alternative to HLG's quantom boards... the supplier!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Reo, Dec 14, 2017.

1. #1 Reo, Dec 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    Edit* page 7/ post #136 for pics of 288's.

Hey guys bumped along a link from Tbone into Alibaba.com and seen that they have the same bin of leds and pretty much the same dame board design as hlg has but for 1/3 the cost directly from the manufacture. has anybody tried this stuff out? if it's legit then why pay so much for something that's never in stock?

one right here you can submit a design and they will build it for you, you can even pick the board color.
    Led Grow Light Pcb Module Assembly With Samsung Lm561c Chip S6 Flux - Buy Led Pcb Module,Samusng Lm561c Module,Grow Light Module Product on Alibaba.com

and another
    160lm/w Customized Board 3000k 5000k Samsung Lm561c Led Plant Grow Light For Greenhouse Hydroponic Vegetables Growth - Buy Led Plant Grow Light,Lm561c Led Grow Light,Led Plant Light Product on Alibaba.com

i'll be contacting these suppliers to see what it cost per board, ideally I would like a 4-8 qb288 clones, maybe a couple qb120 clones pending on the price per unit.

and i'll even save on shipping too.... for what ever reason its cheaper to ship from china to cad then it is from usa to cad go figure eh.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. ohkay dohkay got a quote back from one seller already. a qb288 clone is $23.50 a board plus $60 for tooling and $30 for shipping. seing as i'd like to have my flower room riddled with these i'd pick up 10 in one shot 8 for flower and 2 for veg.

as well you can select which led to put in the board, so as I'm going to order 2700k/4000k split boards alternating rows of leds

so a grand total of $325 bucks to the door with a 5 year warranty... HLG's qb288 board is currently at $150/2pk, so $750 for 10, plus 40 bucks shipping and your looking at close to $800 bucks for the same shit with HLG's logo silk screened on the board. hmmmm sounds like some clarity is coming into focus.... rape!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. What's the lead time?

• Like Like x 1
  4. about 14 days from payment to shipping.

5. What will you for heatsinks on those bigger boards...Wont they require some ?

6. With the money I'd save I'd go to heatsinks USA. I'm planning on running them on a hlg480h-c2100a. And putting 3 to 4 lights in a 4x8. 16boards 1840 watts total

Or if by the grace of God hlg gets in a shipment of heat sinks I'd buy the slate 6
    [​IMG]

Albeit I'm not going to buy until end of January mid February, but it is nice knowing that there is cheaper out there for the same quality.

• Like Like x 2
  7. In that 2nd link, they showed a QB 120 with that name on it...hum...Now we know where they're all coming from,lol

8. Yee bud. I think they use the pics as examples but none the less they do the same shit for 1/3rd the price

9. Yeah.. I just requested a quote for 7 QB 120 style...We'll see what he says.

• Like Like x 2
  10. 60 tooling fee, plus $15.56 a board. tooling fee is apparently higher on the qb120 cuase of it "being more technical."

• Like Like x 1
  11. yee trolling the roll it up forums and I see another guy has a stronger opinion on post #8030. DIY with Quantum Boards. but pretty much paints it black and white. the board could be had for cheaper and atleast keep them instock so people don't go looking

12. DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN ! What a cat fight that was !! :thankyou:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. @reod12x2 Haha wow, that was intense lol. So is this legit? I couldn't quite figure out if it was or not with all the back and forth over there lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. @Ancient3328 I assume so see4 got his boards in and they were the same chips. as he didn't apologies.

i'll be drumming up my order the end of January and if I can get the 288 board design I will post it here to help people save a couple bucks on the tooling fee.

I looked into heat sinks usa and the widest profile they had was 12'' width so that'll still work with how I want to lay the boards, but at a wopping 220 bucks for the heat sink... hmmmm isn't no avoiding that one.

15. WOW ! That makes the smaller QB120 boards look even better !

16. I suppose lol how's the mother ship doing convection wise there capt'n?

but sinks and drivers last a life time. I just have to say that every time I look at the price

17. Ya know, The 120s run very cool ,and are so simple, and all that and a bag0 chips, BUT...
    The only drawback is, It takes so MANY of them, taking up so much real estate, and bumping my head on 'em...
    Well, smaller would better...lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. Well now. The one guy I'm talking to about the boards said they'll be troubleshoot the board next week and will have it ready for production short after.

If worse comes to worse I'll buy 6 boards off the hop. And order the rest later pending on quality.

These boards I get will serve my desfrán plants when they go into flower. In the end of January

19. I guess my guy doesn't wanna make the 120 boards...Here's what he replied....
    52295963-17d2-47c4-b324-ed4b715c3d3d.png

20. Hit up the other link. Russell said he can make them.