White Romulan (The White x Romulan) BAGSEED Closet Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by cshood45, Aug 10, 2018.

1. #1 cshood45, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Hey there this is my first post. I've been following these forums for a while and finally decided to create an account and journal here. I've been in and out of the game for about 4 years (soil and DWC).

I figured if I had an issue during my grows it would be nice to have it documented in here for me and others that may run into the same thing, as well as getting the proper help quick enough!

Down to business now...I've been getting this same strain from the same grower for about 8 months now, and it's his personal favorite strain. He has a dedicated room for the strain. Each batch always looks spot on when I receive it. This last time, I found a few seeds in the entire LB. He purposely stressed this batch to keep seeds, so he could continue the strain after he finishes some general maintenance and additions to the room.

Considering this is also my favorite strain as of lately, I wouldn't mind investing the time in harvesting my own, even if the seeds turn out to be hermie (or even worse, male!).

I put together a pretty nice area with the intent of growing strictly 1 plant at a time for personal stash.

I looked closely at each of the 3 seeds and chose ONE to germinate:

Germinated in paper towel/ziploc. Tap root appeared almost 24 hours in.

Transferred to solo cup with Ocean Forest and a ziploc over the top the same night.

Broke soil another 24 hours later.

Saw the cotelydons and first set of "true leaves" appear, then took the ziploc off. Placed 4 x 23w 6500k CFL bulbs 6 inches above plant.

Moved lights down to 2.5 inches away from seedling when I saw the 2nd set of leaves.

I've been watering only when the top 2 inches of soil feel dry and my baby is loving the OF without added nutrients on day 12.

I will continue to update this journal as time progresses. I'm excited to share this adventure with you guys!

EDIT: finally figured out how to add pictures.

Attached Files:

2. #2 cshood45, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    My plan is to transplant to my "hydroponics" system over the weekend, since the growth is getting pretty rapid now.

The hydro system was given to me by a buddy at my local hydro/grow store, and is completely experimental. We used the same system to grow some red bell peppers, tomatoes, marigolds, and spinach. Everything worked great. So now we are moving on to bigger things (hopefully!).

You wont find much about it on the internet, but it is called the "Hypergrow Hydroponic Garden" model number 93000. This works somewhat like the GH water/aqua farms and dutch bucket style systems. There is constant flow on the roots at all times.

I know there are better systems out there. This is purely experimental. We've seen the solo cup challenges, we know what our plants can adapt to with the right knowledge and equipment, right?

3. #3 cshood45, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    Quick update. figured I'd tell you guys the basic things I will be using.

Room size:

3ft wide x 4.5ft deep x 7ft tall

Lighting:

(VEG)- clamp lights with 8x23w 6500k CFL, 2x40W 6500k CFL, 4x23w 2700k CFL = 356 total watts

(FLOWER)- 400W MH (Sunmaster Warm Deluxe, flower spectrum) on top, side lighting consisting of homemade reflectors: 8x23w 2700k CFL, 4x14w 2700k CFL, 2x40w 6500k CFL = 720 total watts

Cooling: Oscillating tower fan at bottom of door opening blowing in fresh air from attached room, clip fans blowing over the plant to circulate the air, 8 inch fan inside the corner constantly running to keep air moving, 4" duct fan attached to one side of my air cooled hood sucking all the hot air out blowing it into the connecting room at the top of the door and then recirculated with the ceiling fan and central AC doing their jobs.
    Closet door will stay cracked open to keep fresh air flowing in and out, won't be having visitors inside this area, or the attached room (brew room).

Nutrients/Additives:

Cutting Edge Micro/Grow/Bloom
    Great White Myco
    General Hydroponics CALiMAGic
    GH pH Up/Down kit (and backup pH testing solution)
    Botanicare Sweet Berry
    *going to add to this list as time progresses*

Companion plant (separate tier in hydro system for these):

Marigold (Jaguar hybrid)

I am using an Exhale 365 CO2 bag.

Temp peaks 79F throughout the lighting cycle (reading temps right before exhaust fan at top of room to get the hottest possible temp)

Humidity in check at 54-58% with cool mist humidifier. Without humidifier on, the room can drop to 38% steady for flowering.

Water temp in system peaks 74F with no cooler or ice packs.

pH is going to be kept at ~5.8, in check with calibrated pH meter.

Any tips, pointers, or questions are more than welcome!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Am I off to a decent start? Sorry for the constant attention to my journal, like I said, I'm excited! Plus I heard this is the place to be!

5. Grabbed some GH CaliMagic to add to the mix.

Also got a pH meter and GH 7.0 solution for calibration.

Considering getting some kind of silica additive, any recommendations?

6. Transplant successful so far! First pic below, you can see the color and slight drooping from a little transplant shock.

The next pic is less than a day after transplant. The last pic is another day later, showing how well the plant has responded to this system.

Growing quick! 20180812_005854.jpg 20180812_232723.jpg 20180813_100211.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 cshood45, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    Quick update with pics...Followed feed guidelines that Cutting Edge suggests except I'm doing 1ml less per gallon on both Micro and Grow as well as CalMag. I will replace the res every 8 days. I plan to drain half of the res and add pH corrected water 2 days before I completely drain and add nutes.

Goodnight! 20180813_213800.jpg 20180813_215904.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Looks great man. That little thing should do you just fine for growing in. Good luck. I will stick around man.

My 3[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

9. Last one of mine[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thank you brother! Awesome looking plants you have there!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Haha that believe it or not is only one plant. Was a big ass green crack haha topped her like 40 times and vegged for 2 months almost. Gave me 6oz dry in jars in the end

12. That's awesome! This will be my first attempt at topping. I hope to get a nice yield! First comes sexing the plant though :(

• Like Like x 1
  13. With a reg seed that is always the worst. Absolutely awesome when you find out she a girl though. Then you know your month wasn't a complete waste

14. True! I can't wait. I have 2 more White Romulan bag seeds and 2 Emerald OG bag seeds to try before purchasing any fem seeds. I figured if this is a male, at least I will have my setup fine-tuned for any female I may have.

• Like Like x 1
  15. That's what I did on my bagseed grow and it turned out to be female any way so that was nice

• Like Like x 1
  16. I'm like talking to it and singing to it and shit. Anything for female vibes

• Like Like x 1
  17. I tell my girls they beautiful at least 5 times a day and personally tell them goodnight as I turn lights out haha

• Like Like x 1
  18. Quick update showing the growth after topping my first plant ever! Everything is good so far! 20180817_090450.jpg 20180817_090459.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1