6 nutrient comparison perpetual grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by dubs_okaygo, Jul 8, 2018.

1. #1 dubs_okaygo, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    What's up guys? I'm back to GC officially . Took a little break from the site due to busy work and life shit. I'm just now finishing up my liberty haze grow and since there was no journal for her I thought why not make one for my all time favorite strain , gods gift. this will also be a nutrient comparison perpetual grow for 6 separate nutrient lines , as well as a super soil vs organic bottled comparison. Unfortunately I don't have room for my 4x4 anymore so I'm using a stand up shower, a 2x2, and a 4x2 for perpetual

This grow will consist of :
    Mother earth soil w/perlite
    Rhyzoforce beneficial bacteria
    Roots organic full line of liquid and dry nutrients ( with 2 Aurora soul nutes )
    Cultured biologix microbial teas
    185w 3k quantum board
    1-5 gallon smart pot
    And a few other additives I'll introduce along the way

The nutrients used a long the way in this comparison perpetual grow will be :
    Nectar for the gods (my main line )
    Roots organic full bottle and top dressings
    Emerald harvest
    Mills
    House and garden
    And mother earth soil amendments ( super soil/ top dressings)
    I will also be using a few other top dressings/teas.

Once we get through grows with each ( mostly side by side comparisons ) I will evaluate all nutrients used and pick a favorite. The favorite will go up against the super soil .

So let's get started . I started the germination process on 7/4/18 using the paper towel method with a little dr root sprinkled in to help get things moving . By the 7/6 it was ready to plant .
    I mixed mother earth soil and perlite with a 2 tsp of rhyzo into a 1 gallon smart pot, with a top dress of organismXL and gave a light water to get everything into the soil. Once the soil was damp the seed was planted. For anyone who knows me. I like to start my plants off under cfls for the first few weeks (also I have no other option at the moment since the liberty haze is using my quantum ) so for now she's under 1 23w cfl (65k) until sprout and I'll introduce more slowly .

That's it for now . I'm glad to be back and look forward to seeing everyone else grows as well . Will update at first sprout .
    Much love

Edit :
    At first this was just a gods gift journal . Some things happened and I decided to make it a nutrient comparison journal.

2. Pulling up a chair for your grow. Good luck with it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alright so day #1 above soil. She came up pretty quick. Which makes me happy because I'm about 10 days out on the liberty haze .
    I'm starting off the first water with a very small feeding of roots organic trinity , buddha grow, And ancient amber at around 1/4 strength p.h 6.4. She will only get about an ounce of water for now . Cfl # 2 is now on and the light cycle will continue to be 24/0 until week the beginning of week 2 . I haven't decided on if I want to scrog her or not since she's a heavy 90% indica with little stretch .
    That's pretty much it. I'll update when her first true leaves come in and things start to get interesting. As always, much love .

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gods gift? interesting name, happy growing

5. It's actually been pretty popular since about 1995. Then with all the advanced crossing from legality coming on it's been harder to find . Cross is granddaddy purp and OG kush.

6. No wonder, never heard this before;)
    Looking forward to see what she looks like:jump:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Small update . Day 5 above soil . I gave her a light feeding of only trinity today with p.h at 6.4. The first true leaf is getting ready to come out and that's when all the fun will start .
    I plan to top dress first with nitro bat guano by roots organic and let that settle in for a week with only silica waterings. I will alternate between liquid and dry top dress feedings weekly up until a week or 2 after transplant.

She's focusing on that root ball for now but I have a good feeling about the roots organic line , and look forward to comparing it with my last few nectar for the gods grows .
    That's all for now . I'll update sometime next week.
    Much love

1531600737680.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alright so now we are in business . This photo was taken yesterday (day ten)
    She's already got her first true leaves out. And working on the second set. I gave her a feed of roots organic trinity at full strength + silica and added one more cfl . I'll keep the light at 24/0 for another week , then she goes under the quantum board at 18/6 with a new top dress of uprising grow, uprising foundation, and organismXL.

1532143401971.jpg

9. Day 21 . The liberty haze was harvested yesterday and GG has officially been moved into her final home and under the quantum board. At day 18 I FIMed her, and today she got her first liquid feeding after her top dressings last week and tied down. Buddha grow , soul grow , ancient amber , extreme sereme, souls amino, and trinity with silica and myco food . All half strength. I'll be beginning the ez tea between feedings next .
    She looks lonely in there for now :/

1532993955809.jpg 1532993964565.jpg 1532993970217.jpg

10. Day 31. I had a small problem with some of the top dressings I was using. And a few fungus gnats. I grabbed some traps and some hydroguard to get the root system going and things seem to be back on track .
    Yesterday she got her first veg tea, and some more training. She was FIMd about a week ago. From here on out it's only liquid nutrients by roots, teas, and microbial additives ( mammoth P. Myco food. And photo plus )

Coming up on a transplant within the next week .

However, I started my nitro lemon haze . So this will be the last post in this journal as I'm going to start a permenant journal for all of my current and future grows. I have a 4x2, an HLG 65 board. And a 320 XL quantum board all on the way. The plan is to keep the shower as a veg/ clone spot . The 2x2 as a single spot with a separate strain and the 4x2 as a main flower spot with 2 of the same strains to keep the harvest perpetual. I'll add the link once things get interesting

1533924741633.jpg 1533924746360.jpg

11. I'm too lazy to make an entire new journal, so I'm just going to add everything here from now on lol

The gods gift is at day 34 and she just got transplanted 2 days ago into her final 5 gallon. I gave her a feeding of hydroguard first immediately after transplant and today a light feeding of roots excelurator gold and kelp extraction . The bug problems have been solved by some organic spray and yellow sticky traps.
    I also placed the scrog net in and turned the light up to 150w at max .
    1534345292029.jpg 1534345295897.jpg

NITRO LEMON HAZE-
    I received my 65w quantum board in 4k and got that all set up. The power test just about blinded me . Who would've thought 65w could look so bright.
    Anyways NLH finally sprouted yesterday so shes at the boring stage of life but I gave her some dr root and also roots excelurator gold + kelp extraction to get that root mass going .
    1534345457628.jpg
    1534345464853.jpg

The 4x2 should be here Saturday, but it will be another 2 weeks before I can grab my next light which will be either the 320 XL quantum or the 260 xl depending on funds. The plan is to finish out the gods gift in the 2x2, finish the nitro lemon haze in the shower , but take 2 clones off of her for the 4x2. From then on the shower will be a veg spot and I will only monstercrop every round once before starting new strains.

Much love

12. Day 40 on the gods gift. I super cropped her and tied down a few more branches . The main cola is hitting the net already, and she has about 7 tops for now . Just watered with hydroguard p.h 6.5 and I've been sticking to the feed tea feed water/flush schedule ( not a real flush just a flushing agent )
    I'm not trying to fill the net this time around, since the liberty haze had about 25 colas the weight wasnt were I wanted it . So I'll be flipping to flower in about 2 weeks or less.
    1534875911322.jpg 1534875915547.jpg 1534875919826.jpg

Nitro lemon haze
    Still a baby and only at day 7, just plain water for now. I'm going to run her on emerald harvest to see which nutrient line up I prefer ( roots or emerald ) and the winner will go up against my main nutrient line nectar for the gods .
    I do still have mills and house and gardens by Humboldt to test out but that will be down the road.

My 4x2 tent will be here tomorrow however I'm thinking about returning it and buying a 2x4x6.7 gorilla lite series that comes with a 1ft extension just depends on the quality of the quictent I receive. That's all for today .
    Much love 1534876119843.jpg

13. I think my days are off because my journal (note book) says day 45.
    Anyways I decided to switch the gods gift to flower today . My last scrog run in the 2x2 I feel had to many colas and took too long to pack on weight . It never really got to where I wanted it to get. Right now theres 12 colas and about 7 more a little lower than the canopy so I'm trying to find that middle ground of not too many colas and not too little. It should be enough to get my QP off of.
    I fed her last night at full strength week 6 veg roots organic and added demeter destiny for calcium, Ampd mag, mammoth P, mycho food, and photo plus. Ph 6.4 ,ppm 620 (a little high for my liking but one time is okay )
    Just about every cola is showing pistils now and shes hitting that stride of growing quick every day . Let's see how the stretch goes.
    1535056142117.jpg 1535056147394.jpg
    NITRO LEMON HAZE:
    Shes taking forever to spit out her first true leaf or at least it feels that way . Day 9 today and I see a small sign of then starting to emerge. That's about it. She will be fed emerald harvest to compare with roots organic . So far I'm still feeling nectar over roots but that's just because I have their line dialed in to a T.

NEWS: I returned my quictent . Didnt even open it actually. Decided to pull the trigger on the 4x2x6.7 gorilla grow tent. Its gonna be dope to see in person and have a top of the line grow tent finally. My 4x4 vivosun was ok but I've heard gorilla blows everything out of the water.
    With that being said I'm upgrading just about everything I own over the next 6 months . The light will be the 320 XL quantum 304 boards one at 2700k and the other at 3000k. I'm going to grab either a bluelab ph pen or the guardian. A vivosun 950gph air pump and air stone . A equipment board for the tent , a 12 inch oscillating hurricane fan and a 20w secret jardin monkey fan ( non oscillating) and possibly a set of halo rings with a drip system , titan temp/humidity controller, and exhaust fan muffler.

P.s i wish i could change the name of the journal but I'm just gonna have to live with it now lol

Much love.

14. Gods gift is my fav night time strain. I’m usually asleep with in 30 min of smoking it and I can feel the mess working as it wraps around me and numbs my pain.

15. It's actually been about 10 years since I've smoked it and was my favorite strain so I'm pretty stoked

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ive never grown it but I buy it every chance I get oil or flower pretty much the only reason I go to dispensaries.

17. I grabbed 2 seeds so I could grow it again with my GDP next. I might monster crop this one though and save the other seed for later

18. Looking nice:passing-joint: