Second grow! Follow along 4x4 1000W Humboldt blue dream and Dinafem blue cheese

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Yupthatguy, Feb 23, 2016.

1. #1 Yupthatguy, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2016
    Hello everyone I'm new to the forum page I got my first grow set up with some bag seed growing right now(waiting on seeds).

48x48x82 Apollo grow tent

1000w Apollo MH/HPS grow light with cooling hood

440cfm fan with variable speed controller

Carbon filter

Box fan

15-18 days old in the pics I feel my plants are alittle behind schedule comments please! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  2. You have your temp control monitored? 16-18 hours of light?

• Like Like x 1
  3. What kind of soil are you in? Kinda looks like amended backyard dirt.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. You've got some kickass circulation with 2x 20" box fans, I love it. Hope the exhaust fan keeps your temps down if you only got one, I would have problems if I wasn't running 2 of them.

Soil could probably use some more perlite and I would use the biggest pots you can fit in there for flowering. You can get the light a lot closer too, my 1kw is only 32" above some fresh sprouts, open hood with 10 gal pots.

Lot of potential with that setup, I'm sure you're going to take full advantage of it. Cheers bro [​IMG]

5. Thank you for the comments so far! I'm new to the app so I just found where to check the post lol the soil is some top soil from a local dirt supply ph around 6.5 mixed with natures care organic potting mix perlite and vermiculite I know it's not the best soil but on a budget now that I spent the money on the setup. I can regulate my temp to whatever I want from 60F to 100F I have a rigged portable ac unit with ducting to the bottom of the tent I raised the light recently because I read somewhere that my light was way to close and I had it about 34" I'll lower it back down. I have the 3 gallon pots for now until I can sex them. Day 21 for the oldest ones are they on track? Here's some new pics from this morning[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Also I am on a 18/6 schedule right now using dyna grow foliage pro at 1/8 teaspoon/gal 1000w air cool hood 3gal pots

7. They would be further along at this point if you had started them out in smaller containers...like Solo cups. Keeping the root space confined as they are small and coming up will force the foliage to grow faster. Also, improper watering habits will slow them up as well. These plants need a defined wet/dry cycle as they grow in order to force the roots to search out the container for what they need thereby creating a larger root ball and stronger plant. Allow the plant to completely dry out...to the point it feels like it did when you loaded it with dry soil, before you give it anymore water. Good soil, proper watering habits and management of the pH of any liquids going into your plants to a range of 6.3 to 6.7 for soil grows, will carry you through veg nicely. If you're using the right kind of soil...which would be a formulated grow soil or a mix created from a proven organic recipe, the soil will hold enough nutrients in it to get you down the road a good ways into the veg cycle. That's another reason potting them up from small containers to larger as they grow is good. You get fresh soil with each repot and with that, fresh nutrients. Read the new grower threads on the forum. There are several for new inexperienced growers posted there that contain the basics needed to grow these things without having stress fits. Good luck! TWW

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yea I had them in smaller pots before but they were those ones you plant straight into new bucket but the tap roots were beginning to come through the bottom of the cups so I switched to the 3gal pots

• Like Like x 1
  9. [​IMG][​IMG] here's some good info I keep in my grow room

Sent from my SM-N920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 5
  10. [​IMG] it's always good to have reference papers when your first starting out and for experienced growers

Sent from my SM-N920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  11. Nice set up to start out with man . Good luck bro . I'm subbed

• Like Like x 1
  12. #13 Ant Dog, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2016
    You gonna kick ass with that 1000 watt hid .. I run a 1000 watt hps In a 4 x 4 as well

• Like Like x 2
  13. Thank you guys so much! Question I've been told to add more perlite to the soil what is the easiest way to go about doing that?

• Like Like x 1
  14. I would prob just wait to you repotted

• Like Like x 1
  15. My plants seem to be alittle wet maybe? Please help!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. they look small enough to what you could dig them out and put them into some better soil . Just try to dig deep enough to where you don't disturb the roots to much .. Put them to some better draining soil maybe . That's what I would do

• Like Like x 1
  17. So I went ahead and moved a fan blowing on the soil and dug down about an inch or two around the whole plant and mixed up the soil its damp but not soaked? Think I'm going to let them ride for a few days and see what happens before moving them again because I just moved them into those 3gal a few days ago

• Like Like x 1
  18. Well it's been a bit since I last checked in with the site being down and everything well y'all understand lol here's pics of the girls (so I'm hoping) lol I have since planted two feminized seed one White Widow x Big Bud and one Blue Dream. I'm thinking about topping and lst the two biggest ones soon if it's not a good idea yet please let me know the stems are about as big as half of a # 2 pencil in thickness if that makes sense lol Comments and suggestions are encouraged! If there are any negative comments you can just save your time thanks in advance! hit it up!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  19. Looks good bro, I'd give em another couple days to a week, wait for that new growth to come out and top it there.

Fire up that 1kw!! :bongin:

• Like Like x 2