Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabutter Chocolate

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Jonny5Alive, Oct 28, 2016.

1. I've got a nice batch of cannabutter ready for a recipe. I've recently mastered cannabutter caramels. However, I had to pour them into mini-cupcake pans lined with traditional muffin wrappers. This was due to the fact that they're too sticky & malleable to set in candy/chocolate molds. Will cannabutter chocolates have similar results or will I be able to pop them out after refrigerating or freezing them in the molds. If so, do the molds need some sort of nonstick applied beforehand?

2. it couldn't hurt to use some nonstick beforehand, but if you cool them I'd imagine they'd come out just fine.

• Like Like x 2
  3. See how she goes...;)

4. If you use paraffin wax in the chocolate it'll be easier to handle. The consistency changes when the chocolates introduced to the extra butter. This way you'll be able to keep it out in room temp otherwise it'll get melty and hard to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  5. Thanks!

6. Would a coconut infused oil work better than butter for chocolates?

7. Same thing applies even using oil :)

• Like Like x 3
  8. Thanks MF! One other question-I use a crockpot for my endeavors (the Magic Butter machine doesn't appeal to me). Recommended temp for coconut oil infusion is suggested 160F. My crock hits 200 even on the keep warm setting. Is this absolutely too hot or will an infusion work at this 40 degree increase? Thinking about a hot plate for the future. Wuddya think?

9. We usually infuse the bud after its decarbed and then infuse it for 40-60 minutes total at 220 in toaster/oven. Sorry im a lil late, i havent been on here much. Been baking and showing friends how easy it is to make oil lately:) Everyone i know wants em for xmas time:)

• Like Like x 2
  10. MF Bloomer, how much paraffin to chocolate do you use? Wish I was on your Christmas list!

• Like Like x 1
  11. I usually only make for myself:greedy: There are those lucky enough to be near me when im high or feel generous who ive given some too. It takes away from my stash tho lol. I usually just guess but typically just use about 1/4-1/2 the bar of the parrafin wax to a bag/bar of chocolate but all depends on how much infused oil your adding in. If its a couple table spoons worth than you wont need much and vice versa. I hope this helps:)

• Like Like x 1