First Grow Purple Haze!!!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by cats21, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Hello everybody! thanks to all you really helpful kind people that have answered all of my questions and pointed me in the right direction. I am starting my first grow. As you read in the thread title I will be growing purple haze seeds that I bought from someone locally. Anyway it has begun!! I am germinating 4 seeds in a shotglass in distilled water in about an 80 degree dark place. This was at 4:30 today. I will check for sunken seeds ever 12 hours than transfer the seeds to a moist paper towel to finish the germination. Everybody subscribe to my thread and follow me ! I will be keeping all you updated frequently and be posting lots of pictures. Well wish me luck!! Ill keep you guys posted

2. Cats21, Check the shotglass every 3-4 hours instead of every 12. what is your seedling mix compsoed of ?

3. Thanks for the advice I just checked the seeds all were floating. I poked them in case the air bubbles were holding them and 2 of the 4 seeds sunk. should I keep them in there until tomorrow morning to see if the others sink than transport them to paper towels?

And im using Ocean Forest Potting soil

4. Hope the shotglass is not in direct sunlight and is warm.
    I myself would wet paper towel them right away but to each his own.
    Should se some tap roots poke out by tomorrow

I'm in the camp that your soil is too hot for just a little seedling.
    But that may be just my opinion.

Anyways I'm pulling up a seat for your dank.

5. will u be growing inside or outside?

good luck buddy
    im subbed in

6. thanks guys ! and tommy im growing inside

7. UPDATE: 3 of the 4 seeds sunk. Im just going to transfer them to a damn paper towel and keep them in a ziplock bag

8. do you guys think i should wait for the roots to poke through or just plant them since theyve been wet for 20 hrs now?

9. Wait for taps man. Patience is one of the hardest aspects to master when it comes to growin dope.

10. jsut checked again. no signs of roots:/

11. #11 mr diesal, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2012

12. thats how i did it. you should be good.

13. alright guys. i had my seeds germinating on top of my kitchen cabinet in a closed box.... i dont think it was warm enough. so i just put the box on top of my water heater which produces some heat. i also put 5 more seeds in a shotglass and am keeping it on the water heater.incase the first ones dont germ.. i dont understand why i dont eveb see the seeds crack yet its almost been 2 days

14. I've had some take like 5 days before anything.

15. yea I agree with hemi4spd, not a seeds germinate in 2 days, some occasions can take up to 10 days to germinate.. mine took about 5 or 6 days

16. okay, ill wait longer. I jsut checked the temperature of where im keeping the seeds its a constant 83-85 degrees

17. Update: 2 seeds from shot glass opened up and could see the beginning of a root. Planted them both in Ocean Forest soil at 9:30 this morning. Right now they are under 2 60 watt cfls. Should I make a humidity dome over the cups till they sprout or no?

18. Nope
    they aren't clones

19. thank you:)

20. Update: Just did a check, the humidity in my grow box is 62-65 and my temp is 90 (with lights on) is that okay?