2nd Gig Multistrain 1.6K soil

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Chubbylove, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Lets try this again. I started on the 11th with 6 large starts under a 6 bulb X 4' T5. I just installed my big light yesterday & I'm ramping up the power. Yesterday 300w today 450, in a few days 600 watts, a week 1K & I'll add another light when needed.

I'm using House & Garden & Great White. My room is 4x7x7.

2 Trainwreck
    1 White Widow
    1 Afgu
    1 Big Bud
    1 Pineapple Express

I have a 6" fan for my light & a 4" exhaust with a scrubber(when needed)

BTW this is a 100% legal grow. I'll start tying them down tonight. First pic is some Moby Dick from my first attempt.

Attached Files:

2. Update: Fighting PM. Sprayed with 8.0 water a couple days ago & again today. I ordered a dehumidifier, hopefully it will arrive before the weekend. I'm also did a bunch of thinning today focusing on mildewing leaves. I'm not stressing yet, I'm not even half way through veg. I get control of the humidity then clean up the mess. Thinking about a sulfur burn, can anyone tell me if it stinks much or leaves an after smell? TIA

3. Update: My demumidifier showed up a couple days ago. I'm still battling PM, I will do a sulfur burn Monday when I'm off work. In the meantime I have been pulling them out everyday & douching them with 8.0 water, let them dry for about 15 minutes, spray & wipe down the room before I put them back. My humidity is great now, under 50% always, but my heat is a little high 78-82. I want to get the PM under control before transplanting next weekend. Plan to go to flower shortly after.

4. Here's some pics that didn't load last post.

Attached Files:

5. Freakin a little, set for a sulfur burn. I have gone OCD on everything. I preheated it outside for awhile to get proper setting. This shit stinks BIGTIME. I'm taping up my vents & door to keep it in my room. I'm gonna burn 20 minutes after lights out for 3 hours. I'll let it sit for an hour then exhaust vent for 2 hours before lights on.

I'm doing shots of super strong canna-oil to keep from wiggin. I'll update later.

Attached Files:

6. No worries, the only casualty was my sons fan. I worked out in the front yard & could smell it leaking out the exhaust fan, but no smell in the house. I used about 3/8 of an inch in the pot, it had to be pretty thick.

Attached Files:

7. You should post some pics of the infection! :D

8. I transplanted last night. I took 15 gallons to feed them. The Big Bud was too close to the light after I went to bed. A few sprouts of new growth were burned when I woke. I tied her down, she's growing so much faster than everythings else. The PM doesn't appear to be spreading anymore. This is the best pic I could get.

Attached Files:

9. Damn, I got too agressive with the nutes. At first I thought it was the Big Bud growing too close to the light, but soon realized it was more. Just finished an emergency flush. I hope all is well, we'll see tonight after the light come back on.

Attached Files:

10. K, so I burned about 20% of my tops when I niked too hard during transplant. I think it'll be ok, maybe some stunting. I'm pretty sure all the PM is dead, but I'm doing the third & final burn today to make sure. Tuesday will be when I go to flower & hang my other light.

Attached Files:

11. Update: PM is gone. Nute damage is worse than I'd thought, prolly closer to 35% tops burned but they are bouncing back pretty good. I was able to cut nearly all of it out. I'm currently at 750 watts on my big light & 600 on the small. I put them in flower Monday.

Attached Files:

12. #12 Chubbylove, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
    Day 11 of flower. Pistols popping out everywhere. Ran a little short on a couple nutes. Missed one feeding of Great White before it came in the mail. I ran out of Multi-zen, but only needed it for one more feed before the BudXL begins. I only have a couple of inches of rope left before I'll have to remove the rachet hangers & just use hooks. Done a little supercropping to try to keep them down, but the stretch is crazy. Hope it slow within the week.

I try to cycle my dehumidifier every few hours to keep the moisture out. I bought a Exhale CO2 bag. I got rid of any growth I didn't think would make it to the canapy & most of the singed stuff as well. I may still get a decent crop. I'm ready to start grinding up my stash for cookies. I prefer edibles, but needed to hang on to my last crop incase this one fails. The closer I get to cropping, the more I can eat my stash.

Can't upload at the moment for some reason, I'll try again later.

Attached Files:

13. Starting week 3 of flower. Replaced my rachet hangers with giant zip ties to give me another 6" of clearence. Today was a good test, neighbor came over & we were right next to my grow room. He's the kind of person to immediately say something if he smelled anything. I feel good about that & that he popped in & I was prepared. I try to always clean up everything evertime. Things are looking green.

Attached Files:

• 93b.jpg
      93b.jpg
      File size:
      538.9 KB
      Views:
    • 93c.jpg
      93c.jpg
      File size:
      459.9 KB
      Views:
    • 93d.jpg
      93d.jpg
      File size:
      548.9 KB
      Views:
  14. A new day with new growth. I try to cycle my humidifier on every 3 hours for at least half an hour to keep up with the moisture. See the water on the leaves? That's coming out of the leaves. I rotate the tallest girls under the 600watt light to help the others catch up under the 1K. I'm using Hortilux bulbs.

I'm really excited, it looks like that in spite of my problems (PM) & mistakes (nute burn), I may still salvage a decent crop.

Attached Files:

• 94a.jpg
      94a.jpg
      File size:
      402.4 KB
      Views:
    • 94b.jpg
      94b.jpg
      File size:
      539.8 KB
      Views:
    • 94c.jpg
      94c.jpg
      File size:
      508.4 KB
      Views:

15. Everything still looks good, and you are only in week three of your flowering so you should still have a sizable harvest with what I see you have going on. I am wondering how long did you veg those babies for? :hello:

16. I hope so, I eat like a horse.

Not totally sure, they stayed under a T5 for at least a month before I got them & then I just went on a 5 wk veg/6 wk flower nute cycle. I got 4 more weeks of nutes before I flush.

How is your's doing?

17. This is one of those days that makes life worth living. Home alone all day with no where to go & nothing to do unless I choose. NFL seasons begins. Daddy's little girls ain't so little no mo. Prolly go on a run then swing my sticks for a couple hours.

The last pic of my girls is taken through my Lumii glasses. First pic was taken last night before bed, the rest this morning. Last pic is a few of my favorite things.

Attached Files:

• 95a.jpg
      95a.jpg
      File size:
      525.9 KB
      Views:
    • 95b.jpg
      95b.jpg
      File size:
      481 KB
      Views:
    • 95c.jpg
      95c.jpg
      File size:
      432.1 KB
      Views:
    • 95d.jpg
      95d.jpg
      File size:
      362.3 KB
      Views:
    • 95e.jpg
      95e.jpg
      File size:
      254.4 KB
      Views:
    • 95f.jpg
      95f.jpg
      File size:
      310.9 KB
      Views:
  18. Killer setup dude. I'll definitely be upgrading to a 1k next grow. I'm gonna pull up a chair and watch for a while if you don't mind :)

19. Hi Chubby! Nice grow. Let's see if we can get this thread up and cranking. Peace my friend.

20. #20 Chubbylove, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
    Thanks, glad to have some company. Dallas looks impressive, can't wait for my lights to come on in an hour. I had an timer screw up yesterday &I reset it this morning. Hope it works correctly. I got great news last night, my buddy was able to revive Moby Dick mother. We thought he'd lost the strain. My favorite out of the five strains I had in my last crop.

BTW, girls sucked down 13gls of gas last pit stop.