First (and Second) time Berry Ryder grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by KeithStoner, Aug 18, 2012.

1. My first grow got off to a slow start; crappy lights, temps too high, crappy soil, the list goes on and on. However, I didn't kill my first two plants (Berry Ryder auto) so I got that going for me at least. :hello:

After learning a lot from this forum, I've made several changes (FFOF soil, Earth Juice nutes, HydroGrow 84X-PRO LED) and my second go-around looks to be much more promising. My girls were starting to stink so bad I had to move them onto my screened-in patio. Because I'm in the Southeast US, I had to figure out what to do about the high temps, but I found an AC unit that is designed for dog houses and it's turned out to be perfect (see pics below).

The small girl in the photo is my first attempt. She's right at 53 days and is short but pretty dense. The big girl next to her is the same strain (Berry Ryder) and will be 28 days tomorrow. The last big girl (Purple Kush) is 19 days.

Attached Files:

2. The small one is so tiny! Awesome :D
    I don't think LED's can be considered crappy though since they're pretty $$$, but I'm sure with some extra lights like CFLs or something will help with the growth. I would like to see them as huge bushes since the leaves are so beautiful. Nice job man!

3. Thanks. The "crappy" lights I was referring to was some 3' T8 fluoros that were supposed to be designed for vegging. I don't know what brand they were, but they just plain sucked. My plants were stretching so much it was sad. Plus the original soil I had (even though I mixed with perlite & vermiculite) really hindered root growth. I think that's why they're so small. Once I got them under the HydroGrow light, they did very well. They reek pretty bad now.