Dwc. Open to all GC knowledge!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Dromada, Feb 16, 2017.

1. #1 Dromada, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    Hey guys,

Just the first of many to come.

Some specs:

Lights are on 16 and off 8 hrs.

2.5 gal lowes buckets

300 watt full spectrum grow light
    100 3w chips

Old dresser turned into "stealth" grow box

ActiveAQUA AAPA15L HydroFarm 4 outlet pump

Temps are ranging low 71°f to high 85°f but really sticks from 75-80°f

RH is ranging all over anywhere from 40%-70%. Usually hangs out about 40-50%

Rockwool cubes

Clay pebbles

Advanced Nutrients "ph perfect technology"

11 liters water (tap water that sat 24 hrs)
    Unknown exact ppm of reg water.

For the bigger girl:

44ml Bloom
    44ml Micro
    44ml Grow
    22ml Bud Candy

Smaller ladies

22ml Micro
    22ml Bloom
    22ml Grow

[​IMG]

This was day one with two bagseed.

[​IMG]

Genetics on this pic is my free seeds from #SeedSupreme

"Auto fem blue"
    This is all I know about my free strain

I know nothing of the first pics genetics (bagseed)

I am currently looking like this:

[​IMG]

This is the bagseed. Again unknown genetics. This plant was put in rockwool

And:

[​IMG]

Roughly day 8 from seed on the 2 with known genetics.

So. Problem now is, on that bagseed guys I am starting to show almost "rust" colored dots showing on some leaves.

I.e.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I have never personally grown, but oh my god, I have read almost everything on the damn internet since deciding this grow was for me. But from my understanding of what I see is, this is something to do with a calcium deficiency.

[​IMG]

So this is the roots of my bigger girl. Don't let the color trick you into thinking root rot, these things are super white. My micro grow is super brown and caused them to look brown haha

Here is a look at the little guys and I haven't had a single problem on these yet (knock on wood)

[​IMG]

These Auto fem seeds seem to at minimum double in size god damn daily, holy hell I need to hurry up and get my grow tent here.

Ask me anything I forgot cuz I am sure there was something. Haha

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. This pic was from January 6, 17

[​IMG]

Also day one

[​IMG]

So these two were regular bagseed, I had the idea I wanted to grow, so I said fuck it lets see what happens. Then after losing about 13 bagseed I went from soil to hydro. I ordered my seeds online and here is a little bit of the growth. 8

Jan 6, 17

[​IMG]

Jan 15, 17

This is a pic of the bagseed at 9 days

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jan 25

So at this time folks I fucked up and used too much nutes. So I chopped the fan leaves effected and let them be.

[​IMG]

Feb 4, 17

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is when I got my seeds in from SeedSupreme.com and they are 2 days from germination.

Feb 5, 17

As you can see I found out this was a male, this is one of the bagseed from the beginning. I didnt like pulling that plant, but shit had to happen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feb 6, 17

These are my confirmed genetics day 4 from seed germination

[​IMG]

Feb 8, 17

Sorry for the nudes, but I see this lady flaunting her lady parts to get me all excited!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. Feb 9, 17

Got new nutes in and this is what I am going to use the rest of my grow.

[​IMG]

Feb 11

So right now these ladies are about 2 weeks in and looking pretty good!

[​IMG]

Feb 12,

These seeds were growing super fast. As you can see I was going to try some lst, decided later to say screw it lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feb 15,

I feel like these are getting almost twice as big over night!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I need to find a good air stone to use. Guys I have gone and bought every kind I can think of, any awesome recommendations for a good one?

All advice welcome!

• Like Like x 3
  4. I use the 5" air stone disk. Rough up the bottom of the bucket with a little sandpaper and hot glue it down. Boils the water but I guess it also depends on the pump you're using too.
    20170123_144102.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. I use a 4 in air stone disk that I got from Amazon, terrible quality though. Any good brands?

6. So yesterday I dropped these in just reg water, no nutes, hoping to clear what may be a nute lock or salt buildup.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Your buckets look good man

• Like Like x 1
  8. Whatever works I guess. Got them from the pet store. The brand is topfin.

What issue are you having with your stones? Not enough bubbles or are they blocking somehow.

• Like Like x 2
  9. They keep clogging up this less bubbles. I thought it may have been a water temp issue, but the things are terrible. I have tried the bar, the disk, the little guys that are the size of a kids thumb. I even got a much better pump and changed my air lines. Just seems as though its a constant battle and the hardest part of my grow this far!

10. Clogging up with what? Could it be caused from light leaks causing a slime build up.
    You can try wrapping the buckets with something that is light proof and maybe adding a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide to each bucket weekly.

The only time I've had clogs, it was from light leaks using organic.
    Maybe it could be salt buildup from your nutes?

• Like Like x 2
  11. I just wrapped my buckets yesterday so it could be algie possibly. Peroxide is okay? I change my water and nutes about 1 time a week and I just started to flush the bigger one. I hadn't done that before ( just leaving in water ) how long should I leave without nutes you think! I don't want more to show up if I leave too long! Thank you for your help man

• Like Like x 1
  12. I have seen some slime in the buckets when I change them out too

13. I personally don't think peroxide would do any damage, some people might disagree. I'm new to growing weed myself, I'm not new to hydro or soil growing though.
    Had a few issues last year with water temps and light leaks with a new setup I was trying outside.
    Peroxide, water changes and blocking light leaks fixed it.

Not sure how long you should leave it without nutes. The way I grow, I never need to change out water or clean anything. The water is always clear and slime free with no salt buildup, besides that issue last year, but I was trying something new.

This is two month old solution I just took out of my 5 gallon, no slime, crystal clear.
    If I had light leaks, it would be damn disgusting, slime, blocked stone and god knows what else.
    This solution hasn't needed peroxide because there is no light getting in and it's got lots of air and it's at a good temp.
    20170216_174355.jpg
    It might not look like much but I fed 10 heavy feeding plants on this one solution last year.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wow man. That is crazy clear, I am being told by a lot to use peroxide so I am omw to get a bit. Can't hurt, thanks again man
    What set up you use? Nutes and stuff
    Is it a ro dwc? Is it rdwc? Flood and drain? Or whatever the last one is haha I am sure someone knows the name

• Like Like x 2
  15. dwc and very hard well water. rdwc and dwc in the summer. I really want to try flood and drain, can't find the correct parts.
    Believe it or not, my bacteria food source is only two different compost and blood and bone meal. Not to be confused with compost tea though, similar but not the same. I guess it would be called bioponics, not really sure. It isn't something I copied from online, I was just experimenting and found something that worked.
    Now I'm experimenting to see if I can grow weed with it. So far so good but it's too early to tell.

Try the peroxide, maybe use more than one teaspoon to start with since you already have slime issues. It'l help a lot if you clean buckets and stones first. Keep the light out as best as you can. Lower water temps will help a lot too.
    I know how you feel with the issues you're having, I learned the hard way too.
    I also think there is something the hydro store sells for this too, not sure what it's called though.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Right on man. I just went and picked up some new stones til I can hook back up to the good ones. I have had it sitting for now 24 hours and so far no ick. I am very interested in all grows done "dwc" or "hydro" style. What were you testing on? Usually tomatoes or something is what I hear! I will do maybe a teaspoon and a half and see what she looks like in a few days! Thanks again man! I find experimental learning is the best way for me. Lots of trial and error happening, but I have zeroed in all except the slime!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Alright I put roughly 8ml of 3% peroxide and added my nutes back in. Ph of 5.5 and water is 60° right now. I have covered all buckets and transplant the younger ones into separate buckets.

• Like Like x 1
  18. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just want to say I took the advice to get that peroxide and damn cleaned up quick! Had to take a couple fans off the bigger one cuz they were dying from the nute burn but looking good otherwise. Lots of growth happening all around!

• Like Like x 1
  20. So also cut my nutes down to half what it was, just to see if it was too much or what. The new airstones are working great not being clogged up now, I appreciate it. I superglued them to the bottom now too they were jumping all over my bucket and irritating me haha

• Like Like x 3