Perpetual happiness

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by smokeandfly1224, Jan 6, 2020.

1. It's been a few years but I'm back at it. I set up a 4x8 veg room with 12 qb144s running about 680watts. Temp stays between 71 and 75 humidity is usually between 30 and 50% depending on if its watering day or not. Ventilation is an old 435cfm inline fan I cant remember the brand but I wanna say it's a durabreeze
    I have a 14"x12"x6' cabinet the top and bottom shelves a for all my amendments and the middle section has 1 little CFL and 1 little led bulb( the 6watt house light bulbs) over a seedling tray for cloning and seed starting. Idk what the temp is but I know it's perfect because I get 100% success rate on clones always within 10 days and humidity is super high obviously because clone with just jiffy pods and a propagation dome.
    My flower room is 8x8 but I only use about 6x6 so I can get to all the plants easily. For lighting right now I'm running a 1k hps over 4 plants when I move the next set of plants into flower I'll have a second 1k hps since its perpetual there will always be 8 to 12 plants in flower I haven't decided if I'm gonna do sets of 4 or 6 but right now it's just 4 at a time. I plan to switch the hps lights 2k watts of qb96s but that wont be until spring. Lights on temps are between 78 and 82 and lights off is usually around 72 but I have a space heater set on the economy setting so it kicks on when its necessary. Ventilation is a 6in ac infinity but I'm gonna upgrade to the 8in with temp and humidity control because I feel like the second hps is gonna push the temps a little to high.

My medium is no-till organic soil that I mixed from the no-till thread recipe and I've been using old #7 smartpots I had but I just got 5 #25s so I'm pretty excited about that but itll be a slow transition because I need to mix another 6 cubic feet of soil.

For nutrients I've been experimenting with knf( korean natural farming) and my plants really seem to love it but I also topdress with kelp, neem, and malted barley once a month and I water in silica,full-power, coconut and tm7 or builasoils big 6 mix once every 2 weeks and I water with aloe after transplants or when a plant starts to show signs of slow growth.

For strains right now I'm running Thc bomb from Bomb seeds
    Blueberry og from Barneys
    I'm part of the comparative grow with the vault and dutch passions so I have fruit passion from them
    I also have to c4 autos from fastbuds growing at the moment but for some reason I cant grow autos to save my life so the blackberry auto and sixshooter auto seeds i have will be grown outside this spring so they dont take up my indoor space
    I'll post some more pics later but here's one of the veg room 20200106_121906.jpg

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Here's some more pics. Sorry for the hps pics I'll get better pics before lights on in a couple days when I folier feed.

The baby's went into soil today and the strains are labeled. The pot with 2 plants is 2 c4 autos that are 3 weeks but I suck at growing autos so idk why they are so small, and all the rest are clones of thc bomb that are about 3 weeks old. Then in flower there is 1 thc bomb that's 8 weeks today and 3 that are 3 weeks. I kept them in veg for 4 weeks but I'm not happy with the size so now I'm keeping them for 10 weeks so my cycle will be off a little for 5 week harvests but after a couple runs itll work itself back right 20200106_211718.jpg 20200106_211625.jpg 20200106_211503.jpg 20200106_211534.jpg 20200106_211543.jpg 20200106_211547.jpg 20200106_211557.jpg 20200106_211605.jpg 20200106_211610.jpg 20200106_211616.jpg 20200106_211816.jpg 20200106_211800.jpg

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  3. Looking nice man.

• Like Like x 1
  4. They seem a bit stressed to me......but I don't know from what.....with that said, they are still doing good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Looking good.
    Subbing to watch.
    And question, do you follow vpd, or is that on the radar if not?

• Like Like x 1
  6. The autos and one of the clones are definitely stressed, I have no clue why but the rest seem pretty happy especially since the four in the 25g pots got transplanted last night

Perpetual happiness

7. Is vpd the humidity chart thing? If so no I dont really follow it but I'm in a basement and it gets really dry in the winter and the humidity in spring and summer is insanely high. Its annoying as fuck

Perpetual happiness

8. That's what I was getting at, I saw the temp and humidity, and rh seemed way too low. But I dunno everything going on in there, lol.

That's quite possibly why your seeing the heat stress, definitely something worth checking into.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I did try adding a humidifier a few weeks back but it didnt do anything. Like not even a 1% rise but I'll look into it

Perpetual happiness

10. Set up the humidifier again maybe with the new setup itll work better this time. If not I guess I'll be getting a bigger one. Kinda sucks cuz I'm gonna have to buy a big ass dehumidifier and another a/c unit in 3 months when the weather changes again but I guess that's life

Perpetual happiness

11. This has been a stupid ass humid winter in S IL, last winter i needed humidifiers

12. It's been nice in central IL but being in a basement the humidity is one extreme or the other depending on the season. I've had the humidifier running for about 4 hours now and the humidity is up from 27% to 30% but still like 25% to low according to the chart so I guess I'm gonna be getting a bigger or a second humidifier for veg but the flower room is sitting 30% so I might get a big one for veg and use the small one in flower cuz I dont want to raise the flower room to much cuz bud rot scares me

Perpetual happiness

13. Im in a basement garage, so i more than understand. I plan all my grows to be harvested by or near May 1st and shut my indoor grow down until August. This will be the first year I go outside for summer, w some Durban Poison.

If I ever move it will be to a place with low humidity.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I went through the same thing.
    My dehumidifier was quite expensive, and I was not prepared for that.

I did a quick Check, and your vpd based on that hygrometer that was in the pic above.
    Looks like 1.67, but that assumes a leaf 5 degrees cooler f than the room. I suspect that's not the case, leaf Temps may even be higher than the room.

It only gets worse the hotter it gets in there, you could be approaching or exceeding 2.0 at higher Temps and lower humidity.

Look at a humidifier as important as anything in your grow at this point. You should be over 50%rh with those Temps, more like 60+ honestly.

Do you have an IR thermometer to Che k leaf temp?

15. I do not

Perpetual happiness

16. On a good note my flower rom is at 86° with both 1000 watt lights on. It's a little high but I still have to add a fan and if that's bot enough I can still hook up the air cooled hoods but its definitely gonna get colder outside still so it should work out perfectly.

And I found humidifier for 400sqft for $40 you think that'll be enough in a 4x8 with 3 fans and a 6in exhaust or should I just spend the extra $60 and get the 2300sqft model?

Perpetual happiness

17. Sorry it's been a while I got lazy and didn't want to drag the plants from the flower room for pics. They were only vegged for 4 weeks thats why they're small but I've got 3 thc bomb that are 3 weeks into flower today and 1 that's at 9 weeks today. Its supposed to be an 8 week stain but I just scoped it and I'd say it needs one more week for a good couch lock high maybe only a couple more days. Also I think the first thc bomb that went into flower had fungus gnats so it only looks like itll be about 2 oz even though it was under a 1000watt hose by itself for 5 weeks

Nothing has really changed in veg they are growing slow right now because I transplanted them a week ago and then topped them a couple days later cuz I'm a dumbass but they are starting to show slow growth again so they'll take off soon amd itll help when I get the fpj made and can feed them what they need, I've been feeding with ffj which is for flower and they respond but nothing like the flower plants do so I'm thinking the veg plants will really love the fpj

Perpetual happiness

• Like Like x 4
  18. ^^^^FROSTY!!!
    looking good.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1