Dishs 600w Scrog Grow. DWC and Cataract Kush.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by dishphead, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Hey there GC this is the first time I've actually upped and decided to make a grow journal. I'm about 4 or 5 weeks in and here's my setup:

90x90cm Secret Jardin
    Canna Aqua Full Line
    Cataract Kush, DNA Genetics
    600w HPS
    5 gal DWC bucket

Anyways, I initially had two plants going in separate buckets, Went away for about two weeks around Christmas and left a friend to care for my beloved girls. She end up killing one of them unfortunately, but this other girl survived and is doing very well now. Massive root ball, huge leaves, no bottom leaf death, extremely tight internodal growth, and she's drinking maybe a gallon every couple days, it's hard to keep up with her!
    Anyways, I threw a trellis net in there, cinched it up to the corners real good to scrog'er. Wanted to build my own frame but couldn't get proper materials for it in this country. but I think this will do for now. I'm looking for a pound on this grow off this one plant, but I hear Cataract is not a huge yielder, so I'd be happy with 350g or more.

Here are some pix I took earlier this week, I will be uploading a few more with scrog net in place once my lights come on a little later today.

Attached Files:

2. Looking good man , a bit small , but coming along .And u shooting kinda long and wide on that 1 lbs for 1 indoor plant . U veggie for 2 months u should get 250-300G dried . So I'd suggest veggie for 3 months if u want to hit more towards the 350-450G weight .It looks just like my OG kush at 1 month of veggie , same leafs ,color even the drooping part, it's gonna be very frosty buds , buddy :) Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. yeah, she definitely hasn't been moving quickly. and yeah, i figured 1lb would be a huge goal, s'why i said I'd be happy with 350g. I'll be in veg until probably end of February, beginning march. I've heard Cataract has really nice buds, albeit on the light side, but she's coming along really well. drinking a little over 1,5L a day and running at 1.4ec. already since i took those pix on tues/wed (cant remember which), she's showed some good growth-the new pump has helped a TON, I'll be sure to upload some current pix a little bit later with the scrog in place and everything. in the meantime, thanks for checking in!!

4. A pound from 1 plant grown inside in hydro isn't hard to achieve from a grower with some experience and his method dialed in. I just might pull off a pound on what I have going now. 2 months of veg would be enough to get the size you need before flipping. You'd be surprised at what a great grower can achieve with one plant compared to a novice with too many plants.

5. Hey thanks for checking in Mike! so I know I said I'd get pix up of the scrog screen but went out to a bar instead :p i'll be going in a bit later when lights turn on to get pix, she's grown quite a bit!

6. so my electricity got shut off today due to issues with the bank. air pump shut off, fan shut off; so my girl had to go for about 2-3 hours without any air while I got things figured out. To help her out, I opened up the tent and pulled her out of it so she could breathe a little, then I stood by her and pulled her out of her bucket about every 10 minutes for like a 5 minutes duration to allow the root zone to breathe....anyways electricity is back on and everything is working fine, i'll be replacing the soup a bit later this afternoon and then posting pix, stay tuned!!!

7. [quote name="dishphead" post="19457838" timestamp="1391438002"]so my electricity got shut off today due to issues with the bank. air pump shut off, fan shut off; so my girl had to go for about 2-3 hours without any air while I got things figured out. To help her out, I opened up the tent and pulled her out of it so she could breathe a little, then I stood by her and pulled her out of her bucket about every 10 minutes for like a 5 minutes duration to allow the root zone to breathe....anyways electricity is back on and everything is working fine, i'll be replacing the soup a bit later this afternoon and then posting pix, stay tuned!!![/quote]Man that's shitty. Guess it's better to get things like that out of the way now while still in veg than to have to deal with it in flower. I'll be looking for those pics too my friend.

8. #8 dishphead, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
    Just did a trimming today, took off just a couple bottom leaves-things are huge!

Attached Files:

9. Pix from Monday, just replaced nutrients and dialed up to 1600ppm (Hanna), she's now drinking just under 3 Liters a day

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      520.8 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      521.1 KB
      Views:
  10. #10 tk86high, Feb 5, 2014
    It's not that hard to achieve ?
    Okay have u done it before ? When u do then preach it , until then I'm going by what I know from the years of growing and that is u want a lbs on 1 plant u better

1. Veggie for at least 10 weeks from first set of true leafs . 2. Care for it like a baby 3. Get it the best Gucci nutrients u can buy 4. Have a light that makes the sun feel cold . 5. Get a good c2o unit (at least $200 for something descent) running at all times and have a great pump if growing in water .

So I'm sticking with my word Samsung , 8 weeks won't get u a lbs. unless u using a magical spell .

But then again what do I know , I go by what I see on youtube and Fox News 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Looking good my man, what date(s) u thinking ur goals for harvest would be ?

12. last week april -first week mayish. probably. Depends on how big she gets. it seems like each day she's growing faster, sucking up more and more, i'll probably trim out some of the stuff under the net this weekend, and that should shoot her out towards the edge of the net.

13. #13 tk86high, Feb 5, 2014
    Yeah these next few weeks she will become a monster just telling by the fan leaf u posted . But will be thick and stacking , as I said it looks like my OG kush , but a bit different .
    Anyhow it's a kush strain , I'm doing my harvest first of march will be nice dried cured and tasty by May , we definitely gotta meet up mid May and have a smoke out / BBQ.

14. The opinions of others that we take as facts. What the hell is a Gucci nutrient? When you can do the things I do with the space I have then post pics and celebrate. I don't wanna ruin DP's thread so that's all I'll say.

Sent from my Note 8.0

15. #15 tk86high, Feb 5, 2014
    That's good , and u can't understand the Gucci ways cos Gucci hasn't blessed u yet . Anyhow I get a good lbs each grow anyhow with 3-4 plants in a 1 n half month period veggie time , so it's all gravy ;-)

16. Can't wait to cut her down and get some close ups of what the moab did to her. Looks freakish.

Sent from my Note 8.0

17. What u got growing ? When's ur harvest gonna be ? Pics ?

18. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. eyy punch good to see you drop by. ok so she's drinking about 4 liters a day now, moving out to the edge of the screen nicely. i'll be taking some photos tonight for you guys. I'm planning on trimming her undergrowth some on sunday. will post with updates when that happens as well. at the rate she's going I might even be able to flip a week early, which would be really nice cuz then i'd have smokeable product by the beginning of june. we'll see how it goes anyways.