[b]Tokey's 3rd grow, Liberty Haze, Original Berry, Pineapple Chunk, Blueberry Gum[/b]

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by tokeymctokems, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Hello all,
    Time for my 3rd grow journal and boy has it been fun already.

I had 8 Original Berry seeds by Kannabia seed bank, they were over a year old and I left them in an outdoor storage unit, so I think that did a number on them. 5 sprouted tap roots but as I was working I only got 2 in soil in time, the other 3 got left in the paper towel too long and the inside turned to a white liquid - my dumb ass fault but such is life.

So to make up for that I put 4 Purple #1 seeds by dutch passion in paper towels, however these were even older and have been in storage even longer - none have sprouted after 2 1/2 days so i am not holding out much hope for them.

I DO however have brand new seeds that have not been exposed to the elements, so in addition to the 4 purple #1 seeds I really have no hope for I have the following in paper towels now (and vacation time so I get them started before they turn to mush lol)

I have
    2 Original Berry seedlings - they are doing well at the moment.
    2 Liberty Haze by Barney's farm - Seeds
    2 Pineapple Chunk by Barney's farm - Seeds
    2 Blueberry Gum by G13 labs - Seeds

My grow space is a 5x8 room I converted, I have a portable AC unit in there (doesn't seem to be doing all that great of a job...... Not sure what to make of it) With a 400 CFM fan attached in line to the exhaust hose and a carbon filter on the end of that - the carbon filter is for a 4 inch fan so i have 6-4 inch converter on there and a speed control which at the moment is at about 40% - I had it on 100% but I figured that I may have been sucking air out of the room faster then I could cool it, still don't see a big improvement but we shall see how that goes. I also insulated the exhaust from the AC with ducting insulation since the AC exhaust hoses get HOT. Any ideas on the AC unit issues would be awesome so please chime in!!!!!!!!!

I also have 2 - 100 CFM fans in line on a separate exhaust line with a carbon filter on the end - these are not being used at the moment and are taped off on the end in the grow room - they are standby for future use.

The exhaust is venting to a small space on in the house that has a vent to the outside. That small room is sealed up real tight with duct tape on the door and a tarp duct taped on top of that. The door to the house is insulated with foam board and a tarp over that to stop light leakage.

I will be setting up another 400 CFM fan with a carbon filter in the room - no exhaust but just cycling the grow room air to scrub the smell. I will set this up at the first hint of odor in the room.

I am using a large CFL to start the seedlings - after they are a bit bigger I will use the 400w MH light to veg. After that I will use the 1000w light (digital switchable MH/HPS/Super HPS) - If I need to I will use it for the last bit of veg but I am hoping to hold out until flower, at which point I will use the Super HPS. I have the 400W set up under the 1000w light on ratchets and will simply take it down when I switch to the 1000w.

I will be using fox farm nutes for this grow and air pots (first 3 liter then 5 gallon).

Anyway on to the pictures.
    This is my grow room

Attached Files:

2. Here are the shots of the seeds and seedlings. One of the original berry seedlings has leafs that look like they have been cut or something - not sure what is up with that but here are the pics, any ideas feel free to chime in.

Attached Files:

3. I plugged in the 400w light because the seedlings were stretching.

My temps are at 84 but I think I will be fine by the time i am ready to plug in 1000w light it will be cooler out and this will help with the temps. I may have to upgrade the AC unit for next year though when flower will be in the spring/summer.

But on to good news is both of my blueberry gum seeds by G13 Labs have sprouted tap roots - a few days of loving care and I should have happy little seedlings!!!

4. ohh shit the tokester im subbed let me do some reading :)

5. Loving the space you got there. I have the rope ratchets to :)

Bummer about the seeds not going and the mess up i think everybody killed a few this season lol you have some nice strains there I might order a few of those PC beans.

How long/tall you gonna veg? Any training ?

I just got my hps today damn cooltubes 32 inches long lol should light my 3x4 area great dont know how im going to fit my filter fan combo but ill get it figured out here gotta list of new shit to learn and all in a 5 days before classes start back i am sure ill be picking your brain soon enough

6. seedlings are crazy i had one that didnt even grow single bladed leaves went straight to 3

7. good to hear G13 has alot of nice strains hope there beautiful plants as i am looking for more options for seedbanks that sell good beans lol i have had great luck so far but others have not been

8. Yeah my purple #1 seeds are a bust - none of them were viable. But I have high hopes for the rest of the seeds, they all look really good and I am hoping everything goes well.

I am not exactly sure how tall I will veg, probably 18 inches to 2 ft.... that could change but that is what I am planning on right now, I will be doing a FIM on them.

9. It looks like you are doing a first class job putting together that space.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Liberty Haze do its thing. I'm a big Barney's fan. I'm not a big cannabis cup fan. I'm sure those prizes are purchased. But the Barney's gear I've grown has been splendid stuff.

Here we go. :wave:

10. Thanks man, I am looking forward to this grow also.

One of my pineapple chunk seeds sprouted a tap root - that also went into soil tonight.

11. oh yea here we go Dinafem and Delicious seeds both are good to but Alatar was my guide def would order from BF ill let ya know about Mosca soon maybe err choices

12. watching this one too mr.tokey

13. I would not miss this for the world :)

:smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

14. I'm subbed, I'll get caught up when I'm off work.

15. Thanks man, good to see you. :smoke:

Welcome, this should be a good one :D I am looking forward to these strains.

Hey handaman, good to see you, not too much to catch up on yet so it should be a quick read.

In other news one of my Liberty Haze seeds sprouted a tap root, I just put her in soil. I only have 1 pineapple chunk and 1 liberty haze seeds left to sprout, I am hoping both of them do.

Temps are at 83 in my grow room and and everything is going good at the moment. I am so stoked!!! I am also dry at the moment - and I might be until my grow is done, trying to get a hookup in September or October but that may or may not happen. In either case the wait on this grow is going to be HORRIBLE.

Of all my strains I think I might be most excited to see how the blueberry gum comes out. In any case this is going to be AWESOME :D

16. Yeah, good thing it's short. I'm supposed to be getting caught up on Mr. area's journal, but life keeps getting in the way.

17. lol well its just getting interesting so just hop on in

18. Just a quick update, My pineapple chunk has shed its shell this morning, it is officially a seedling. The blueberry gum girls both shed their shells last night. My original berry is looking good, the funny looking one has its second leaf set coming in - one looks funky like the first leaf set but the other one looks fine - I am hoping she looks normal by the 3rd leaf set. Both of my Liberty Haze seeds have tap roots and are in the soil, the only seed I still have left is my other pineapple chunk. I am hoping that does something in the next day or 2, if not I may chose another seed from my vast selection lol. So the count right now is 5 seedlings - 2 seeds with tap roots in soil, and 1 seed yet to do anything.

19. chugging right along day 1 of 100

20. ill keep an eye in here if you dont mind. My 1 Blueberry Gum has just gone under the 400w hps too, so we are bang on day for day pretty much. how long are you planning on vegging and what is your method for growing? im thinking heavy LST or lollipopping for this 1.

good luck with your plants, im subbed.

smokey