BCNL Producer meets SCROG meets Grape Krush

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Bumbaclat, Jul 24, 2012.

1. The Grower:

"Allow myself to introduce.........myself"

I'm licensed by Health Canada to use and produce medical cannabis. My license permits me to grow 10 plants and store 450 grams of dried bud. I do not plan on over stepping either of those boundaries. I've had experience with indoor soil grows and hydroponic set-ups (ebb and flow tables specifically). I have no experience with outdoor growing but my license is strictly indoor anyway. My dreams of 8 foot trees will have to remain dreams.

The Hardware:

BC Northern Lights "The Producer"

I'm expecting a delivery today! 355 pounds of Producer Royale. The Royale version of the Producer includes, amongst other things, the Dryer. I'll write a review of that in 3 months.

Why The Producer?

I know the DIY crowd gets their hackles up when somebody (over) pays for one of these boxes. I did a grow myself years ago and here is what I remember; endless trips to Home Depot and equipment purchased and then not used. I've got kids and a career now and I highly value my limited free time. I am aware I can build it for cheaper but i am not that handy and simply put, I don't want to. I know that the guys at BCNL put a nice chunk of that money in their pocket but I'm a capitalist so I don't begrudge them wetting their beaks.

The Strain:

[​IMG]

Vendor's Description:
    Delicious Seeds Fruity Chronic Juice  is another indica cannabis strain from the Delicious Seed bank.  seeds of this variety are a result of breeding experiments with an original strain of White Widow. This new strain has a fresh and floral taste so popular in Dutch coffee shops. 90% indica, this cannabis is said to have a great medical value and is used as a relaxant, effective for anxiety, pain, nausea, appetite stimulation, sleep, muscle spasms and tremors. Like any other indica dominant variety, Fruity Chronic Juice  possesses a strong resistance to mould and mushroom and shows an ability cope well with a mild stress. She produces short dense plants with broad leaves of a dark green shade suitable for indoor and outdoor cultivation. A compact structure makes this plant ideal for gardens where space might be an issue.  Mature plants are very pretty with large flowers turning into chunky nuggets in just 50-55 days. When growing indoors,  seeds of this marijuana variety respond well to all growing methods and produce a yield of 450 gr per m2 after typically indica's 7-8 weeks. Outside harvest starts in the middle of September and is as good as 500 gr of great marijuana per plant. By the end of flowering, a nice floral aroma starts to appear and remains in the cured product. Fruity Chronic Juice is agreed by expects to be in the list of the strongest indica marijuana varieties in the world, her THC content is 17+% with a nice sweet taste. Marijuana of this indica has a relaxing social high, which allows you to sense and feel the environment, but does not lead to thinking or analyzing the experience.  

I had planned on buying clones from my compassion club but they ran out the day before my Producer arrives. I ordered the afore mentioned strain as my Plan B from everybody's favourite website - Attitude. From the description I like the short plants, the short flowering and "fresh and floral" sounds delightful.

Several elements of this grow will be new to me. Ive never grown a SCROG before. I've experimented and used many other training techniques but this will be a first. I've also never used the Producer. Reviews all say it works but it's expensive. I'm fine with the latter as long as it delivers the former. I'm looking forward to getting used to it. I've also never used CO2 before and I'm really excited about that. I'm going to try all three new things in this grow.

I'll post photos tomorrow of the big arrival as well as my attempts at building a screen inside the thing.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice, tips, encouragement, laughter and knowledge!

2. #2 Bumbaclat, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2012
    It arrived! I had to unpack it on the front driveway. It comes with an incredible amount of stuff.

I've got to figure out how to re-size images. The one I just posted was massive.

3. Weee! I'm watching!

4. I partially put it together tonight. I'm expecting the seeds before the end of the week. I hope to soon have photos and updates more interesting than a grow box on a pallet in my front yard. :p

5. Tick tock, where are my seeds? I want to get this show on the road!

6. So do you find yourself visiting your empty producer, kicking the tires, wishing you had seeds?

7. #8 Bumbaclat, Jul 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2012
    Lol, I'm in that frame of mind for sure. I was hoping to get it set up for this weekend.

"aw shucks"
    *kicks a pebble at the empty Producer*

8. Seeds have arrived but the plot thickens. I've been offered clones of DJ Short's Grape Krush. The problem is that they are a 3 hour drive away and may take a week or two. I'm giving myself 24 hours to decide.

Any input is appreciated.

9. What seeds did you get?

10. My strain options are as follows;

Fruity Chronic Juice
    In seed form. Will take longer in veg. Already paid for and at my house. Never smoked it before but heard good things.

DJ Short Grape Krush
    In clone form. 3 hour drive away. Very, very cheap. I adore smoking it.

Compasssion Club: various
    All in clone form. $20 each (expensive). Available close to my work.
    Hazy O.G.
    Hindu Kush
    Pink Kush
    White S1
    Of those four I like Pink Kush the best although I don't think I want to be retarded from marijuana all the time. Kush turns me into a drooling, speechless idiot although a fairly happy one.

Help me pick!

11. Does anybody have any input on how any of these strains will do in a SCROG in a cabinet?

12. I haven't tried any of those strains so Ican't help you there. Do you have the producer plugged in yet?

13. Yep, I did a dry run.

I've made my decision. I'm doing the 3 hour drive for the best genetics. Grape Krush clones. It has a little more sativa then I'm used to but that's not a bad thing.

14. I'd better ask a mod to change the thread title. I'll wait until they are in the box on Sunday.

15. I just got home from 7 hours of driving to pick up three 10" clones of Grape Krush. It's 12:45 am and I've got to get up for work in less than 6 hours. I'll post some photos tomorrow.

16. #17 Bumbaclat, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012
    Thanks smknVTEC for changing the title.

Here they are. Great genetics in mediocre condition. They came from a garden that was grossly under lit. Im going to nurse them back to health. They got a bug spray the day that they travelled. The tallest one is 13' tall. Taller than I'd like for my purposes.
    [​IMG]

I'm going to give them a few days out of the Producer to rid themselves of bugs. I have no reason to believe they have them but I'm being safe. I gave them another Neem bath tonight in the sink.

[​IMG]

They have been getting a few hours in the sun each day to ease them into a well lit life. In the morning they are going in the box under just the CFL light. Two days after that im turning on one of the MH bulbs. Next week the other. I'm leaving them in the soil for another day or two and the transferring them to hydroten. I'm going to cut the tips off all 3 to make clones in a Secret Jardin tent I bought today. That should also shorten them up a bit which will make more sense for a SCROG.

They will be undergoing a variety of stresses in the next week but I'm going to do my best to minimize and manage that.

17. This morning I put them under the CFL in the box.

[​IMG]

18. I've turned on one of the 400 w MH to get them used to more light. Tonight I'm going to cut the top off each one to shorten them up and to start some mother plants. My mother plant is going in a 1'x1'x2' grow tent. I've made a thread in the micro grow forum asking for advice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've built a screen. I've also posted a thread in the training forum asking for advice.

These go on the outside of my box as a back for the magnet. They are held in place solely with magnetic force.

[​IMG]

These are the magnets on the inside of the box. They seem to attach with considerable force when they connect. I've glued hooks to each of them.

[​IMG]

Here is the net in place.

[​IMG]

19. A very nice start.

I look forward to following your grow.