Multiple plants in one container grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BigLife247, Jun 17, 2017.

1. #1 BigLife247, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    Growing multiple plants in one container to save space or grow on a budget.

A lot of growers claim that growing multiple plants in one pot is not a good idea. I'm here to tell you that growing like this is very possible. This will only work if you start from seed. This can be done with reg,fem and bag seeds.. This method is similar to a 12/12 from seed with a 3-4 veg.
    This is my third time growing with this method. First two times I was broke. This time it's an experiment. I will attempt to grow better than the first two times I tried this.

I'm using 19 gallon plastic totes made for clothes ect. Use no more than 10 plants per 10 gallons..
    Start seeds as regularly in cups or cubes. ect. Veg for 1.5 weeks then transplant .
    Keep in mind because this grow works well with sativa dominate trains you will only need to veg for a short period of time.

Week 1.5 -2, plants have been transplanted to final container. Sepreate far as possible yet aligned evenly. I have 15 plants in one container 3 rows of 5. As they grow you will need to train them away from one another.
    As your plants grows the leaves get bigger and because the plants are close they will begin to stretch in week two because no light can reach the bottom of the canopy and stem. So they will elongate from competing for light. You can stop this with more light.
    This is good for your grow because with a little stretch you can train the plants apart using space outside the container by pulling them outward. I like to top or fem my plants at this time. Being 2.5 weeks. Also because in this grow I am using bag seeds like most bag seeds they are either pure sativa or a sativa dominate hybrids with some indicas mixed in . FYI this grow method works best with sativa dominate hybrids and pure sativas because they generally don't get as busy as indicas after topping... I suggest topping at two and a half weeks. Depending on if they begin to stretch to much I squeeze stem lightly every other day to make them heal and slow down vertical growth until the shoots begin to take off after topping. You don't want them to stretch to much because your plants will produce less bud. This is already a low yield grow method. So that would not help.

This will be week three from seed.
    Your plants are recovering. Its best not to feed your plants at this time. Nutes may be harmful if your plants are already stressed to young.
    At week three and a half begin feeding again. You should see your new tops growing steady. At this point you will train the plants further apart because the leaves will widen up because we toped the plant. So vertical growth has slowed. Use what ever method you like to train the plants apart.but only top once. You don't want to slow growth any further. 4 week veg Then begin flowering.

Will post pics of veg step by step. After this post. Then I will continue to update week to week switching them to Flowering sunday.
    : Nutrients used
    .root organics surge
    .cal-mag
    Feed once a week start with cal-mag in week 1. Only a quarter of the recommended dose.

Week 2 start with a quarter dose of root organics. Use full dose of cal-mag.

Week 3 use full doses of both cal-mag and root organics.
    Water twice per week depending on the size of your container. Feed once and the second time just water . Repeat week1-week4

When males show only cut off the vegetation and male parts leaving just 1 fan leaves behind. If you keep the stem long the root will take a while to die. Decreasing any chance of root rot.
    Out of 15 plants you may have 7 female plants. You the train them apart as needed. The plants will not get root bound. Because there are 7 plants left sharing on container they will fight over nutes. All you have to do is feed feed feed! Give them as much as they can handle.
    The plants will grow as if they are in there own separate container.

Yields depend on strain
    1-3 ounces per plant dry.
    Give or take a half pound to a whole pound from a 19 gallon pot in 9-12 Flowering depending on strain. some sativas will take longer to finish. Chop down accordingly.
    This grow is being done outdoor. When I Flower the plants it will be from 8am-8pm plants are put in a dark shed that is shaded by a tree during dark hours.
    KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS AN EXPERIMENT. IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM AM I CLAIMING THAT THIS IS A EFFICIENT WAY OF GROWING.

I finally decided to sign up to one of these forms and post something that could be useful

2. Pics from seed to week 4 from seed

Attached Files:

3. The thing is you dont need that many plants shoved in the same container fighting eachother for nutes and space. On the cheap you would be better running 2 plants as you would 10 as you are limited by amount of light you can provide. More plants doesnt equal more yeild alot of people have a hard time with that concept. But hey to each their own. Also my sativas exploded after topping, all this slow in growth i dont really get i think you may have lighting issues, also when plants are topped they bush out. You have alot of backwards logic going on here whats your lights temps soil ph ect.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. How many threads are you going to make on this? That's way to many plants in one container, nobody says you can't do that, it's just not the way to do it. There's zero benefits, and that's looks absolute ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Plants are outside. This grow is for people with little to no money. Bag seed growers.

6. I've grown 2 plants in one container and it does not come close to what I yields with this method. I should have stated this is based on a 12/12 method. With 3-4 week veg. I've also seen other threads where growers got the same results. I will add links.

7. 12/12 from seed plant when give space almost always yields me over 2 ounces if done properly. I'm not giving bad advice. Trying to show unfortunate people how to grow with little to nothing. A lot growers use 12/12 from seed with veg because it yields these results.

8. I personally wouldn't put that many plants into 1 container, but I'm here to see the various methods people try. Good luck man and I hope someone out there finds this useful and provides them the motivation to try. Subbed

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  9. You are doing this community a disservice by recommending this. this is a bad idea for many reasons.. the most obvious being:

plants do not like to share light .. it decreases overall yield (you would get more/better product with 1 plant vs 2,3, 4 etc..
    plants do not like to share root space ... same reason

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Yea i think this is a poor way to demonstrate cheap effective yeild

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. I don't know what to say honestly.. there are so many false statements I'm not sure where to begin.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. How can netting over a pound from bag seed with this method be wrong? These plant are on a 12-12 from seed schedule. Like my other two grows with this method they don't require the root space that a plant grown normally would.
    I appreciate all of the input. I understand the do and don't of marijuana. But you guys need to understand there are acceptions to the rule sometimes. This method being one of those. My plants don't compete for light because the are trained apart to that the light covers like sea of green. No plants are choked out. None. I will continue to post pics and update.

Attached Files:

13. I could get 2 oz off 1 plant in a 1 gallon container no prob, this method is foolish and a waste of seeds

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. When it's finished and I have proven that this method works,people will say I'm lucky. I will admit this method dose require more attention because you have to move leaves and LST the plant apart everyday. The plant just came out of the shed an hour ago. .
    And if you have never done 12–12 in large pots you can't understand the results of this method.

Attached Files:

16. 1 good plant grown in a container half that size would prob do way better...imo

• Like Like x 2
  17. I'm sure than you can get 2oz out of 1 gallon. This is a bag seed grow. When males are determined they are removed. So 7 plants in 19 gallons hav gotten me over a pound from bag seeds. The grow is outdoor so the plant get the light that they need. You should grow in separate pots I agree with that. 1000 percent. But if you are broke and don't have space to grow and you can't have separate pots all over the place. This method works.
    If the plant are getting 2oz plus per plant how is this bad. Most more than 2.

18. Let me just say I don't recommend this for growers who are established. There way better ways to grow and achieve awesome results. This method is for the desperate. FYI my other grows are not done with this method because I have the resources to grow properly

19. But you would need to veg 3months or more to get a pound outdoor from one. These are bags seeds. If you luck up with good quality your winning if you get a pound .3 and half month later and you've used one container a few bucks on nutes and now you have a pound

• Disagree Disagree x 1