Dying leaves

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by grnthmbs, Jul 1, 2017.

1. My two bottom leaves are drooping and turning yellow/brown but the others look decently healthy. It's only two weeks old with two sets of leaves. Should I remove the dying leaves in order to keep these leaves from "stealing" the available nutrients from the rest of the plant or would this shock my baby and cause more damage?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Can we some pics of the plant?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

3. PICS hello ? wtf are we looking at?

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

4. Photo would really help but it is the plant stealing the life from the leaves, depending on how far gone they are by removing the leaves before you correct the issue (if there is one) you are robbing the plants source of nutrition so it will be forced to move up to the next leaves

5. Some info on your grow....soil or hydro, have you given nutrients, do you wait till the plant is totally dried out before watering again (hint, hint). Most likely it's over watering but that's just a guess since you give us nothing to go on. Most new growers water their plants way before they need it and give nutes when they don't. Got to fill us in some though. TWW

6. Sorry guys the phone died on me and I wasn't around a charger. My soil is organic and no nutes have been added. The soil however tho is cheap stuff with wood chips and I will be changing the soil upon transplanting to the next size pot. I've been watering whenever the soil is dry about an inch to an inch and a half down (between my first and second knuckle).[​IMG]

7. easy bet is to transplant immediately...tô a good soil and perlite meant for growing pot..then just give it water make sure the runoff ph is in the right range..(6.5 -7.2) and let it grow a bit more before feeding it anything. those spots could be bugs attacking it ..or the soil is just too hot the ph way too low...again...more info is needed ..ph,ec, temps, lighting etc.
    good luck and good grows keep us posted

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. Looks like over watering. Is that two weeks from when you put the seed in or two weeks from when it popped the surface?

9. Overwatered, and woodchips are not good as a cannabis medium. What are you using for lighting?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

10. Two weeks from being planted

11. 40 watt cfl. Nothing meant for growing or anything special. I was kinda thrown into this unexpectedly and just slapped together what I had to use and now that I got my toes wet i don't want her to die on me lol

12. OK well that should hold it for now, stop over watering. Let it dry up until its very light then water again. Also try not to get leafs wet to much as the water acts as a magnification and causes those burn spots. Also invest in a better lights.

13. So back to the original question, should I remove those dying leaves or not? No one gave a direct answer due to my lack of info lol

14. You have hardly none, leave them alone. They are not the issues in current.

15. Alright thanks for the info and help! Will get her transplanted into some good soil as soon as I can get my hands on it!

16. Thats growing real slow. Heres mine 2 weeks from planting. Day 14.
    I would get some better soil and ph the water. Let it dry pretty good. They love it
    20170630_155622.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. #18 Upinsmoke420365, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. The light I'm running now is sitting over one plant in a small cabinet style box about 4 in above the leaves itself. It's a 5000K bulb and 1200 lumens. I'm also trying to stay on a pretty small budget considering I only have one plant. I'm using this baby as a learning experience before upscaling any larger. What light would you recommend?

19. Mars hydro 300w for 1 plant.