Another first grow!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by amanthatstones, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Been in veg for just over a month. I missed a few pics along the way and this journal is a little late but it's more for me to get better on my next plant. Appreciate any tips or questions, or if you just wanna say hi. 20180920_212049.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #2 amanthatstones, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    here she is with some kind of heat or light stress. 20180828_083459.jpg 20180828_083503.jpg 20180903_131405.jpg 20180917_200552.jpg 20180920_212025.jpg
    This is after I found out about "death valley effect"
    I'm using foxfarm organic nutrients and a 150 w hps
    I'm looking to buy a metal hallide light because I've read they are better for veg growth because of the blue light spectrum
    I've looked on amazon and I cant figure out which light will fit. If someone could post a link I'd appreciate it.
    Also why my leaves b greasy¿?

3. Nice, how long are going to veg for??

4. I dont know! Lol, i read somewhere to wait until the screen is about 60% full, but i was thinking about switching as soon as the new tops are developed. I guess when you switch to flower your plant can increase in size by like 75% or some crazy shit like that so i hope im not moving too slow here.

5. Alot of the screen is going to fill up on your stretch weeks.. usually 2 weeks right after the switch right when the first pistols start showing.. itll definitely fill it up for ya!!

6. So you think maybe i should go for it? Its a 2x2 tent and only one plant

7. If its touching the screen ill go for it.. how high is the screen from the top of pot.. most ppl ive seen do about 8” or so

• Like Like x 1
  8. Progress pics. Like 4 days in flower. Some pictures of the effects of lst and some places where i topped. You can see that i removed some of the larger fan leaves because they were unhealthy and did not seem to benefit the plant. it 20181006_095748.jpg 20181006_095443.jpg 20181006_095431.jpg 20181006_095059.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Update! Does anybody know what the specific parts of the plant are for? Im assuming fan leaves soak up sunlight? I do not know another term besides "top" to refer to the group of leaves that houses the colas. But im guessing thats not their only purpose. Any info or thoughts on the grow is appreciated. Also when should i lollipop?
    Edit: appear to have phosphorus abundance Anything to do besides feed her fresh water? 20181010_210025.jpg 20181010_210000.jpg 20181010_205215.jpg 20181010_205208.jpg

10. Those other smaller leaves that come out during flowering are commonly knows as “sugar leaves” those sugar leaves are used to for flowerings potency trich production aroma flavor and maybe everything else that has to do with flowering and budding up.. DO NOT REMOVE THOSE!!

They dont really hold thc so smoking them is a waste.. just their for bud production then you take em off when u clean ur budds at harvest.. some ppl wont cut em & smoke em.. like i said they dont hold thc so smoking them is pointless imo
    If im wrong someone plz educate us!!

Hope this helped!!

11. Lol you seem to be my only audience so i appreciate that. My old man leaves the smaller sugar leaves on because they still hold some trichromes. I will probably do the same for my head stash. But for anything that i plan on selling it will have a nicer trim job.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ill share something that i learned from some experienced growers that i know in real life. They have been growing for years, and told me that when they dry their plants, they leave the sugar leaves on and it holds in more flavor and smell. Not sure if what were talking about and that relate at all.

13. Just tryna help with what ive gathered.. the others will step in soon their too busy going crazii over the hlg qb v2 boards that just got released i think 2 days ago.. but when that fades theyll be rolling in & their all super helpful.. but for now guess its just us bro.. lol

14. To add to that. I read also that when buds dry, they start from the outside and it drys inwards. This leaves some moisture in the middle of the cola that slowly creeps out over time. Maybe leaving the leaves on has an effect on drying times?