First Gig

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Chubbylove, Apr 23, 2012.

1. #1 Chubbylove, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2012
    Flower Room: 4'X7'X7' basement
    Ballasts: 1K watt dimmable ipower style, Quantum 600 watt dimmable
    Bulbs: Chinese crap
    Nutes: H&G, Great White, Thanatos
    Filter: Can-Filter CAN 9000 4"x24"
    Hood: 6" Sunleaves 40"x30"
    Fans: Ostberg CK4C 181CFM (exhaust)
    HydraFarm 6" 400cfm (lights)
    Strains: White Widow, Big Bud, Afgoo, Jack Herer, Green Krack

I started a legal grow 10 days ago. It was kinda short notice, so I crammed my brain & jammed in my flower room. I have a close friend that started his medical grow a few years ago & has some great strains. I decided to go with the advice of the local indoor shop, he said he'd give me all the advise I need. I'm doing H&G without the Nitogen Boost, Amino treatment or Magic Green at this point, also using Great White.

Attached Files:

2. Mom is White Widow from seed, it's my favorite strain. Here's my girls, first two are Afgoo, next two are Big Bud, Fifth is Green Crack & bringing up the rear is my runt, Jack Herer.

Attached Files:

3. Lookin good man, the afgoo is delicious :smoke:

If I could only throw a bit of advice out there man, improve on your environmental standards.

Your babies will thrive if you lower the temps from the 80F in that pic to about 72...specially your indicas...and throw a cheap $40 humidifer next to those babies and improve that a bit...the jump from your 36% to about 50-55% will be well worth the money...

Btw, is your ducting going through your hood and the open end in the pic is the intake? Couldnt quite tell

Should start training too!

Ill be watchin :)

4. Thanks man, my temps are usually around 74, I'll try the humidifier. My 6" comes in from a rec area, goes through the light, fan, the exits inside a muffled cabnet. I have the 4" pulling the hot air off the glass, going through the fan & out a chimney. I know I'll probable have to increase my chimney vent to 6" & switch things around.

I'm trying to build my veg & mother room right now. My master looked at my pics & told me we would transplant next weekend & put them to flower 3 days later. Right now I have a 1K dimmable, I hope to squeeze another hood & light into my flower room for the 600 watt qauntum dimmable that's in the mail.

5. Awesome, pics are loading. Veg room is nearly complete, need to get some mylar for it & my flower room. I moved everything in my flower room to one end to get ready to hang a 22x22" hood next to my 40x30" Sunleaves. I have installed an additional 6" vent into my chimney to dump all the hot light air when needed. Jack Herer next to the lighter. I don't have a bic, I only use torches. The close up is my Twin Big Bud bitches. It's not my favorite strain, but still very good. I'll start transplanting soon, then clone a few days later if things go well.

Attached Files:

6. Transplanted yesterday & added a 600 watt light for my unruly White Widow bitch. With the extra vent, it only raised my temps a couple degrees to about 76. I need to tidy up & tweek my set up over the next few days. I have a 600 & 1K watt Hortilux coming in the mail.

Attached Files:

7. Loading pics is hit & miss for me.

Attached Files:

8. The Widow was getting too tall, so I mangled her down to size with some nylon cord. I got sick of blocking everything up to her level. The pots were killing my back so I built some dolleys. I wanted to get my can hung today, but won't need it till at least next week. I really have no fucking idea what I'm doing, but it sure is a great timesink when I need one.

Attached Files:

9. I had to yank my green crack, the plant I got the cut from went hermie. It wasn't showing me the female hairs the other plants have, so I was suspicious & told my buddy & when he checked his it was hermie.

He gave me a Moby Dick youngling, but it will have a lot of catching up to do & a very short time until I send them to flower. I have split the stalk on my big Widow & just taped it up with medical tape. I'm trying to be more gentle in keeping her hieght down with the others.

Attached Files:

10. Looking good! Our plants are about the same size, but yours are growing far faster than mine. You have much more light than me haha. Good luck man I'll keep watch, I want to see them finished!

11. Day 30, prolly put them in flower tomorrow. My little Moby Dick ain't ready, too bad. I'll throw in a couple of carnage pics, girls are fine though. I installed Hortilux 1K & 600 watt hps bulbs.

Attached Files:

12. Day 33, day 2 of flower. I can't believe I haven't burned my Moby Dick, I start the BudXL tomorrow & I got her nute intake about caught up with the rest in this short period. Everything is exploding, prolly lost a bud site due to growth into the fan on my Widow, she sucks up nearly twice the nutes & I have to water her between feedings, what an incredible plant! Card pic is afgu.

Attached Files:

13. #13 sourjello73, May 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2012
    We started flowering the exact same night. Although yours are quite a bit bigger than mine. Glad to hear your babies are doing good. They look less droopy than before. And are extremely bushy! I'd trim some of those fan leaves up top to allow light to get to lower branches! But not everyone agrees with my methods. Lookin great homie! Can't wait to see em finished. We may finish roughly at the same time. Stay posted!

14. The girls are fed, bathed, & put to bed. They are really sucking up the nutes, I went through 8.5 gallons this feeding. The widow took over 2gl. Good thing supplies showed up yesterday. I did a little thinning last light.

Attached Files:

15. Looks incredible! Great even canopy top!

16. #16 Chubbylove, May 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2012
    Thanks man, the growth is freakish even in the last 13 hours. I can't imagine using the amino treatment, nitrogen boost & magic green, but I hope to next time. :D One of my girls has a couple leaves streaking yellow & curling, I'll pull her out tomorrow after she's dryed out & take a closer look. Prolly just me being too rough I hope.

Attached Files:

17. Day36, day6 of flower.

Girls got trimmed up today, got a before & after of Big Bud #2. Jack ain't the runt anymore, but I couldn't be more please with how Moby Dick is doing considering I've only had her two weeks. I wear size 10 & one more carage pic of my widow stalk I split several weeks ago. I wish I had more time to read, maybe Tuesday.

Attached Files:

18. Lookin good! On some tree trunk status! Djarum blacks all day too man! That what the first non-cannabis thing I had ever smoked and I loved em :)

19. Where's me flowers? The White Widow is HUGE!!! My canopy is almost full.

Attached Files:

20. Before & after significant trimming, except the widow. Cuttings are a little over a days worth of growth off the bottoms.

Attached Files: