1800w - Jack Herer - Cocoponics - Wilma Bigs - Everyone Welcome :-)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by stickyfingaz89, Jun 23, 2013.

1. #1 stickyfingaz89, Jun 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2013
    Welcome all to my newest grow, been in the game a while so I'm no noob but I still need your input, advice and pointers... as i like to say "one pair of hands gets the job done, many pairs of hands gets the job done well" So sit back skin one up and enjoy.... Here goes.....The Plan....Been growing for years, many of them are logged on here, done both varieties, soil and hydro but a few years ago a good friend of mine introduced me to coco, all I have to say is this stuff rules, all the benefits of both said methods but pretty much no cons, so what's not to like. If you haven't tried it, seriously do it, coco-ponics is the way forward.As far as growing style is concerned I've tried quite a few but the fact I don't live where I grow limits my selection. Infact it pretty much narrows it down to one system.. The Wilma System. Great bit of kit that allows my girls to be fed automatically and I only check on it twice a week. A lot of people are sceptical and some closed minded people have said it can't be done or it will fail epically but I'll tell you this, 5 grows have come out perfect so I'll say it, I don't run to waist I recirculate the nutes. So the Wilma pumps the res up through the pots of coco and then the run off runs straight back into the res.. sounds nuts right?. Well your wrong. Coco holds no nutrition so its got what you have put there. So if I put 600ppm and PH6 through until the run off matches the said numbers then the res won't go nuts in terms of PPM and PH fluctuations. Just remember to put NFT spreader matt on the bottom of the pots to stop coco getting in the res.. So call it what you like it works and works well for me..So here's the equipment List -X3 Wilma big 4 systems.X3 600w HIDs, MH - veg, HPS flower2M x 2M x 2M Dark Room Tent. 250mm Air force 2 extraction fan.315mm rhino pro filter with reducer to the 250mm Airforce 2.Temp controlled fan speed controller.X2 clip on fansX1 16inch oscillation fan.Canna coco, full canna coco nutrient range. + additional additives.Electrics have been done to a very high standard, nothing illegal, not taking any risks. Added a 64amp breaker to the main board, then ran 10mm wiring to a 45amp contactor board with grasslin timer, the board can run 10 600s by timer and has X2 full time switches for fans, pumps etc.Strain.. Rhino seeds Jack Herer fem. Currently got x1 jack in second week of veg. Plan is to veg until big enough to take enough clones to supply the systems and start a new mum, this one will then be destroyed. This process will then continue time and time again.I am going to veg the cuttings until 12inch then flip. 3 weeks before harvest I will take new cuts ready to go in the day after the others come out. Today is the first day the new room has had to support life so there's bound to be teething problems but I'm sure they will be minimal and easily corrected.Pics to follow.

2. Hey all, some pics.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      839.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      855.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      828.1 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      682.7 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      394.3 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      430.2 KB
      Views:
  3. Hey. After the first day everything seems perfect. Temps running a little low but the weather is crap so its to be expected. I have lowerd the light. Hopfully this sorts it out.

Il post updates after each time I check on the grow. Usually 2 times per week in veg and 3 times per week in flower.

Cheers.

4. Love the set up BUT damn you usa'ians and ur guns lmao !! Really how willing are you not to get robbed ! lol. jokes aside good looking setup man !

5. Thanks for the reply. Im in the uk mate. Lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Fair play then man .. Me too lol. Now I have that scene that goes AH SHIT I BEEN SHOT !! I dont fucking believe this, can every one stop getting shot !! HAHA GL man, Subbed :p)

7. Lol good film.. n yeah mate stick about for the ride.. :)

8. Good film shit tune ! lol.

9. When I say, you say, we say make some NOISE lol

Av u got a grow on here mate?

10. I do bro, its in my sig, needs updating as its a smelly mofo now lool. Welsh boyo here. When i say, Hand that mofo a gun and the wring way around ffs lol

11. I'm using my phone on the app so no SIG.. can u post me a link on here so I can be a nosey fucker lol n I'm on the other side of the bridge lol bristol...

12. Fair play. Cardiff is a nice place shame about the daft twat who put all the one way systems in place lol. I was born in brum :)

13. TBF i was in b35 castle vale for about a yr an .5. loved the place, im in st mellons now. makes the vale look like a pleasure beach lmao. rough as fuk lol. any way no worse than newport (raised) :) I like the quiet life tho hehe kidies an all

14. #15 stickyfingaz89, Jun 23, 2013
    How strange I am castle vale born and bred. We Moved down to Bristol when they knocked my mum n dads high rise down. Some 20 odd years ago now mind lol. My mrs mum is from the vallys.. she lived in Cardiff most her life.. gota love welsh woman. Fiesty as fuck haha

15. #16 loco2manis, Jun 23, 2013
    Mate don't talk to me bout welsh women (had my share) my wife is irish !! HOLY FUCK lol and my 2 girls (1&2 yo's) are more her than me lmao! You will understand tara a bit then LMFAO !! never really got it lol I would move back to my old house 3 story on watton grn any time lol. It's a really small world eh !!!!

16. Yeah it sure is my mrs dad is irish lol so my mrs is half welsh half irish.. poor me. I got 2 kids with her 2 and 3 months. English welsh and irish blood line hahaha. Crazy. Any ways mate. Im.off to work. No.rest for the wicked.. il update tomoz.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Well, looks like a nice set up except for one thing. coming from one of the experienced growers on here, im warning you when you get going full mode, and all 3 a re running 600w HPS with only one 250mm out-take fan your temps will be outrageous. even with a nice intake and outtake, with how small that tent is and not having cool tubed lights your asking to start a fire or raost your babies. just trying to look out for you cause i run a 2000w flower room and i sit at 76-78 degrees and have some issues keeping it cool enough and its an 8x8x7 room, let alone a tent :p so unless you have some a/c ideas or a nice way to cool tune and keep temps down, i suggest you start planning for 100+ degrees. once thats figured out im sure this will be gnarly! take er easy bro, ill stop in time to time check up and see what you replied :)

-RooR

18. #19 stickyfingaz89, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2013
    Hello there. Thanks for the concern but the airforce 2 is one of the most powerfull fans for its size. Going on baisic maths this fan pulls 2400m3/h my tent is just 8 square meters so dividing 2400 x 60 means the air is being exchanged 40 times per minute or once every 2 seconds. So it isnt really enough time for the temperature to rise that high before it has been removed. I have the tent hooked up to x2 6inch ducts that pull fresh air from ouside the grow room. Usally the ambiant temperature being pulled in is about 19-20.c 24/7. With lights off it is always around the 20.c mark and during bench tests running x4 600w MH lamps it never peaked over 28-29.c . Im in the Uk where the outside temp never hits over 24.c not only that my lights are off during the hottest hours of the day. 2pm-8pm. Iv spent about 4 weeks bench testing flat out running 4 600s in the tent and have not had one heat problem. The problem I have now is to cold.running x1 600.and have had to hook the Af2 to a temp controlled fan speed controller...

19. #20 stickyfingaz89, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2013
    2400m3/h == just over 1400 cfm.. so I kinda have over kill for this set up. LolInfact after a little research it turns out the air is supposed to be exchanged 3-4 times per minute to maintain fresh air and temperature control. Im capable of exchanging 2 times per second... so yeah I think I got this one sorted :)