first grow stealth1

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by stealth1, Mar 28, 2013.

1. #1 stealth1, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2013
    This is my first grow. Im growing lowryder 2. Its a stealth cabinet grow with cfl lighting.

i have 4 cfls(2 45w & 2 35w). 1 35w & 1 45w for each spectrum(2700k&6400k).
    using 3 pc fans,2 intake/1 outtake with lightraps fitted and a 4" carbon filter.
    the inside of the cabinet is mylar covered.
    have a thermometer/hygromether fitted.
    soil is canna terra pro mix
    nutes will be biobizz or fox farm

iv just began germinating the seed using the paper towel method

will be potting straight into its finishing pot as lowryders dont like transplanting.will use 7.5litre or 10litre pot(not sure).

nutes will be either biobizz bio grow/bloom or fox farm grow big/tiger bloom.

hopefully my first grow goes well :wave::smoking:

my grow box build:http://forum.grasscity.com/micro-grows/1179728-first-stealth-grow.html
    my how to light trap:http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1195145-light-trap.html

2. #2 stealth1, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2013
    ForumRunner_20130328_231313.png ForumRunner_20130328_231329.png ForumRunner_20130328_231345.png ForumRunner_20130328_231405.png ForumRunner_20130328_231422.png

3. Brilliant little set up,I love it!Ill defiantly keep you posted on my upcoming grow,and good luck with yours.Again,the setup rocks.

4. thanks, alot of work gone into it.

5. Very nice :) similar to my size. I dig the box design.

How does the 2 intakes one exhaust treat ya? I'm fighting with ideas for ventilation :-(

Sent from my HTC One S using GC Forum

6. I love lowryder#2 I have been growing them since the joint doctor first released then, about 8 years ago I think. I have bred many generations. I can't see your photos properly because the sun is on my phone but I'll check them out later. your set up sounds pretty sound

is there a reason why you have germinated them in paper towels instead of dropping them straight in to the soil? I find I get better results if I just drop them an inch and let them just grow as normal

I start mine in 3" pots for a week then go up to 5" for another week. I find they have a much faster wet/dry cycle giving the roots fresh oxygen on a more regular bases. they love the dry soil.

keep your nutes at a low strength, my LR2 are easily overdosed. have you got some fans to blow through the leaves? I find this makes a big difference to growth rates

:)

7. #7 stealth1, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013

hi,ya lads just seemed to get good results using the paper towel method.

im gonna pot straight into 10litre pots as iv read alot that transplanting lowryder2 can affect growth and yeild,but i could pot into 1litre pot and transplant into 10litre,watcha think?

the 2 intake fans are at plant level .

8. I germinated in a shot glass of water for a couple days, then put in a moist sponge in a zip lock bag until it got a nice taproot, then planted. All good so far :)

9. so 4 days later and still no taproot.
    had it in the paper towel for 3 days and put it in a glass of water this morning and it flaoted first thrn within an hour sunk to the bottom.
    what should i do?
    i have 4 more seeds but dont want to waste this one,but could these problems mean more problems when planted/if planted?

10. the best germination method is to drop the seed an inch deep in the soil and wait. it's in a perfect environment and doesn't need moving. leave the paper towels for children's science class, you don't need to observe it germinate for it to germinate

I prefer to start them in 3" pots, then 5" and then to their final pot. I think it's best to get it in its final pot by the time it's three weeks old as this is when flowers first appear. growing in smaller pots means the soil dries out faster between waterings so the roots get more oxygen. doing it this way gives you much faster growth. you can do the lazy method of dropping a seed in to the final pot if you want, it's not going to kill them but growth in the first week will be much slower. and with auto's only really having 3 weeks of veg you really need them to grow as fast as possible in this time

11. Could i grow 2 lowryders ?

12. I'm not sure how much room you have. if you have all 4 bulbs laid out flat you will get much more light to the plants, I could be wrong but it looks like you have bulbs above bulbs. the bottom one is in the way of the top one.

I would start all my seeds and pick the best two. I usually drop 30 seeds at a time and pick the best 21 to use. there are always a few runts that don't do so well

13. Set up looks good man, I would say drop that one in soil and let it go, some take as long as a week lol. But I would also get started on a second, this time just wrap it two or three times in a paper towel, put it in a dark cup and make sure you store it somewhere dark. Seeds need three things to germinate, darkness, constant moisture, and warmth. So keep that in mind when deciding on conditions. I think you can grow two. I too am growing a couple in limited space, just use space saving techniques like LSD and topping. Here's my grow if you wanna check it out.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-m...rnal-what-do-you-guys-think.html#post17649729

14. i have two options,i can put them flat with 2 on top,2 on bottom or fit em from the cabinet celing vertical.
    I use a 4into1.

i only hav 5 seeds and they cost 50euro so i dont want to waste em.

15. they need water and oxygen, heat speeds things up, they don't need darkness

my advice it to drop the seeds straight in to the soil, about 2-3cm deep and wait, that is a seed's perfect environment.
    leave the paper towels to children's science classes

16. In your opinion. From all that I have read and experienced, they DO need darkness, and do not sprout as quickly or strongly in light. Also because the darkness helps keep the area moist, because if it dries up, it dies. And it does need oxygen, but not from air flow. It gets the oxygen it needs from the water.

17. can't you just use 4 lamp sockets and fit them to the back? so you have them all laid out in a row level with each other? I can't see your set up that clearly in the photo

Jesus! that's a lot for a few seeds. if you pay for postage I'll send some to you if you want, I breed my own lowryder#2s, I have loads here

18. Forgot lol, IMO the "children's science class" method works the best. Planting in soil from seed works fine, but when you use the paper towel, your controlling the variables which is what your going for with the whole indoor grow thing. Right? But whatever method you decide upon, good luck! :)

19. no, this is not an opinion, an opinion is whether the bud tastes good or not. whether is needs certain things to germinate is fact.

the fact is seeds do not need to be kept from light. if you just drop it in the soil in the first place it won't see any light until it breaks the surface anyway.

darkness does not keep it moist, that's just ridiculous. if it dries up you have added an excess of heat, nothing to do with the light

I said nothing of "flowing air", you said it needs 3 things, moisture, darkness and heat, I was merely correcting you. it does need oxygen, water soluble oxygen will not be enough, if you left a seed submerged in water after it splits longer than a few hours it will drown.

these are not opinions