300w Led Auto Flower First Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by AutoMe, Mar 6, 2016.

1. OK so this is my first grow and first journal. 7 weeks ago Wed Jan 13th I put one of the free seeds I got from herbies in a shot glass of water once it sank on to the paper towel and once it popped into the soil ...just jiffy seed starting mix.. by Saturday sadly I had to put it under my blue led Glow fish light still waiting on the 300w led to get here.. read roots like blue Leds so maybe it helped it was only for a week everything I needed came in at the beginning of Feb I decided to go with fox farms happy frog, home Depot perlite, pots from Walmart , fox farm grow big and tiger bloom for nutes have pH tester an up and down haven't had to use either yet water is kept in a bucket with a fish air pump and stone. I really haven't kept track of the weeks or take pictures up until now I didn't plan any of this lol I'll upload pictures as soon as I can

• Like Like x 1
  2. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. [​IMG]
    Well seeing that she's moving along nicely I will put the other two seeds in water today for the start of my second grow
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nice work.. Good to go on the next.
    You have been bitten by the grow bug.

5. Commenting to follow along... Got myself a 300w and curious on the autoflowers outcome with one plant... Looking great man!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I'm using it for 6 autos and it does amazing but I have a 2x2 space. Good luck

Sent from my SM-N900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #7 AutoMe, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    So a few things I forgot to mention she's on 20/4 light cycle and I know this will make some people cringe but she had been transplanted twice first time she was getting low in her starter cup so I thought I could put some fresh soil at the bottom of a new cup and just plop her on top only had to last about a week till my happy frog came in but on the second move to her final resting place ( before my lungs)when I did it I noticed a big air gap in the soil although it gave me a nice look at her roots I didn't think it was good so I filed it in the best I could with out messing with the roots that grew around the bottom of the cup but I think I caught it before the tap root hit bottom... just lucky!!! Thanks guys. I like to keep watch on grows that are right around mine or a little past it so I know what's coming. Feel free to leave a link! More pictures in the morning when she gets some water!

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 AutoMe, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    Oh by the way I am the king of run on sentences. ....don't judge

Why you gotta tell people I'm posting from my phone god dam robots slowly taking over the world

• Like Like x 1
  9. Good morning here's some pics of her this morning before water n feeding also some lower leaves I picked off please tell me what you think will grab more photos when she perks back up
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And the fan leaves
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Please let me know if there's anything to do more or just keep smooth sailing, just seems to easy lol should have started this awhile ago

• Like Like x 2
  10. Smooth sailing looks good. Helathly plant

Sent from my SM-N900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. She perked back up real fast. ..so now the question is defloration if I spelled that right. so should I pluck some fan leaves or not here's more pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I did also move the light closer now that she stopped vertical growth now @12 will slowly go to about 6
    Thanks again in advance or

• Like Like x 1
  12. This is a gorgeous plant. You should really be proud of your efforts. I'm subbed in.

I typically defoliate in the last week. But this is an auto and I'm not really sure if that matters. Just follow your gut, your doing it all right.

• Like Like x 1
  13. With the light, always do the hand test. Put the top of your hand facing the light and your Palm right over the tallest part of your canopy/plant. You want to be basically touching your plant.

Right there you should be able to tell if the heat is too much and need to back off on the light, otherwise the closer the better ESPECIALLY with LED.

Now that also cuts your light footprint so it's a balancing game with that. PAR with led cuts down substantially the further the light has to travel so the closer the better whilst watching the heat

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Defoliate - I believe is the term you were looking for.

Personally I only clip/snip the ones that NEED to go, usually the lower fan leaves that are just using energy to stay alive rather than catching a whole lot of light in general.

With autos you want to be very careful as I'm sure you know, but stress of any sort is not welcome with these plants. You mentioned your transplant (and yes I cringed lol) so I assume you already kinda knew that stress was worse with these but it can never be said enough.

Autos are very picky.

As someone said above, use your best judgment, you seem to be doing pretty friggin good already lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. What brand of light btw?

16. Galaxy hydro 300w led off Amazon
    Yeah I was going for a no stress grow but a few hiccups in delivering and some I don't know jack about soil stuff really tested her but won't happen on the second two
    Yeah I don't think I'm going to pick off anything but the dieing ones that get no light when I pluck them I rip them up and toss them back in the soil
    Thanks for stopping by

First Grow 300w Led Auto Flower First Grow
    Second Grow 2nd 300w auto flower critical + grow

You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one and I hope some day you'll join us

• Like Like x 1
  17. I would advise against tossing the dead leaves into the soil, you're asking for/inviting pests with that lol

Otherwise looking friggin awesome dude!

Can I ask, only cuz i had amazon selection as well, are you canadian or American?

As canadian my led selection was fairly limited and pricey, galaxy was one I looked at a few times

18. Looks great! Subbed up

19. That's good to know I was taking the Lion King approach you know the whole circle of life but I don't want no bugs unless there ladybugs!

Merica! Over here with a medical card! We just had an anti pot group ask for an investigation of why almost half of our signatures where tossed out to get it legalized recreationaly, they say it's to protect the integrity, I say they're closet tokers lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1