noob micro cfl

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by elroyyboy, Dec 17, 2013.

1. show the nude pics

2. Hahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Just for you Farmer4D...

Day 38 of flower, Day 48 from flip to 12/12.

I fed her today, 1gal Collected Rainwater (pH6.9, ppm 007) that I'd aerated for 36 hours.  I added 5ml Grow and 5 ml Bloom (mixed total of 10 ml because I still can't kick this N deficiency.  Also added 5 ml CaMg and 5 ml Bio Bud.  All from General Organics line. 

pH in was 6.8, out was 6.2
    ppm in 615, out 660. 

We'll see what happens!  I figure about 4-5 more weeks. 

P1000080.JPG P1000083.JPG P1000087.JPG P1000085.JPG P1000084.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  4. take a look, blade!  Other than a N deficiency, I think it's going pretty well! 

• Like Like x 1
  5. You are right she could use a stiff dose of N.

At least one more time.

Shes looking nice...

6. i think you will need less than 5 weeks to harvest. :metal:  :yay:

7. Thanks man.  I gave her 1/2 veg and 1/2 flower nutes this feeding and the last.  In the meantime, I watered twice and topdressed the soil with  10-4-1 bat guano.  I'm at full strength on nutes (according to GO Box instructions) 10ml of flower (again, divided this 1/2 veg 1/2 flower). 
    I thought between the veg nutes and the high N bat guano she'd have bounced back a little. 

Any other suggestions?  I'm trying very carefully not to disturb the pH of the root zone... 

Thanks,

8. Thanks Farmer4D,   The trichs are still pretty clear...  I'd like for it to be ready earlier, but I've read to wait for the trichs to become cloudy to amber. 

Am I missing something? 

• Like Like x 1
  9. #90 Farmer4D, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
    no you're not. you have done your homework.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks Blade!

I'm certainly a noob but since I'm retired I have time as my best resource and I read here on GC probably 1-2 hrs/day.  I try never to ask a question I haven't searched for.  The search function is easy and tphe price is right.  :)

I never plan to grow more than I need personally and try to keep it small.  This run has mainly been an experiment for me to see if I can take a plant from start to finish.  When I get my final results I'll decide whether to stay with CFLs or to get a dimmable 400w HPS. 

• Like Like x 1
  11. I think that high N bat crap will straighten that girl out.

She looking good...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Man,
    I'm worried. It's worse today, though still in more mature leaves. I know that adding N isn't instant. But worried.

13. Take an 1/8 dose of crap, and mix it with water and slowly water it in at the stem.

Should speed up the absorption.

Plus Epsom salt at tsp per gal of water, for the Mag.

I would try a foliar unless you have done one before.

The yellow leaves will never go back green, the nutrients are for the new leaves. 

14. thanks man.  I'll hit it at 0630 when the lights come on.  Will try the tea first.  Haven't ever fed foliar, so I'll see if the tea helps first. 

Appreciate your help. 

• Like Like x 1
  15. No Problem, glad to try and help 

16. It was a watering day so I hit her with some bat guano tea w a little cal mag (I use cal mag or molasses in every watering session as well as feeding since I'm mostly using RO water) at the root stem this morning. Took my time and made sure I was soaking. Got some Runoff but did not measure as my pH has been good so far.

I'll watch newer leaves and hope they don't yellow.

Fingers crossed.

17. For you being a noob and growing an unknown bagseed strain I think you're doing great! I'd be scared to grow an unknown strain, cuz me being a noob also, I'd have no idea how long she's gotta flower, when to start flushing, when to harvest, etc! How do you tell when shes getting close? My strain is supposed to be 8 week strain but Im thinking she might take longer like a week or so longer. I'm at 6 weeks now, what do you think? I've read that using cfls will take longer to flower. And I do have a 400 watt hps on them now also, but only since a few days ago. Keep up the good work! :)

18. Hey there,
    Thanks for the kind words. I read a LOT on GC and I'm a lurker on a few more message boards. I go by averages and trichome color. I'm at 43 days flower(53 since 12/12 flip) and figure it'll go 7-9 weeks. I'm probably starting my flush a little early, but would rather finish early than risk a bad taste.

I've always been a plant guy but have focused on outdoor ornamentals (roses, tulips, rhododendron, trees). I have heard so many over feeding and over watering stories that I'm very cautious and err on the side of caution.

Again, thanks! Always good to get some positive reinforcement.