Bubblelicious X5, 400W Mh/hps Cooltube, Scrog, Gl60 2X2X5 Tent, 4Inch Inline W/ Carbon Scrubber

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by skinnydrollin, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Lets say i don't have anywhere to place the other plants? should i just for a 4 plant LST(Using rope ties, wire...)  or force a 4 plant SCROG?

I guess what would you do if throwing out two wasn't a preferable option.

2. Hmm if u have no where to put the other plants, lst would be a good option if u want to keep em all. The scrog would get very messy so I'd say go for a short veg and just train them where u want them to go

• Like Like x 1
  3. thanks

4. http://youtu.be/as3KAhK8gOw

5. #25 skinnydrollin, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2013
    I dont think im going to scrog or LST im just going to try to grow beasts and remove lower growth before flowering.  Ordered Bud Candy and Big Bud from amazon.com.

6. UPDATE
    Day 17 Veg

I topped plants A,B, and C.  I simply pinched off the top shoot/tip:

IMG_1730.JPG IMG_1731.JPG IMG_1732.JPG IMG_1733.JPG IMG_1734.JPG IMG_1735.JPG IMG_1736.JPG

Plant E, day 5 veg

IMG_1737.JPG

I will probably not be toppin this little girl as i will allow her to get as big as she wants by the set flower date, july 8th.

I didn't have enough room to perform scrog.  Still waiting on my advanced nutrient in the mail!

I agree with this entirely.  anyone just starting out should definitely just buy a premaid setup then once they have a few grows under their bet build something custom.  too much waster money

8. After topping, it took just under 48 hours for the plant to reorganize its hormones to produce new growing shoots.  Plants suffered some nutrient splash on the leaves a bit that cause them to burn.  despite that, they are looking fantastic and starting to smell really dank in veg when the tent is opened.

9. Update Plants A,B,C Day 22 Veg, 28 from seed
    As i said before i ditched the SCROG and topped the plants.  They responded perfectly as i now have 4 tops on all of them. My nute burns problem stemmed from the Grow Big, but i have dialed the dosage back to just 1 teaspoon instead of 3.  Growth is steady and healthy under the gas lantern routine.

IMG_1740.JPG IMG_1741.JPG IMG_1744.JPG IMG_1745.JPG
    Update Plant IMG_1747.JPG IMG_1748.JPG IMG_1751.JPG
    -

E Day 8 Veg, 15 days from seed
    E is starting to pick up.  I'm not going to top this girl im going to let her grow in the corner as big as she wants to grow.  This will be a good comparison in regards to 1 main cola vs topping bubblelicious.
    IMG_1752.JPG

The plants smell like cow shit and bubblegum now, lol.  The carbon filter setup is doing its job properly.
    IMG_1755.JPG

10. I also pulled all of these ladies out including the little girly and gave them their physicals lol.

Here are more shots of A,B,C:
    IMG_1739.JPG IMG_1742.JPG IMG_1746.JPG

I checked the PH of the run off and it is sitting pretty perfect @ 6.2-6.7 via the color tester.

IMG_1756.JPG
    Look what i got in the mail!! Big Bug & Bud Candy!! to go along with Tiger Bloom, Grow Big, and Big Bloom.
    IMG_1757.JPG

Also for beginners and people wondering about nutrient schedules for fox farm ocean forest check out my own custom one.  Ive decided to try to dial in the bubblelicious strain to the T and perfect it so this strain will be apart of all of my grows going forward. Enjoy!  ALSO THE CHART IS TEASPOON PER GALLON!!! View attachment FEEDING CHART.pdf

11. glad i took you advice! i can see its about to get crazy!

12. Plants A,B,C are all showing preflowers at just 3 days shy of a 4 week veg period.  I just gave plants A,B,C a bit of super thrive solution and only plan of giving this to them one time only.  I just want to see what the hype was all about and the stuff smells like shit.

Plant E is coming along gracefully as she is working past her 3rd node.

I'm thinking of switching my whole operation to 12/12 400W HPS (Flower Mode) soon. or right when E hit the 4 week mark which would technically be 17 days away.  i heard the longer you veg, the bigger the yield due to root mass.

13. I just flushed plants A,B and C since they hit the four week veg period right on the mark.  After flushing the plants, the leaves were curling under pretty bad.  I'm assuming this is because the roots were getting suffocated due to the lack of "real" drainage with these smart pots/fabric pots.

To alleviate the curling/root suffocation i took the end of a pen and poked holes in my soil to get some rootzone oxygen flow going.  I also starting a slight lollipop/trim on the lower 1/4th of the plant.  I removed all potential bud sites that were too low to receive adequate light.  (roughly about 3-4 sites per plant, fan leaves were left alone, unless they were yellowing.

After poking holes in the soil to get some oxygen down there, 24 hours have passed and the plants are no longer curling.  they are standing straight up at attention and happy as can be!  (for the record i flushed with tap water in the bath tub).  I can say confidently, smart pots/fabric pots do not flush that well at all due to the lack of drainage at the bottom.  I will probably discard of them and go back to traditional pots or those british style air pots.

The plants are now just above 1 ft tall, green and healthy.

Plant E is coming around fine.  She is entering her third week of veg, roughly 6 inches, starting 5th node, completing 4th node.  still not mature enough to flower.  I will place all plants in flower once E is mature enough to fuck.

PICS will be taken tomorrow and i tell ya they are very pretty girls.

I also picked up some cal mag because i believe i have a slight cal mag deficiency.

14. Here we are with another update:

Plants A,B, and C (veg day 31) are healthy as can be.  I have 4 healthy new shoots after topping the plant.  it amazes me how well this strain responding to topping and how fast the new shoots are growing.  the plant is literally 1''3' from 1''1' last time i checked(24 hours ago).

Plant E is healthy as well (veg day 17).  Still aiming for that single cola because there is no way she is catching up to a,b,c cause they are monsters.

4 more days is veg for them all before flipping to flower!

IMG_1758.JPG IMG_1759.JPG IMG_1761.JPG IMG_1762.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  15. looking good man nice and healthy

16. Just some more pics, 2 days until 24 hours of darkness, then 12/12 hps bulb in the cooltube.

A,B, and C on veg day 32 and plant E on veg day 18.  Plant E has started some inter-nodal growth.  I had to place a straw in the dirt to support E as i think the reason why it is growing slow was due to me not letting the root ball develop properly before transplanting.

Also i took a shot of the preflowers.  Plants A,B,C have preflowers all over them and they are quite long now.

Pics Below:

Attached Files:

17. Superb....   How long you gonna let um go before training?  Stretch is gonna happen quick with how healthy those ladies are looking.   Mine stretched 10" in the first week

18. man im not even sure im going to train them anymore lol.  I wanted to scrog at first but a 4 plant scrog was too much for my little space and thing would get out of hand.  I think im going to do some minimal LST during first couple weeks of flowering.  Those fabric smart pots make things a little difficult.

19. get something to punch some small holes in the fabric and get some zip ties through them to make loops.  you can tie off to that for sure.....   LOVE ME SOME ZIP TIES!!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Smart pots are the frickin shiz....  adapt to THEM!!   haha