a few good ideas for clones with household items.

Sent from my Mansion on Mars.

10. well i have 1 gallon pots or cups to put them in..just no room in my tent or anywhere to put them..i put like 4 in a gallon pot just to test it out and they all fell over lol

11. Far left side of my tent had spot not getting much light so I added two more 23w lights... 1 x 2700k and 1 x 5000k. Total watts : 305 spread out nicely

download.jpg

12. Cheechin on a SWISHERR

13. NEW PICS

BUDS STARTING
    5.jpg
    7.jpg

And checkout my first ever supercrop..it came out exactly how i wanted...it was getting way too tall.. I put tape on her cuz i thought i cracked her open a lil..guess not..recovered in a day
    6.jpg

14. Those are some happy looking girls, & I don't remember the brand name of my combo, what are the specs on your fan + filter and what are your temps like? By the way it might be because I'm a newbie but I love watching CFL grows.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Okay cheech I have to say the cfls are driving me nuts. Lol.

I discovered much to my irritation that the stupid bulbs I got were only 5k spectrum. Oh they said daylight but that's what I get for not reading the back of the box. I see here you've got the same thing going on.

I was so mad I took down 1 of the hid lamps and have it running a mh along with 3 10watt (40 watt replacement) that are actually in the 6500k spectrum.

The 5ks will work ish. But they are not quite "cool" enough to get the most out of them.

I think I can see a visible difference as well.

These are the 6500s
    View attachment 1384525

And these are the 5ks
    View attachment 1384526

Its just not as white in my opinion.

Anyhow the little bulbs are GE daylight bulbs and the big guys are ecosmart brand daylight. That's what I get for going generic. Ugh

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1269251-2nd-grow-reveg-and-clone

16. #16 The Letter 3, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2014
  17. yea i use those same ones durring veg...does the job but my 125w cfl is 6500k so that obviously helps ..also have a 2700k 125w which is in now for flower...Mixed spectrum is best all thru veg probably..My fan/filter combo is the 4 inch one the temps when lights on are about 78-82 degrees 35-50% humidity.. Lights off its about 70-74 degrees 40-55% humidity

18. good temps right?

19. I'm wondering how you keep that good humidity, the temps are good obviously because they look so happy. Also just noticed you had a mh bulb, I really enjoy looking at your setup for some reason, I was also thinking of putting my filter inside my box hopefully it doesn't lose performance.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Thanks man but no I'm not running anything but cfls. Idk how the humidity stays good it's always been that way. Probably bc it's winter. Idk. I'm about to get a dome n a few other things to start my first attempts at cloning