Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BrassNwood, Nov 12, 2016.

1. I'm still trying to figure out what went wrong. Decarb is the whole deal, maybe I screwed it up somehow. Would it be reasonable to purchase like an ardent nova to take away some of the guess work? How much more reliable is it than the oven? My use of two thermometers should have been my fail safe.

Scratching my head...

I guess the other upside to the nova is that there's little smell so I could potentially do this whenever my heart desires.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I feel it's just another overpriced kitchen gadget and your basic oven gets the job done very well.
    I've never had an interest in them as they are to small for the amounts I tend to work in.

I've done the recipe hundreds of times and messed it up more then just a few times. Really only skipping the decarb all together is about the only way it doesn't work.

Even microwaving the buds as a decarb worked well enough to get me seriously wrecked making this goo in a hotel room.

Up the dose until it works is my advice. Keep doubling the amount every 2 hours until your to hammered to stand up. This approach has worked when all else failed. It was my neighbor on the boat dock that swore I couldn't get him stoned on any kind of edible. The dude is a really obnoxious self important asshat so I took the challenge and gave him 10 of my hash caps and the fool promptly gobbled all of them at once.

He still swears I spiked them with LSD as he didn't come down for something like 36 hours. :)
    Likely in the range of 750mg. :)

I've always been able to make a liar out of people who say that get no effects from edibles. "You've never had mine" is my reply.

I'm hard to stone and my daily hit is about 150mg. 300mg will have me on my hands and knees crying and NOT having a good time.

The other option would be to make RSO but that will waste a pint of high proof booze to make and lets try just cranking up the dose first.

150mg would be a full gram of buds or more depending on how it's calculated.

<-- Took 2 more capsules at 4am and i'm fucccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccked up.
    It's hard for me to stay on topic when I get this roasted. I fall into the music and forget what the hell I was typing.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  3. My wife has pretty much every kitchen gadget known, lol. In fact this summer I built her more room to store gadgets in our garage. The pantry I built her was getting too crowded, she cans anything that doesn't move fast, lol.

Both the nova and the bigger nova fx (holds up to 4oz of buds) sell very well and are becoming more and more popular. I've had a chance to use a nova fx twice now, once for buds, once for hash. Both decarbed perfectly.

But, your right, it's not required, and they are pricey, but they do work, the smell is minimal to non existent. I think a lot of people would love them.

• Like Like x 3
  4. A canner! Score!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thanks for that. It's always good to get a first hand report on something like that.
    I have the luxury of running the decarb outside and I know you can smell if for a block in every direction when I'm decarbing the scraps. It's tray after tray and it takes me the whole day to get it all done.
    [​IMG]

From when I was still covering with foil.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  6. Have you ever ate squirrel? I was informed that once skinned, if you seal and toss it in the fridge for a few days, it's better tasting. Called aging the meat.

I wonder what its like fresh, probably tougher is all.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I haven't had the opportunity to eat one. I like most all meats I've tried so it'll likely pass muster.
    Alligator
    Bison
    Black Bear
    Caribou
    Deer
    Elk
    Rattlesnake
    Wife cooks Rabbit a couple of times a year.

Usually the longer meat hangs to dry age the more $$ they want for it. :)

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  8. I would be curious to try snake. I shot a lovely jack rabbit 15 or so years ago at a cottage. Don't think we ate it

Maybe sprinkle some finished hash oil on top

I'm not sure what time of year it was, maybe there's a certain time of season where they aren't as good, or have worms.. heh donno

• Like Like x 1
  9. I think it's Florida that is testing invasive Pythons for Hunt-Eat use. Seems the damn things are a HUGE problem and are fair eating.
    ==============================
    The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is collaborating with the Florida Department of Health to investigate the mercury levels in pythons to determine if they can be safely consumed. If so, the snakes may soon end up on restaurant menus and dinner tables across the state.
    ================================== Here we go.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  10. I'm going to retry these today. Have taken three capsules of my previous attempts without more than a mild buzz but I feel like I might have lost a lot of the best of it in the muslin cloth when I tried to remove the greenery. I've been testing the temps on my slow cooker and I think it'll give me steady 240f and 220f so I'll switch to it for the cooking.

This time I'll try decarb uncovered, grind finer and not even bother trying to remove the bud. I'm still wondering if I should leave it heat /infuse for longer to compensate for the raw nature of the material? I've previously left my trim (and other rough cuts) in the slow cooker for 48hrs and had decent returns. Is there any downside to this kind of approach other than wasted time?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. I can vouch for the Ardent Nova. We decided to try one out and have been impressed with it. Super easy to use, moderately discreet ( still smells, but less than oven use) and it delivers a perfect decarb every time. It really does a great job of preserving the terpenes in cannabis as well. The Nova is great for personal use but it may end up being too small for a more commercial application ( only takes about 14 g at a time) , but they just came out with the FX which can handle much more.
    You can also use them to infuse oils and the likes. Kief and hash can be decarbed easily.
    IMO... the oven method works well too, but the Nova is a nice gadget if you are a consistent edible consumer :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Experiment is always my advice. The original maker of the oil (BadKat) and I both use Kief-Hash and I admit to optimizing the process for the dry ice Kief I use and the way I like my stone.

Her original thread calls for multiple additional heat and freeze steps to up the couchlock / sleeper factor and I agree with her directions. 4 or more deepens the stone considerably. I like my stone as wide awake and get up and go as I can get and the short processing gives me that. Long cooks just put me to sleep.

If you make this in small 1 gram batches you can change how it is done every few days and shorten the time needed to change up your game.
    1 gram of weed or kief dissolves in about a teaspoon of oil. That is 150mg or so and play with the factors. Longer decarb/ Longer cooks. More or less Lecithin. Tons of cooking oils to try. Lots of little changes that can have effects on the stone.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  13. Cheers BNw. Good advice. I'll decarb 5g and that'll give me 5x1g experiments.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
  14. So around here the best time for small game is after a couple freezes, otherwise they are COVERED in fleas and bugs.

Wonder how it is closer to the equator

• Like Like x 1
  15. So I got ahold of a quarter of small buds (not quite shake) on the cheap and I took 2.5g of it and put it in a Mason jar and then in the freezer. I don't have a stainless steel tumbler so I opted for the glass, I'm experimenting here. Freezer for 1hr shake for 90 seconds x2. The good kief seemed to stick all over the sides and lid while the greener more plant matter stuff congregated at the bottom. Dumped out the big stuff and cleaned the rest with a brush. It worked. It'll work better with a screen I can tell but it worked. It wasn't enough to do anything with so I smoked it, haha. It's legit!

So, next step is to make or get a bigger, better model. I think I can make something simple and functional with a screen. Once I figure all that out, I'm gonna start with a gram of the kief to make oil. My question is do I just decarb the kief like regular without doing anything else to it?

Another question, would this method work well with straight up shake, or does it have to be buds?

I'm determined to make this shit work, and with my new flow of cheaper material it'll keep the wife from bitching quite so much...

• Like Like x 2
  16. LMAO stop smoking it and keep collecting it. Each of my Capsules only hold 0.16666666 grams of Kief and 2 capsules kick me hard.

Yes identical decarb. 240 F for 40 minutes.

Garbage In Garbage Out. GIGO.
    It'll work with any grade of material. It comes down to how much plant material you can eat without it upsetting your stomach.

A caution.
    All cooking oils in large amounts can cause loose stools to outright diarrhea so the stronger your oils are the better. Coconut oil is especially subject to this effect at least on me it can be. With Hash we use so little oil it's not an issue but with Buds and trim your dealing with ever larger amounts of oil for an equivalent stone.

Sucks to have a great stone on but be trapped in the bathroom.
    If your a low dose person it's not an problem but for high dose users like myself it can be a bottleneck when using low grade material.
    I'd use a different oil for a low grade material like trim. Butter or Bacon fat. Doubles the onset time to 2 full hours but it's less likely to cause trouble.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  17. My Wife is a canner as well.
    She used a jar of her Tomatoes, Onions, Basil Leafs for Pasta last night.
    :)
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  18. I need someone to show me how I'm scared of it. Don't matter the reading. Just worried the exploding or getting sick

Sent with more cow bell!?

19. Like why can't you reuse ball lids?i don't get it. I seen some do but i read you shouldn't.

Sent with more cow bell!?

20. Water bath canning is fairly simple and my wife reuses her lids unless it's damaged or she suspects a flaw.
    The lids are really cheap and come in packs for $2.00

Lots of vids on Tube and Facebook has a canning section I think. Bound to it has everything.
    Nothing explodes in a water bath. A jar can crack but they usually stay intact. Even cracks are rare though.

BNW

• Like Like x 1