.LED 300 w 4x2x5 WW

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by pattyblaze, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Hey GC . I am attempting my first LED grow alone . I'm am going about this with little to no experience . I helped my best friend grow 10 years ago with 1000w HPS setup in a basement grow . I remember it was ak47 and we grew in big Rubbermaid bins. We had nutrients at the time I do not remember what they were . We grew inside and did not use a carbon scrubber .
    I will being using a 300 watt LED to veg and add a second 300 w for flower in a 4x2x5 tent in my basement with a carbon filter .I will be using soil( not sure what to use as of yet ) I am growing white widow seeds from Crop King . I live where it is still very cold so I added a space heater to the tent to regulate my temperature . Not sure what nutrients I am going to use (let me know what you use ) looking for help and advice as I go along. I have subscribed to a few grow journals and I will keep you updated as I go along . So please subscribed to this .Any insight, information and criticism welcomed. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. Move that heater. I think its to close! Dont wanna burn her when she comes through. Im running a smaller scale of this, but with soil! Let's grow! Subbed

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. Should I remove it for good? Not sure where to reposition it ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. What's your temperature/ Humidity with the lights on/off?

• Like Like x 1
  5. In the tent itself I almost deem a fire hazard. Plus it will cook your plants and kill your humidity in the room, which in the beginning is a big deal!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Go ahead and grab the other 300w. You will need both to kick the lumens up.
    I'm running the exact same size tent and I use two Mars 300w and a 200w 5100k led for veg.
    Also as mentioned before, get that space heater out of that tent before it causes you real problems.

• Like Like x 4
  7. yea you should need an A/C, not a heater. with the lights and your plants growing you should have a problem cooling the tent, not keeping it warm enough.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yes. You'll probably wanna lower that LED (how close is it? Should be at least 18", I keep my 300w about 15" from the top of the cups) and maybe a air pot for your plant instead of a rubbermaid container. Start out with solo cups while you wait for that. Maybe get a fan to push that air around and to make the ladies dance. Whats your ventilation system look like? Maybe put some cardboard or something under the tent if you putting them on a cold basement floor?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Okay heater is put . I live In a cold climate . my temps with lights off are at like 58-59 . And 64 with the lights on in the day . My humidity is sitting at 30-40 Percent . I have red solo cups I'll use after I germinate and at ready to start . Just trying to get everything just right before I start .

• Like Like x 1
  10. Is the tent in a room where you can warm the air its taking into the tent?

11. Take the space heater out side the tent like somewhere in the room. It will warm the room up.

I grew these seeds before, and they're great! You're going to want a second 300w easily.

Are you Canadian by any chance
    Sorry the description yells Canadian so do the seeds. If so, home depot has promix for $7 a bag of 28.8L . I used it in all 5 of my grows and had amazing results. I like the veg and herb better than the potting mix because it had more perlite.

Get a General Organic go box.. has everything and more for 50 bucks. Just don't dose what it says on the box. Don't start feeding until week 3. And when you do. Start at 1/4 strength per gallon.

Good luck
    Turn this into a journal and I'll help you the best I can

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yep I am in Canada . I will
    Check out Home Depot this weekend . Will I need extra perlite if I get the promix or the veg and herb mix? also how do I turn this into a journal? I thought that's what I was doing .

13. Im an idiot and using tapatalk without looking where i was commenting. It is a journal, you got the right spot. You can always add more perlite. I didn't my first 2 grows and they did fine. But I felt safer about not over watering with more perlite. It makes the job easier for a 6$ bag at Lowes. If you need supplies
    Amazon.ca sign up for prime 1 month free! so you can get next day shipping. Buy all your stuff, and when you're done or right before the month ends, cancel it.

I bought 1200 in grow shit from there, and got same day/next day shipping for free.

I eventually ended up buying it. But you can just keep using new emails and.getting 1 month free over and over.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Awesome I've been using Amazon prime . Just not sure how much I trust ordering off the internet in general (for privacy concerns ) I'm a little paranoid about it .
    I do not have my ventilation system hooked up yet . I will be getting a few other odds and ends this weekend when I hit up HD here . I'm keeping a physical journal as well with temps, feedings , description ,times/light schedule . Just trying to stay on top of everything and I'll start the germination process here any day.

15. Amazon prime is amazing. My whole setup came within a week. You can easily spend 300 and grow your money back with it no problem. Definately get at least a exast setup and have a passive airflow going through to start out id say with your temps.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Everything I got was discreet. Regular brown box even the lights were in a brown box. I sent everything to a different address than my grow.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Do you guys have recommendations for a carbon scrubber and fan units that will take our 100% of the smell? I'm setting it up for exhaust exiting left side of tent to the outside of the house and ducting with a fan on the right side drawing in air from the room.
    Will have a few pics later today

18. #18 evohunter, Apr 1, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    What city are you in? im sure theres a grow shop somewhere?
    Get your ACMPR from HealthCanada, then you don't have to worry about anything, your legal :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. I subbed we have almost same set up. I wanted zero smell as well so I forked out the money for a phresh carbon filter. No problems at all

First grow! Come check it out and give some helpful tips! 6 plants 4x2x5 grow

• Like Like x 2
  20. Im not sure. Since im back at the seedling stage I knew I could save a dollar by waiting on it. But im looking at a cheap deal for my 2x2x4. Was thinking about the ipower combo 4in one on amazon tho

• Like Like x 1