My First Grow Ever! Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by AnonymousInventer, Jul 27, 2017.

?

Which strain should I choose to grow first?

1. White Widow Max (Regular)

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Nitro Lemon Haze (Feminized)

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. It most likely is normal for that specific strain lol... normal is pretty broad as every plant has different characteristics and traits... some won't purple until late flower some purple naturally some require a bit of cold (nothing wrong with that)... and others just won't show purple. Some do show early on and it does look neat.

Grow journal

2. I hope you're right! I just know the bud I got this seed from had zero purple in it so Im slightly worried. I've been doing some research and it sounds like it could be phosphorus deficiency or from over watering. My temp never drops below 70° so I'm sure that's not it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. you could be right.... the thought ran across my head too. I just wouldn't worry to much if it grows fine... just wait and see how she does.

You have no idea how the bud was seeded either though... for all you know it was seeded with a male plant with purple traits.. who knows lol you could always look into P though I mean if it was something wrong that's what it'd most likely be

Grow journal

4. Lol I didn't see your post when I made that comment and wanted to respond to it instead.

• Like Like x 1
  5. At this point I'm not very concerned about having nutrient deficiency. So I'll just keep a close eye on it. If the stems or top of leaves become purple soon I'll look more into P deficiency. My main concern is just watering and drainage. I've had a hell of a time with proper drainage. I was afraid that it was becoming root rot because it was always sitting in water at the bottom. So that's why I transplanted it. I haven't given it any water since the transplant. I just mist it in the morning to simulate morning dew. Not sure when I should actually water it. I know that you should water it well after transplant but I wanted to give time to properly dry out. I'm paranoid that I'm going to over or under water. I was using the inch deep or whatever trick but that would be dry and the bottom of solo cup still soaked. So I have mixed feelings about using that method of determining when to water.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Get a pot that's the same size fill it up with unwatered soil and use that as your judge or weigh it and use that as a guideline obviously it'll be a little off as there won't be a plant in the soil.. other than that I highly recommend underwatering versus overwatering... underwatering caught early is just some droopy sad leaves... give them water check on them an hour later and they are nice and happy again... water to often and it's just a headache that can take some days for the soil to properly dry out.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Great advice! I read that duplicate pot trick somewhere else but I only have the one lol. Next seedling though I will for sure use identical pots to measure water weight. So should I just wait like another day before giving it some water to test if it's over/under watering? Its probably over watering the leaves seem like they are less droopy than yesterday.

8. Yeah if the leaves seem to improving definitely wait a day and see what they look like... if they look even better wait a bit longer if the pot doesn't feel worryingly dry. My smaller plants that I keep in larger pots like that can take a week+ before needing more water at least until the roots really fill into the soil.

Grow journal

• Like Like x 2
  9. Alright sounds good.

• Like Like x 1
  10. You should of told that to my first grow.... lmao

Grow journal

11. Yeah how do you think I felt when I got 4 males my first grow one of which I veg'd for over 3 months the other three around 4-6 weeks

Grow journal

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Size wise it looks fine. Got a more recent pic?

Grow journal

13. Seems to be overwatered also are you ph'ing the water? What soil are you using?

Grow journal