My first indoor grow op

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by jAhquaponics, Dec 23, 2012.

1. I already started a grow journal but being a 'NOOB,' I put it in the organics section instead of indoor grow journals. I couldn't figure out how to edit my thread so here I am. :smoking:

Here's a link of the beginning of my grow:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1147427-hd-thoreaus-1st-cfl-grow-philippines.html

Decided I'm going to keep this thing going and make it a perpetual grow op(even though I'm not even done with my first attempt. Call me optimistic.)

A rundown of what I'm working with:
    * 2x2x3 Nursery/Veg closet (CFLs 87W Total)
    * 4x4x7 Flower room (CFLs 356W Total) <-- MH/HPS eventually.
    * Organic Soil Mix and Foliar Teas

Techniques I'm using:
    * LST

I took my first 6 cuttings from my 2 plants 3 days ago. I'm not 100% sure if any of my 2 Philippine sativas are female although I see hairs which would indicate that they are.

Wish me luck and Merry Christmas everyone! :D

2. Pics of my set-up and one of my LST'd babies:

image-4072717385.jpg

image-4054039339.jpg

For my first set of cuttings, I used coco coir and a B1 vitamin growth hormone for the shock and rooting aide. I mist with plain water twice a day and put them in a tupperware to keep humidity high.

image-3737848580.jpg

3. Day 60+ from seed. Effects of LST plus taking cuttings:

image-3776234998.jpg

image-415419106.jpg

Cuttings(4 from each plant)
    I gotta confess that I got a little lazy with the process so just used what was on hand for rooting my cuttings. The 3 on the top right are pure coir and b1 hormone mix. The rest are a mix of compost, coir, peat moss, grain hull, vermicast, garden soil and beneficial bacteria tea. Basically I just threw all those ingredients up in a bucket without taking any measurements of each ingredient and used the mix as medium to root the cuttings. Got lazy but they seem like theyll survive. What do you guys think? What's a good cutting/rooting medium?

image-3075757915.jpg

4. hey there my brejen :p i got new pics upp

5. and idk man ut f you go 16/8 until you see sex then change to 24 then you will get to see the sex way eariler. thats why i ffound out that mine was a girl like 3 weeks before it shud have because i ran 16/8. now im off the 24. and onto 12/12 :D home stretch bro

6. man put some shit up and check out mine :p :) its comein aong nicelyy

7. Hey guys! Long time no post.. A lot is happening in my life right nowand unfortunately I wont be able to personally continue my grow op. Hopefully gettinga new job at an island resort and am pretty stoked about that so I decided to just hand everything over to a good friend of mine.

I decided a while back not to flower my plants and keep them as moms instead. I ow have 10 cuttings and have to make more because the moms are growing way too fast (care of LST)

I have more cuttings than I can handle but am not complaining. I told my friend to put the cuttings into 12/12 soon and I guess he'll do that within next week. Hopefully he can update me from time to time and then I'll update this thread afterwards.

Got a lot of help from a fellow blade about organic farming and I've been using neem products a lot lately. It's worked wonders!! Here are a coue of pics of what's going on in my closet now: