500w CFL 4/(6) plants autoflower tent grow.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Indicush, Feb 29, 2012.

1. #1 Indicush, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2012
    Hey doods,

Been a long time since I last posted a grow journal (2 years or so). Having my plants stolen for the second time kinda put me off it for a while. But since the new law in the UK has gone through that makes growing under 9 plants pretty harmless I figured why not.

My little autoflowers are MATARO BLUE, WHITE DWARF, BLUE MYSTIC, and BCN DIESEL. (Although the BCN diesel isn't looking too likely as the seed hasn't popped through the soil yet but we'll see.)
    They're all 4 days old at the moment. I'm about to add 3 SYRUP autoflowers into the tent too, just need to begin germinating them.

Set-up is:

- a 1x75x75 grow tent / 'BudBox', I got for £90 at my local hydro store.
    - Two 250w Blue spectrum CFL bulbs, also getting two 250w red spectrum CFLs for flowering.
    - A two slot "Powerplant" light reflector to mount the two 250w's.
    - 2 None oscillating fans, one medium size one small (desk fan).
    - An RVK 100m3/per hour Extractor fan.
    - A 4" intake fan.
    - 2 Lengths of ducting, one 4" that goes into the loft and it connected to what used to be a chimney, this is used with a small 4" intake fan used to get fresh air inside the tent.
    - The other (5") is used as extraction from the RVK, the air is extracted deep into the loft away from the intake.
    - Four 6.5L pots filled with canna bio terra soil.
    - Nutrients being / to be used are all of the canna-bio range.
    - The PH of my tap water is around 6.2-6.5 so that's all good.

I'll add some pictures up real soon, just letting the tent warm up to see if the extractor I bought today has worked, as I've been having some major heat issues.

Ciao for now.

Indi

2. Lil update before I add some pictures later this eve.
    I've added 3 Autoflower Syrup seeds (Buddha seeds) to the tent, all 3 have sprouted, after just one night of being placed in the root riots I used.

The BCN Diesel still isn't looking good as the root tail has not grown in 2/3 days now. I've had to place one of the Syrup's in the same pot along side it as I did not have space for 7 of the pots I'm using.

So yeah pictures will be up as soon as I can get my ass out of here and go pick up my hopefully not broken phone from le O2 shop.

Indi

3. Hey hey!
    So time for the first pictures of the journal :hello:
    They just woke up so it's a little cold in there at the mo but the temperature gets to a nice 27/28c after a few hours :D

Picture 1 - The bud box
    Picture 2 - Looking through the window of the box
    picture 3 - shot of the air intake with the thermometer sat ontop
    Picture 4 - Set of 2 desk fans blows the hot air out from under the CFL's and towards the extraction.
    Picture 5 - I blocked off the end of the air intake and made small holes along the ducting in order to release the fresh cold air all along the plants, the cool air is also being blown over the plants via the 2 fans. The holes get larger the further away they get from the intake fan in order to spread the air around evenly.
    Picture 6 - Shot of the pretty little Blue Mystic at 10 days old.
    Picture 7 - Shot of the impressive Mataro Blue at 10 days old.
    Picture 8 - Shot of the powerful White Dwarf at 10 days old also.
    Picture 9 - The two 250w Blue spectrum CFL's soon to be replaced with two 250w Red Spectrum for flowering.
    And Finally picture 10 - The most advanced Syrup seedling at just 1 ½ days old from planting.

Attached Files:

4. Yo, quick update. :hello:

Day 11 of the three and day 2 of the syrups :)

Seems the small amount of nutes I'm giving them all is having a nice effect on growth so far. Using 8ml of 'Canna-start' per 2 Litre and feeding them every 3 days or so.

So here we have:
    Pic 1 - Mataro blue. Best of the bunch so far, when germinating the root grew so fast and extremely long over just 2 days, so looks to have pretty decent genetics. Looking forward to seeing her buddage.

Pic 2 - Blue mystic Looks slightly more sativa'y than the mataro blue going by the looks of the leaves.

Pic 3 - White Dwarf. The pure indica in the three older girls.

Pic 4 - One of the three little Syrup plants, only took one picture as they all look pretty much the same at the moment :p

Pic 5 - Some tasty AK47 I got off a friend of mine last night. Havn't had such a heavy wake 'n bake in a long time :D

Will update soon, hopefully get some people interested! :wave:

Indi

Attached Files:

5. Day 12 / Day 3 update! :p

Growth on the older ladies is pretty intense right now.
    They're all on a 18/6 light cycle which will switch to 14/10 for flowering, as im doing a little experiment, due to the Mataro blue not actually being auto flower.

So, PICTORS:

1) Mataro blue
    2) New inner leaves for the Mataro Blue
    3) Blue Mystic
    4) White dwarf
    5) Syrup #1

Hoping to begin / notice flowering within a few weeks.

Cheers guys,

Indi :wave:

Attached Files:

6. One picture UPDATE! :cool::hello:

Every lady still looking healthy 'n happy

This pic's of 1 of the syrup seedlings and the three 13 day old plants.

White dwarf top left
    syrup #3 top right
    Blue mystic bottom left
    Mataro blue bottom Right

Attached Files:

7. Guys I have a decision to make, and I need your help.

For flowering, I need to get 2 red spectrum 250W CFL's which will cost me £90, however I could get a 250w HPS for £80... Although that would make the whole CFL set obsolete as it's a dual spectrum bulb. So I'd need to sell the set I've bought, any ideas where I could sell such a kit?

Also, which would be better for yield and growth etc? The 250w HPS, or 500w CFL.

Thanks dudes and dudettes,

Indi

8. I would go for the hps your growth and yield would be boosted.

9. Cheers for your input matey.

Just trying to think of a way of using the CFL's if I got the HPS. Guess I could make a vegging tent but I think 500w is a little over kill? :confused:

10. I don't think 500w is overkill...If you not having troubles with heat I would cram in as much W as possible :smoke:

11. Yeah heat is no issue what so ever.

Do you mean with keeping the 500w (moving to red spectrum) or using 500w for a vegging chamber of some sort?

Would there even be any point re-using the CFLs as the HPS should do the job just as well or would having blue spectrum CFL's be better for vegging?

12. If you get an hps, I would still use the cfls together. 1250w sounds fantastic to me lol. If your going perpetual; I would put 500w of both spectrum's in veg and 750w of both spectrum's in flower. I like to keep both spectrum's the entire grow but its really personal preference.

13. My tent is very small, it wouldnt fit both the CFL's and a HPS in :p , plus the CFL's need to be much closer than the HPS so would end up getting in the way I think, especially with the giant PowerPlant Reflector I have.

The HPS Im looking to get is a Dual Spectrum so would have both spectrum's throughout ...

Really I just need a way of selling the CFL reflector and one of the bulbs, that way I can have a simple 250w CFL setup for veg, (as im planning on growing autoflowers for a while), and 250w HPS for flowering.

On another note, trying to keep the electricity bill small so 1250w would be a lil much ;)