400W+4x2x2 Grow Tent+Canna Range+THC Snow Feminized

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MarquisGemini, Mar 31, 2012.

1. #1 MarquisGemini, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    Blank Blanky the blank

2. #2 MarquisGemini, Apr 7, 2012
    Blank

3. Hey Marquis,

I’ll try to offer what little help I can, but as you know I’m on my first grow. I can see why you were trying to get the light closer; they look very stretched. As you mentioned THC Snow is an Indica dominate strain and they should be bushy not tall and lanky. The stretching is easy to fix with the proper light height and it seems like you’re on the right path by raising it. I’d recommend using the CFL’s you have on hand if they are in the 5000-6500k range. I had a bit of stretch too in the early seedling growth stage, but I backfilled dirt around the stem. The stem will become part of the root system (from what I was reading) and you’ll get a lot more support for the top that way. That should be the easy fix.

As far as the yellowing goes, there are so many possible causes, anything from pH lockout to lack of nutrients in the soil, to god knows what else. First off, I’d say no to feeding them yet. In my mind that would only compound your problems. We need to capture as much info as possible to determine the cause of the yellowing. To start with you need to be specific about all your environmental factors (temp, humidity, air intake, exhaust etc) as well as your watering schedule (water pH, how often you water, how you test the pH of the water, tds of the water, do you let the water sit a few days to evaporate chlorine, etc). Also what is the exact composition of your soil medium? My guess is that will be a major factor in determining what’s going on. You mentioned your target pH range was 6.5-7. Are you adjusting the pH of your water then letting it sit overnight and retesting before you water? I’d ask about runoff water pH, but I’m not personally sold on the idea that you can accurately tell what the root zone pH is by runoff or that you should adjust your watering pH based on runoff. Having said that, we do need to get an idea of what the actual pH of your soil is. You can make a slurry of 1 part soil to 5 parts distilled 7.0 pH water and let that sit overnight then test it for pH. That should be your soil pH and after you know that you can start to take steps to adjust it. Unfortunately, I’m not sure what this steps will be, but at least we will have a baseline to work with.

I think you need to post these issues along with the info I asked you under the sick plant section. I’m sure I overlooked some important questions and/or factors that might be causing the yellowing. You will need to keep bumping the post to keep it on the front page for better visibility. Like you said the only dumb questions are the unasked ones…so lets get you some answers!!

Oh, one thing: STOP sending us Foster’s! Why can’t you export more VB? Keeping all the good stuff for yourselves? lol

4. any feeback on this strain? what you think it will yield etc?

5. I have this strain on its way! I hope its as goods as advertised! Any follow up's here would be grand!

Happy Growing! :)

6. #6 MarquisGemini, Jun 16, 2012
    BBB

7. #7 MarquisGemini, Jun 16, 2012
    B

8. #8 MarquisGemini, Jun 17, 2012
    B

9. Looking good man. Glad to see you're back. I just harvested mine, 100 days from seed to finish. I'm looking to weigh my flowers here in a day or two after I trim them off the branches and get ready to jar them. My trim off 6 plants was a little over 1 1/4 oz, but I was pretty selective with what went into the trim pile.

Keep up the good work!

10. Gday MG they look to be doing it a bit tough man. How's your ventilation?

11. #11 MarquisGemini, Jun 24, 2012
    B

12. #12 MarquisGemini, Jun 24, 2012
    B

13. [quote name='"MarquisGemini"']Hey OZ good to see another Australian.
    [/quote]

There's a few of us on here:)
    What kind of soil are you using?

14. #14 MarquisGemini, Jun 24, 2012
    B

15. I'm thinking its just nute burn and maybe a bit of heat stress, pics back on the 18th? She looks much better than after feeding on the 22nd the tips are browning and curling, you sound to be feeding/watering on a schedule, I'm not sure if you mentioned what area of aus your in but with these winter temps I know I'm only watering less than once a week sometimes.

Now this is just what I'd do.
    If your feeding full strength I'd probably drop it back to half of whatever your giving once shes dried right out and monitor the change then adjust from there, prob get some cal-mag into her too.
    Youve got plenty of room and the tools to do the business so keep at it.

Oz

16. #16 MarquisGemini, Jun 24, 2012
    B

17. #17 MarquisGemini, Jul 1, 2012
    B